Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > News articles and reports
Click to log in with Facebook
News articles and reports News articles, op-eds, reports on issues of immigration.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2016, 02:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Aemon.Targ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamakazee View Post
Greg Siskind Quoted in Law360 Regarding Proposed EAD Rule « Greg Siskind Quoted in Law360 Regarding Proposed EAD Rule - Siskind Susser PC Siskind Susser PC

“There is no requirement in the Immigration and Nationality Act requiring a demonstration of compelling circumstances,” attorney Gregory Siskind of Siskind Susser PC argued in his comments. “The only reason for such a requirement is to cull the number of potential applicants despite the president having the authority to be as generous as he wishes.”

“Only a tiny number of people would ever fit in under the enumerated examples,” Siskind argued, saying that being trapped in a green card line is also “compelling” and that the requirement should be abandoned.

siskind's stand on ead rule.
Really, then why is he blocking me from asking very basic questions on this rule?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2016, 08:00 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GC2022 is infamous around these parts GC2022 is infamous around these parts
Default IV Twitter handle has gone off the deep end.

Someone has taken over the IV Twitter handle and is talking nonsense.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:31 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC2022 View Post
Someone has taken over the IV Twitter handle and is talking nonsense.
Oh ya, which part is non sense? Can you please quote? Probably you did not understand the context, is that possible?

Old 03-06-2016, 09:42 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default This

Maybe I donot understand the context

But this is what I am referring to

@immivoice: .@cyrusmehta @gsiskind U r lucky 2b talking 2 me.Others in IV leadership will not even spit on your face. Everyone knows the truth Cyrus

Old 03-06-2016, 10:12 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maybe I donot understand the context

But this is what I am referring to

@immivoice: .@cyrusmehta @gsiskind U r lucky 2b talking 2 me.Others in IV leadership will not even spit on your face. Everyone knows the truth Cyrus
Ya you are right. You did not understand the context. So let us help you understand

For years, immigration lawyers and their organization have been pretending to represent immigrants, but what they have been doing behind closed door is - making immigration laws to benefit immigration lawyers and employers. And the proof is - the backlog you are in, and the nuanced rules and regulations that have been carefully created to prevent immigrants from changing employers.

Some people can see through the BS of these sleazy lawyers, what these lawyers have been doing to over a million of people so the lawyers can line their pockets. Is it wrong to call them the way it is?

What is more outrageous? The comments below? Or the systematic manner in which over a million and their families have been held captive at the mercy of their employers?

Old 03-06-2016, 10:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
satya.atx is on a distinguished road
Default Not helping

Guys I understand your frustrations. I am in same league with a Masters from a great university and 12 years in USA and still waiting even an EAD. Unable to travel with clarity and feeling indentured.
However shouting out on twitter handle with the kind of comments including words like f'ing is not helping the cause.
We cannot appear to be crazy. I know you have been more in the inner circles and seeing your work sabotaged which is the source of frustration.
Just lambasting everyone who throws a voice calling for a semblance of order is not helping either.
We have strong talking points on benefits of immigration. Heck even the army is open to recruiting immigrants because they cant find enough civilians to do so.

We dont want to be dismissed as crackpots in other important meeting and this kind of social media presence is sabotaging the FACE of millions. People contributing here are entrusting their trust and trying to help as much as they can. If you didnt want to indulge in that kind of mud slinging you could have simply ignored it.

I do believe companies,our Indian companies have a vested interest in indenture. I am sure some US companies do too. We do need to keep language civil, stick to facts and hardships. We could have just pointed to comments from lawyers and such which did not address the core issue of job portability and left it at that.

Antagonizing them against our cause is not helping. Atleast ignore them if not address them peacefully. Many people here dont stand with the language used.

Old 03-06-2016, 10:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

and why use IV twitter handle to do this. You can just use yours or afake one to respond. You are the face of millions and not just a select few.

Old 03-06-2016, 10:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I really believe if the intent is to push change that language is doing more harm than good. Really.

Old 03-07-2016, 01:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya.atx View Post
I really believe if the intent is to push change that language is doing more harm than good. Really.
Oh Shut the hell up man. While we are all fucked in this endless servitude all you care about is propriety?

Pay close attention to what the Siskinds, AILA and his ilk have posted. They pat DHS on the back and gingerly put forth suggestions of "being generous" with the definition of Compelling Circumstances. Now here is some food for thought for you. If you give weak and non-specific comments to an organization that has already fucked-up and deviated from the original promised intent then what chance do you stand for getting exactly what you need?

Keep in mind there isn't going to be a second comment period - this one that ended was it! So whatever the jokers at USCIS come up with is what we will have to live with. These lawyer cartels have a very twisted way of getting around public shaming by not putting specifics in their commentary. You will find that everything that Siskind and his cartel commented on can be interpreted several ways and that is exactly what they want USCIS to do. This will allow them to say "We Tried but Tough Luck" and USCIS will say "Look we did most of what you asked".

The only way to steer the ship right is to be unambiguous and specific in your commentary which, I think, IV has done amazingly well!

I pointed this shit out immediately once they posted their comments and the sleazy Siskind blocked me too. Not that I give a shit but just telling you that they are only good for misleading gullible people with sweet-talk and when it matters they will just skimp around the issue without ever getting to the real core of the problem.

I don't speak for IV bu I think IV should definitely be more vocal and shame these assholes in public - yell at the top of our lungs on every forum we can. Sitting quietly and wimping in a corner is what got us here in the first place!

Old 03-07-2016, 09:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
buffbloke is infamous around these parts buffbloke is infamous around these parts
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomizedPrecision View Post
Oh Shut the hell up man. While we are all fucked in this endless servitude all you care about is propriety?
There is a difference between being vocal and engaging in a public missing match on twitter. No matter how solid the work done by IV has been, it's the outbursts like these that are a major turn off for many. All the opposition has to do now is to show these tweets and all the foul mouthed members of IV to their 'bhakts' and others to portray us as a fringe conspiracy theorists group. Like it or not , perception is the most important think that can lost quickly and if that happens it may be difficult to bring new members when they can be easily lured by others who show a better temperament.

Old 03-07-2016, 10:58 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffbloke View Post
There is a difference between being vocal and engaging in a public missing match on twitter. No matter how solid the work done by IV has been, it's the outbursts like these that are a major turn off for many. All the opposition has to do now is to show these tweets and all the foul mouthed members of IV to their 'bhakts' and others to portray us as a fringe conspiracy theorists group. Like it or not , perception is the most important think that can lost quickly and if that happens it may be difficult to bring new members when they can be easily lured by others who show a better temperament.
"turn off"? We are not trying to give any one a kick or give "turn-on" to anyone. If you for one is looking for a turn-on then look elsewhere.

"opposition will show our tweets"? To whom? There is no secret about what we posted. Everybody knows about corrupt immigration lawyers, companies screwing immigrants and US workers. We have never been shy to speak up about this with Members of Congress, DHS and Administration. Why? because that's the truth.

Old and new members are all exploited by same bunch of lawyers and employers. That is the truth. But according to you, we should not speak up, and if we do, that your threat is that "new members wont come", seriously? If doing the right thing means new members will not join then so be it. We need to do the right thing, and the right thing is to expose these bastards who are part of the corrupt system that is exploiting our people.

From here on, we are going to go on the offensive. We are not going to sit back and wait for lawyers to throw things at us. We will hit back in media and on the Hill. The perception that matters is the one of the Members of Congress. These lawyers and companies exploit our people, we will make sure that every one knows what these bastards have been doing. You have a problem with that?

Last edited by Administrator2; 03-07-2016 at 11:03 AM.

Old 03-07-2016, 11:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffbloke View Post
We understand that people are upset about this. But the big picture is 1.5 million are living as indentured servants - we know first hand (and we hope others know too) that lawyers and companies have worked hand-in-glove creating this system. If it isn't clear read our comments about the holes we blasted into the regulation and go read the lawyer's and lawyers' groups submission - the lawyers and lawyers groups are in complete acquiescence to the wrong interpretation of the law - in-spite of obvious issues that have existed for 16 years. Not a single one blogged or tweeted about it. Even now, they won't talk about it - they would rather talk about us not citing them, than the substance of the issue - which is our lack of job flexibility.

If someone is living as an indentured servant and our tone is the one thing that is turning them off, then someones priories are massively mis-aligned. Similarly if someone living as an indentured servant because of lawyers, looks towards a lawyer or lawyers group for advocacy - there isn't much we can do about it.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Last edited by hil3182; 03-07-2016 at 11:11 AM.

Old 03-07-2016, 11:08 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Fully agree with the above

Imagine you are at a dinner party, you have a sinister uncle(s) who schemes and plots revenge like in saas bahu serials.

Now imagine there is another uncle - the man of ideas and ideology.

Suddenly - the man of ideas stands up and pisses on the sinister uncle and start yelling obscenities.

Imagine whats going on in the heads of other people at the table.

maybe thats not a perfect analogy, but its close.

ANother way to put it is - vikidisi has written about reaching out to mainstream media with our cause. I am personally planning to write to techcrunch as march is Immigration month. Now whats going to happen the moment they see this stuff on our twitter timeline.

Donot get me wrong, i am not proposing that we should bend over and take what they give, Not at all. We need to fight, we will. But we donot have to look like college kids in a sophomoric brawl.

Old 03-07-2016, 11:59 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare

Quote:
Imagine you are at a dinner party, you have a sinister uncle(s) who schemes and plots revenge like in saas bahu serials.

Now imagine there is another uncle - the man of ideas and ideology.

Suddenly - the man of ideas stands up and pisses on the sinister uncle and start yelling obscenities.

Imagine whats going on in the heads of other people at the table.

maybe thats not a perfect analogy, but its close.

ANother way to put it is - vikidisi has written about reaching out to mainstream media with our cause. I am personally planning to write to techcrunch as march is Immigration month. Now whats going to happen the moment they see this stuff on our twitter timeline.

Donot get me wrong, i am not proposing that we should bend over and take what they give, Not at all. We need to fight, we will. But we donot have to look like college kids in a sophomoric brawl.
Your dinner party example is neither applicable nor relevant. So you can cook as many scenarios as you want. But when you don't know the reason why we do whatever we do, then how can you judge if the desired outcome is intentional because it helps us in some ways. Is that possible?

Media loves controversy. And maybe we want to show to the media that immigrants hate immigration lawyers because ....... and here is the level of discourse. Is that possible?

Your narrative seem to suggest that somehow because we have a light exchange with 2 useless lawyers for whom no one cares, now news media will no longer be willing to cover green card issue? You realize how dumb that sounds?

You may think these 2 lawyers are gods, but outside of skilled immigrants, neither does anyone know about these two jerks, nor do anyone care. They may be gods in your universe. But your universe is pretty tiny and it is unaligned with the universe of media and policy makers.

And sometimes it is necessary to pick a college style brawl. You don't know what we plan on doing with this or why we picked a fight, do you? If you don't know our intention or plan, then how did you conclude that its all wrong?

We are in control. We can pick a fight at any time to use it our advantage and defuse it anytime. When we are in control, we want to use it to our advantage. And that is what we did. I know you don't understand it now and we have no urge to make you understand it either. But in time you will.

Last edited by Administrator2; 03-07-2016 at 12:02 PM.

Old 03-07-2016, 12:54 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Not really

I donot think these lawyers are good for anything. Infact i myself am blocked from their timelines.

But that just doesnt mean we go around yelling. it makes us look weak.

We have to hit them where it effects. not just spray bullets.