Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > News articles and reports
Click to log in with Facebook
News articles and reports News articles, op-eds, reports on issues of immigration.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2009, 12:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of
Default The True Face of Lagadapati (Lanco) Raj Gopal - Part 2

Insurance Fraud
Lanco Infratech is under probe for reworking insurance deals to claim crores of
rupees as reimbursement from state government corporations.
The company, which handles mega construction projects for the state government,
including the AP Health and Medical Housing and Infrastructure Development
Corporation (APHMHIDC), renegotiated premium amounts with insurance companies
and pocketed huge refunds.
Even Lord Balaji was not spared as one of the Lanco
projects now under the scanner relates to the construction of the Vedic
University of the Tirumala-Tirupati Devasthanam, sources said.
The premium reimbursements related to the CAR (contractor all-risk) policies that Lanco
Infratech had to take for each project as per the tender rules. Under the CAR norms, the
contractor company, Lanco Infratech in this instance, would have to insure the entire
project and claim reimbursement of premium from the principals, mostly government
companies and TTD in one case.
Lanco Infratech would first negotiate the policy with an insurer and pay up the premium.
It would get the premium refunded from the contracting principal. Thereafter it would go
back to the insurer to renegotiate the premium, saying it had got a lower quote from a
competitor company. The insurer agreed to lower the premium and refunded the
balance, which Lanco Infratech would not report to the principal and simply pocketed.
The government companies have suffered huge losses by paying up higher premiums
and this has been going on at least from 2007.
The construction of an integrated educational complex for the Indian Institute of
Information Technology (IIIT) at Basar in Adilabad district is a classic case. Lanco
had bought insurance cover with the New India Assurance, Basheerbagh, for
payment of Rs 1,89,60,000 as premium.
After getting it refunded by the principal, APHMHIDC, Lanco Infratech went back
to the insurer to renegotiate a steep drop in the premium. That deal through
policy no: 610200/44/08/03/600 00027 yielded Lanco Infratech a refund of Rs 1.53
crore and the government corporation was in the dark.
The projects for medical colleges in Ongole and Srikakulam had yielded premium
refunds of Rs 17 lakh and Rs 11 lakh respectively.
“Our vigilance officials are probing irregularities,” said the chairman and managing
director G. Srinivasan of the United India Insurance Co. Ltd, acknowledging the Lanco
scam. UIIC investigators are now busy checking whether some of their own executives
had colluded with Lanco Infratech. A few other insurance majors figure in the list of
insurers that Lanco had used in its fruitful project deals.
Lanco Sasan Controversy
In July 2007, the Empowered Group of Ministers (EGoM) cancelled the bid of Lanco
consortium for the 4,000 MW ultra mega power project in Sasan, Madhya Pradesh. The
Lanco Group is alleged to have violated norms by quoting the financial and technical
strength of its foreign partner's parent company at the time of bidding.
Vizhinjam International Transhipment Terminal Port Controversy
Lanco was awarded the Rs.5,300-crore project on build-operate-transfer basis in May
2008 through global tender. Zoom Developers, the only other bidder other than Lanco
was disqualified on technical grounds. Zoom went to court challenging its
disqualification during the appraisal of its technical bid.
The case moved from the Kerala High Court to the Supreme Court. After much
litigation, Lanco decided to pull out from this project.
Power Politics
Lanco is perhaps the number one company when it comes to litigations and
controversies. Almost all its power projects are mired in controversies. Let us examine
some of these cases state-by-state
Andhra Pradesh:
The then Chandra Babu Naidu government entered into faulty Power Purchase
Agreements (PPAs) with Lanco Kondapalli Power which resulted in excessive payments
to the tune of 586 Crores between 2001 and 2006. Andhra Pradesh Transmission
Corporation has levied liquidated damages of Rs 95.16 Crores for delay in achieving
commercial production.
According to conservative estimates, Lanco Kondaplli Power Project benefitted to the
tune of Rs. 1000 Crores from the faulty Power Purchase Agreements of AP state
government.
Punjab:
Lanco bidded for 1320 MW Rajpura thermal plant in Punjab, but the PSEB Engineers
Association has d said that the bid is very high and should be re-invited. The PSEB
Engineers Association in its letter to Punjab Chief Minister had pointed out that the poor
track record of Lanco in executing projects. Lanco has quoted Rs.1.829 per unit as fixed
charges where as Sterlite had quoted Rs.1.20 per unit for Talwandi Sabo project in
Punjab.
Haryana:
The former Finance Minister of Haryana Sampat Sing said in 2008 February that the
Lanco Amarkantak Thermal Project project was full of loopholes and allegedly smacked
of corruption and favouritism. He said the state government would purchase electricity
at the landed cost of Rs 2.75 per unit under this deal, whereas from the Sasan project of
MP, it would get electricity at the rate of Rs 1.19 per unit. This big difference showed
that there was corruption in the deal, he alleged.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2009, 12:43 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2011
Compare
prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future
Default Razakar movement and the lesson on Telangana history…

Quote:
Originally Posted by ita View Post
Telanaga was not able to deal with what is called Razakar movement on their own which was Hyd muslims versus Telangana Hindus.There are so many stories about what Telanaga people lost in the riots.

Also after Independence Nizam Nawab wanted to give Hyd to Pakistan.His argument was when Kashmir filled with muslims was given to India just because the Kashmir king was Hindu why should he the Nawab of Hyd being a Muslim give Hyd to India even if the area was filled Hindus. Sardar patel didn't give him any option(Thanks to Patel.Also thanks to Nehru that he was on foreign tour at that time else like in POK case he might have turned to UN.)They feel Hyd was usurped from them.It still rankles them though they lie low.

I agree with you on Hyd hype . But for corrupt Telangana politicians it is golden goose.They won't let Hyd be as it is now.They simply have no capacity based on their past performances . Given the current situation I'm happy Hyd is not B'lore.We don't want investors to run away.
Razakar movement was not hindu-muslim roits as you made out. That was a kind of Telangana’s independence movement.
The Nizams did not rule their little kingdom as a single unit. There were Zameendars (Mostly “Reddy”s if you need to know) who ruled the Nizam’s kingdom as vassals of Nizam. You have to understand the Zameedari system to really to understand the Razakar movement. The Zameendars were basically small kings lording over their lands and Pheasants (small farmers) took care of the farming and other stuff living off the Zameendar’s trinkets. This was basically a feudal system of slavery and subjugation.
(Watch the national award winning movie – “Maa Bhoomi” to really understand the Telangana those days. Watch it even if you don’t want to learn about Telangana, It is beautifully made and there is couple of very good songs)

In and around 1947 the pheasants rebelled against the feudal set us (probably inspired by the things that were going on in the country at that time) and started grabbing the land that they were taking care of for generations (and driving the Zameendars to the safety of Hyderabad.) Nizam would’nt want any of that in his kingdom, so, he sends his razakars (for a lack of better word) to suppress the pheasant movement.

In this background, our “Night on the white horse – Patel” enters, and assimilates the Nizam kingdom into India. But, then, instead of supporting the pheasants, he supports the zameendars and brutally suppresses the movement.
(One of my relatives – long since passed used tell stories of how the Indian army solders lined up the communists (the pheasants were branded with that name) and shot them with one bullet).

This feudal system continued in Telangana until Indira Gandhi destroyed it with the “Land ceiling act of 1974”. I am not trying to generalize that the whole population of the Telangana were slaves – Hope you get the picture. If you go to remote villages in telangana, even now, old people great the higher ups (leaders or government afficials) with “Kalmokta banchenu” – which translates to “this slave touches your feet”.
If you understand the whole thing properly, you will also notice that, this feudal system is the root cause for the starting of the Naxalite movement.

So, when the unified state was formed, all the british systems were adopted lock –stock and barrel. The Andhra and the Rayalaseema had experience with British education system, British bureaucracy and British legal system. The few Telangana people who were educated were educated in Nizam’s system, which was basically meant learning urdu.

So the other regions, especially Andhra with huge groups of already trained lawyers, teachers and what-not in the british system monopolized the AP government.
And also pockets of the Andhra were affluent – for example the people under Prakasham barrage etc – which translated into more advancement of that group.
This group knew how to use the system for their advancement, so used it.
(Check the history of Nagarjunasagar project and how the left canal plans were manipulated to the detriment of Telangana)

It took a whole generation for the Telangana people to catch up to this “new system” (for the lack of better word). And for the huge chunk of population that came out of the feudal system the learning process only started after 1974.

When I don’t blame the backwordness of the Telangana on the leaders completely for the current state of affairs, that is with clear understanding of the history.

Alas- I had to repeat this whole history to a guy who was born and brought up in Telangana.
I140 approved Dec-2008
I485 Not filed under EB-3 - Waiting for the Priority date...
Started a new EB2 with a different company
LC approved april-2011
I140 filed May-2011
I485 filed Jun/Jul - 2011
I485 Approved - Oct-2011

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:05 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2011
Compare
prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future
Default Your ignorance of the facts shows once again.

Quote:
Telanaga was not able to deal with what is called Razakar movement on their own which was Hyd muslims versus Telangana Hindus.There are so many stories about what Telanaga people lost in the riots.

Also after Independence Nizam Nawab wanted to give Hyd to Pakistan.His argument was when Kashmir filled with muslims was given to India just because the Kashmir king was Hindu why should he the Nawab of Hyd being a Muslim give Hyd to India even if the area was filled Hindus. Sardar patel didn't give him any option(Thanks to Patel.Also thanks to Nehru that he was on foreign tour at that time else like in POK case he might have turned to UN.)They feel Hyd was usurped from them.It still rankles them though they lie low.

I agree with you on Hyd hype . But for corrupt Telangana politicians it is golden goose.They won't let Hyd be as it is now.They simply have no capacity based on their past performances . Given the current situation I'm happy Hyd is not B'lore.We don't want investors to run away.
In Telangana, the muslims are spread all over the place. Concentrated in more numbers in some pockets and less in some. (See, there are couple of districts named as Mahaboobnagar and Nizamabad) These muslims of Hyderabad and other places are just like any other common people of Telangana. There are muslim formers, teachers, business men, tea shop owners, police persons, electric line men… (Hope you get the picture) These people are part and parcel of Telangana and suffered backwordness as any other Telanganite did.

And on your first point of Telangana people not knowing how to fight for their rights –
Telangana people fought and sacrificed a lot for independence (not against British but from Nizams) just like any other Indian region.

Don’t you think your whole comment is filled filled with superiority complex, insulting to muslims and lack of understanding of Telangana?
I140 approved Dec-2008
LC approved april-2011
I140 filed May-2011
I485 Approved - Oct-2011

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:11 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2011
Compare
Default On a lighter note...

Quote:

After you watch the "Maa Bhoomi", to lighten your heart, watch NTR and Savitri's "Missamma" - Which was made, I beleive, around 1950s.

And while doing that, notice the socio economic differences in those two settings.
I140 approved Dec-2008
LC approved april-2011
I140 filed May-2011
I485 Approved - Oct-2011

Old 12-17-2009, 01:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future

Don't you think it's about time you answered the obvious question what you will do if Muslims started asking for separate state on the same basis on which you are asking state should be split rather than trying to add non existent superiority complex to my post?

I already told LetstalkLC I'm not getting into discussion if nothing that makes sense is brought onto the table.
You mentioned you were trying to understand the argument about United Andhra.That's why I got into showing you what I can.
So it's not my ignorance, it's your intention that despite saying you are trying to understand the other side of argument you are getting into things which will eventually digress from the topic.
I rest the discussion with you too . There's nothing that I'm learning ( that benefits the discussion )from you or letstlaklc because when I discuss/argue I do it to learn/share.Obviously you have are only skirting the subject on the surface level with some kind of desperation (going by the way you are switching your stance Eg: First you say you don't care corrupt KCR then try to imply it is KCR who should get credit for development done in Telanagan by Andhra leaders not to mention your other examples).

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanthg View Post
In Telangana, the muslims are spread all over the place. Concentrated in more numbers in some pockets and less in some. (See, there are couple of districts named as Mahaboobnagar and Nizamabad) These muslims of Hyderabad and other places are just like any other common people of Telangana. There are muslim formers, teachers, business men, tea shop owners, police persons, electric line men… (Hope you get the picture) These people are part and parcel of Telangana and suffered backwordness as any other Telanganite did.

And on your first point of Telangana people not knowing how to fight for their rights –
Telangana people fought and sacrificed a lot for independence (not against British but from Nizams) just like any other Indian region.

Don’t you think your whole comment is filled filled with superiority complex, insulting to muslims and lack of understanding of Telangana?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of

Quote:
Don't you think it's about time you answered the obvious question what you will do if Muslims started asking for separate state on the same basis on which you are asking state should be split rather than trying to add non existent superiority complex to my post?

I already told LetstalkLC I'm not getting into discussion if nothing that makes sense is brought onto the table.
You mentioned you were trying to understand the argument about United Andhra.That's why I got into showing you what I can.
So it's not my ignorance, it's your intention that despite saying you are trying to understand the other side of argument you are getting into things which will eventually digress from the topic.
I rest the discussion with you too . There's nothing that I'm learning ( that benefits the discussion )from you or letstlaklc because when I discuss/argue I do it to learn/share.Obviously you have are only skirting the subject on the surface level with some kind of desperation (going by the way you are switching your stance Eg: First you say you don't care corrupt KCR then try to imply it is KCR who should get credit for development done in Telanagan by Andhra leaders not to mention your other examples).
Good decision man finally, yes, you first understand the history by reading articles, you are not patient enough to read and understand the problems of Telangana and un justise was done all these years.

I Hope you realized by now.

Again - Leave all the politicians and politics here first, you better Read the true stories on the United Andhra, I am saying same thing many times because at least by now you will read and understand.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Hyderabad is part of Telangana

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravInd View Post
How can we deny a seperate Hyderabad if politicians like owisi (pick your name) demands one? Wouldn't that be discriminating to say no that? Because Hyderabad was also seperate right? Am I not correct? If so, one side while seeking seperate state, the same TRS members demaning that Hyderabad must be part of Telangana. Isn't self conflicting demand. All I am saying is the one we are stepping into has potential to explode and ruin every one.
There is a Jai Andhra Movement, Greater rayalaseema Movement and Uttara Andhra movement too, what can you say about them?

Before united Andhra, there was no seperate Hyderabad state(I mean just one district), it was part of Telangana, one can't understand how come people will speak just like that.

Last edited by letstalklc; 12-17-2009 at 01:53 PM.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:48 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2011
Compare
Default Understanding the problem will lead to a solution...

In all my posts on this subject, I have tried to support my point of view with clear facts and examples.

I also demonstrated that, I understand the Telangana/Andhra’s history and root causes of the economic differences.
I also tried to show that when a dominant group monopolizes the corridors of power and bureaucracy, it will not help the other groups. It is not a single person’s fault, that’s how the things are.

I also tried not to name any Leader or a single person as the main cause (Might have tossed YSR’s name here and there, but no offence intended).

I also said that, I am open to suggestions for the sustained development of Telangana as part of the Unified AP.

But, All I am hearing back is, Telangana’s leaders are corrupt, It will go the way the Pakistan is going if you separate from us. The only reason you did not grow so far because of your leaders blah blah blah blah.

Please come up with a better solutions and arguments – I am all ears.
I140 approved Dec-2008
LC approved april-2011
I140 filed May-2011
I485 Approved - Oct-2011

Old 12-17-2009, 02:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitingmygc is infamous around these parts waitingmygc is infamous around these parts waitingmygc is infamous around these parts waitingmygc is infamous around these parts waitingmygc is infamous around these parts waitingmygc is infamous around these parts waitingmygc is infamous around these parts waitingmygc is infamous around these parts waitingmygc is infamous around these parts waitingmygc is infamous around these parts
Default Jai Hind

Agreed 100% with prashanthg. Do discussions in positive manner.

It will be G8 if can spare this forum to discuss this issue which is not related to immigration. Better ways to discuss this on forum like TOI etc.

Old 12-17-2009, 05:24 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2011
Compare
Default It looks like that is where this is going to end up...

Quote:
Instead of agitating for a seperate state, since centre is already in soap, push for immediate allocation of funds to deliver for development of neglected area. This has to come forth from all political fronts including TRS. This way we can corner the center and get what we want.
It is like making them pay for radical decisions they make to meet the political gains.
It looks like that is where this is going to end up...
I140 approved Dec-2008
LC approved april-2011
I140 filed May-2011
I485 Approved - Oct-2011

Old 12-17-2009, 06:47 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2011
Compare
Default Yes, If the structural issues are addressed, there is a better future for all...

Quote:
I

appreciate you for providing brief summary. It is informative. One can find in your own input that backwardness in Telangana is more to do with Nizam rule than unified andhra. So, it is no wonder that it takes time to caught up with surrounding places. But again don't your think that having a seperate talengana would put the region back into that time where fuedalism prevailed. Is this what you desire to happen.

>>> The Feudalism (at least in that former form) did not survive in Telangana. The land ceiling act did the most of the work and in northern parts, The naxals drove the land lords out of the villages. Smart ones from these upper cast people survived by doing businesses or by getting jobs, and unlucky one’s ended up as paupers because they could not sell the lands nor cultivate them.
If you see telangana members of congress, they were silent when KCR was fasting. No moral support like Jagan mohan reddy (I am not saying he is ideal one) to make a point that they are also for separate Telangana. They did not, atleast overtly. Now, they are talking in one voice. Do you know why. Because if they do not and if split happen they might have no political career. These politican make up of those fuedals, film actors and goonda. And you are batting for them. If what you said is correct and that Telangana is caughting up and it is only matter of time before they become equally prosperous.
>>>> I am trying to discuss this issue at the structural level. And you are mixing it up with political tactics of the leaders and corruption. The political leaders of AP including YSR and Babu changed their positions depending up on the need of the hour. And Telangana leaders are not the exception.
There is lot of corruption even with out Separate Telangana. Because you mentioned actors and goondas - The Rayalaseema land mafia already dominates the HYD areas. The ring road plans around HYD were changed so many times to accommodate the whims of the leaders (we all know why). Akkineni’s family gets huge chunks of land around HYD to promote arts and tries to convert it to commercial property to make cool 100’s of crores.
If you want to address the issues only after proving KCR is not as corrupt as YSR or want to wait until all of them become Gandhi’s and Nehru’s, it is never going to happen.

I am not trying to say the corruption and gundaism is okay. We can’t afford wait until all them are put behind bars.

But to say that telangana has been deliberately neglected and that other regions are ganged up on them is complete false. What is the need for others to hate that regions so much.
>>> I never said the people hated each other. All I am trying to say is one group of people became strong and draining the resources from the other groups. If people like “ita”’s parents migrated to Telangana, it is not out of love or hate, It is just that they could find a job or an opportunity (through better education structures and better connections) which should have been gone to a Telangana native. Article - 371 and GO 610s were supposed to protect the interests of under developed Telangana people. Individuals will go where ever they find an opportunity. I am not blaming the people. The structures that were in place should have promoted the equitable growth.
It take courage for introspection. Any way this is just my attempt to convince you that staying together has potential for better future.
>>>> Yes, If the structural issues are addressed, there is a better future for all in the unified AP.
I140 approved Dec-2008
LC approved april-2011
I140 filed May-2011
I485 Approved - Oct-2011

Old 12-18-2009, 12:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute
Default FACTS about Telangana

Thanks to one of the bloggers for the following info

I would like to use this blog to put forth some historical points , that many of us already know,but it might help those who do not, that way we can arm ourselves against any illogical demands and blames of people who want seperate Telangana.THANK YOU.

1)Andhra- means telugu literally, andhra pradesh means, land of telugu .
((so its baseless, to even argue with the section of telugu people who do not even know the roots and changing the word Andhra to telangana where and when ever they like..thinking that Andhra relates to coastal or rayalaseema) )

2)entire telugu land despite having many kingdoms historically ,were together during 3 great empires,satavahans,kakatiyas and the vijayanagara dynasty, the golden period.

3) it is due to the malicious intentions of alien rulers -mughals,nizams and british -the telugu land is divided in to 3 regions-telangana, northern circars or coastal and the rayalaseema.

how many people from telangana know the basest of basic facts that it is the nizam( s ) who is ( are ) the real culprits .
Friends brush up on these below facts:

during the 6 treaties nizam signed with the british

1) in 1766 1st treaty nizam gave away the northern circars to british,in return for payment of 90,000 pounds annually by the british to the nizam or british assistance to nizam when needed ( either 1 option annually).

2)in 1768- 2nd treaty- as nizam succumbed to british , had to forge a gesture of friendship ,british payed an annual allowance of 50,000 pounds.

3)in 1788 nizam gave up guntur district to british in return for an annual tribute of rs 7 lakhs.

4) in 1798, nizam signed the subsidiary alliance treaty with british.
5) in 1800, nizam ceded the 4 districts of then kadapa, ananthapur,kurnool,bellary,in return fot the payment for the maintainanace of the subsidiary force in hyderabad.

thus by 1802 coastal andhra and rayalasemma came under the rule of british , where as the telangana region remained with nizam.

6)in 1803 nizam signed another treaty with british, by which the forces of hyderabad,were placed at the disposal of british for any kind of emergency.

this is the brief glimpse of how telugu land was divided.friends i recommend all of you to read this section of history.

so my co-patriots from telangana region, i would argue, thus,nizam developed hyderabad and telangana region and protected his interests, by selling the regions of coastal andhra and rayalaseema to british for an annual fee.

so if you claim hyderbad was an already developed city for 3 to 4 hundered years,where did most of that kind of money for its development come from , in those days…………………by selling our regions , so who is exploited by whom…….

Nizam infact by selling the coastal region and rayalaseema to british , sold entire India to british in a way ,cause, british got a strong hold in India thanks to Nizam.

so indirectly who contributed to hyderabad’s development pre-independence……..

Before you raise do you know this or that…..think twice……….

prior to independece do you know, great leaders from all the 3 regions together participated, motivated people from telangana region to revolt against nizam , famously called-telangana saayudha poratam, -it was not for thr formation of seperate telangana, it was a revolt against the atrocities of the nizam.
Along with the leaders from telangana , great men like chandra rajeswara rao, puchhalapalli sundariah participated to name a few……..do you know from where they are…….did they think why to bother about telugu people in telanagana…..

Do you know why telanagana was socially backward mark my words socially backward not economically post independence…………solely due to dora pettanam…..instituted by nizam for his selfish needs,these doras, practised vetti chakiri-bonded slavery, to name a few reddy doras, velama doras, police patels etc etc, high caste telagana people exploiting the backwardness of the downtrodden ,but economically telangana was always viable, except, the money was loaded amongst the dora’s after nizam.

so why blame other regions for your own faults.

for every evil deed forced on innocents , god will give a boon to the innocents.
nizam was evil, he sold the coastal and rayalaseema to british, for his selfish needs.but it turned out a boon to those regions, because british built dams on krishna and godavari ,english education system was started , people got educated, etc etc………..

so my co-patriots from telangana region, to let you know, the people from coastal or rayalaseema,did not become rich or educated by exploiting telangana from decades and decades, as you’ll are proclaimimg.

there is a lot to pen,,,,,,,,,,,,will pen soon,,,,,,,,,,,,

Old 12-18-2009, 05:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kanakabyraju is a splendid one to behold kanakabyraju is a splendid one to behold kanakabyraju is a splendid one to behold kanakabyraju is a splendid one to behold kanakabyraju is a splendid one to behold kanakabyraju is a splendid one to behold

awesome dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newuser View Post
Thanks to one of the bloggers for the following info

I would like to use this blog to put forth some historical points , that many of us already know,but it might help those who do not, that way we can arm ourselves against any illogical demands and blames of people who want seperate Telangana.THANK YOU.

1)Andhra- means telugu literally, andhra pradesh means, land of telugu .
((so its baseless, to even argue with the section of telugu people who do not even know the roots and changing the word Andhra to telangana where and when ever they like..thinking that Andhra relates to coastal or rayalaseema) )

2)entire telugu land despite having many kingdoms historically ,were together during 3 great empires,satavahans,kakatiyas and the vijayanagara dynasty, the golden period.

3) it is due to the malicious intentions of alien rulers -mughals,nizams and british -the telugu land is divided in to 3 regions-telangana, northern circars or coastal and the rayalaseema.

how many people from telangana know the basest of basic facts that it is the nizam( s ) who is ( are ) the real culprits .
Friends brush up on these below facts:

during the 6 treaties nizam signed with the british

1) in 1766 1st treaty nizam gave away the northern circars to british,in return for payment of 90,000 pounds annually by the british to the nizam or british assistance to nizam when needed ( either 1 option annually).

2)in 1768- 2nd treaty- as nizam succumbed to british , had to forge a gesture of friendship ,british payed an annual allowance of 50,000 pounds.

3)in 1788 nizam gave up guntur district to british in return for an annual tribute of rs 7 lakhs.

4) in 1798, nizam signed the subsidiary alliance treaty with british.
5) in 1800, nizam ceded the 4 districts of then kadapa, ananthapur,kurnool,bellary,in return fot the payment for the maintainanace of the subsidiary force in hyderabad.

thus by 1802 coastal andhra and rayalasemma came under the rule of british , where as the telangana region remained with nizam.

6)in 1803 nizam signed another treaty with british, by which the forces of hyderabad,were placed at the disposal of british for any kind of emergency.

this is the brief glimpse of how telugu land was divided.friends i recommend all of you to read this section of history.

so my co-patriots from telangana region, i would argue, thus,nizam developed hyderabad and telangana region and protected his interests, by selling the regions of coastal andhra and rayalaseema to british for an annual fee.

so if you claim hyderbad was an already developed city for 3 to 4 hundered years,where did most of that kind of money for its development come from , in those days…………………by selling our regions , so who is exploited by whom…….

Nizam infact by selling the coastal region and rayalaseema to british , sold entire India to british in a way ,cause, british got a strong hold in India thanks to Nizam.

so indirectly who contributed to hyderabad’s development pre-independence……..

Before you raise do you know this or that…..think twice……….

prior to independece do you know, great leaders from all the 3 regions together participated, motivated people from telangana region to revolt against nizam , famously called-telangana saayudha poratam, -it was not for thr formation of seperate telangana, it was a revolt against the atrocities of the nizam.
Along with the leaders from telangana , great men like chandra rajeswara rao, puchhalapalli sundariah participated to name a few……..do you know from where they are…….did they think why to bother about telugu people in telanagana…..

Do you know why telanagana was socially backward mark my words socially backward not economically post independence…………solely due to dora pettanam…..instituted by nizam for his selfish needs,these doras, practised vetti chakiri-bonded slavery, to name a few reddy doras, velama doras, police patels etc etc, high caste telagana people exploiting the backwardness of the downtrodden ,but economically telangana was always viable, except, the money was loaded amongst the dora’s after nizam.

so why blame other regions for your own faults.

for every evil deed forced on innocents , god will give a boon to the innocents.
nizam was evil, he sold the coastal and rayalaseema to british, for his selfish needs.but it turned out a boon to those regions, because british built dams on krishna and godavari ,english education system was started , people got educated, etc etc………..

so my co-patriots from telangana region, to let you know, the people from coastal or rayalaseema,did not become rich or educated by exploiting telangana from decades and decades, as you’ll are proclaimimg.

there is a lot to pen,,,,,,,,,,,,will pen soon,,,,,,,,,,,,

Old 12-18-2009, 07:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greatandhra has a spectacular aura about greatandhra has a spectacular aura about
Default here are actual no's

Quote:
Originally Posted by letstalklc View Post
Dude,

Look at below few major projects water share

Nagarjuna Sagar - Telangana lost 21 villages for this project, the water share for telangana is 5

lacs acres and for andhra 20 lacs acres

Krishna - Telangan 15%, Andhra 65% and Rayalaseema 20%

Sri Shialam - Telangana lost 117 villages and 2 lacs pople came to road, Telangan not getting

single drop of water from this project

Godavari - 10% of water to Telangana and 90% to andhra.

The above are few examples....
NAGARJUNA SAGAR PROJECT
Ayacut District-wise
Contemplate(acres) Localized(acres)
Nalgonda 3,97,000 3,81,022
Khammam 2,75,000 2,76,633

Krishna 3,68,305 3,70,681
West Godavary 6,734 2,244
Guntur 7,01,999 6,68,541
Prakasam 4,71,999 4,44,729
--
SRISAILAM PROJECT
Irrigation Potential
(a) SRBC
The total Irrigation Potential contemplated is 1.9 lakh acres covering 3 Taluks in Kurnool District (1.67 lakh acres) and 1 Taluk in Kadapa District (0.23 lakh acres).
(b) SLBC
It is contemplated to provide Irrigation facilities in Drought prone areas of Nalgonda District in addition to drinking water to fluoride affected villages enroute. The Project is later renamed as Alimineti Madhava Reddy Project. This is a Lift Scheme taking off from foreshore of Nagarjuna Sagar Reservoir and consists of two canals.
Irrigation Potential contemplated is 2.70 lakh acres. So far, no Irrigation Potential is created.
---
Sriramasgar
Sriramasgar Project Stage-I is a multipurpose irrigation project constructed across the Godavari River near Pochampad (V) in Nizamabad (District). The foundation stone of this project was laid on 26th July 1963 by the Former Hon’ble Prime Minister of India Sri Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
The project was envisaged to be constructed in two stages. As a result of Inter-state accord on sharing of Godavari River Water, the allocation for this project was increased from 66 TMC to more than 200 TMC. Accordingly the scope of Stage-I of the project was enlarged by extending excavating Kakatiya Canal up to Km.284.00, Saraswathi Canal (Km.0.00 to Km.47.000) and Laxmi Canal (Km.0.00 to Km.3.50)

The Sriramasagar Project under stage-I is contemplated to irrigate an ayacut of 9,68,640 Acres in Nizamabad, Adilabad, Karimnagar and Warangal Districts.

The project is located on Godavari River about 5 Km. Upstream of Sone Bridge on Hyderabad- Nagpur National High Way near Pochampad (V), which is about 200 Km. North of Hyderabad.
The main components of the project are:
SRS Dam
Kakatiya Canal
Lower Manair Dam
Kaddam Project
Sadarmatt Anicut
--------------
RDS Link Canal
Stabilisation of tail end ayacut of 30,000 Acres under RDS Canal.
Area covered : Mahaboobnagar District.
--------------------------
Rajolibanda Diversion Scheme Project
The Irrigation Potential under this scheme is 87,500 acres in Mahabubnagar District and 300 acres in Kurnool District
------------------
Godavary Delta System - It's the oldest system
Godavary Delta System (GDS) is an established old irrigation system in operation since 1862. The old anicut was constructed by Sir Aurthur Cotton during 1857-62 which has served the delta system for more than a century. As it was showing signs of distress, the anicut was replaced by Sir Aurthur Cotton Barrage (SACB) during the years 1970-88.Ayacut : 10.13 lakh acres

The Prakasam Barrage - I believe it's the cheapest(no dam etc) yet great returns
The Prakasam Barrage (i.e. Krishna Delta System) was constructed during 1952-58 across river Krishna. It serves an ayacut of 13.09 lakh acres khariff wet (Paddy) in Krishna, West Godavary, Guntur and Prakasam Districts
--------------
Ongoing projects in Telangana region

ALISAGAR LIFT IRRIGATION SCHEME
The Project is located near the Kosli Village, Navipet Mandal Nizamabad District and is envisaged to irrigate a total ayacut of 53,793 acres in the districts of Nizamabad only
--------
BHIMA LIFT IRRIGATION SCHEME
The Bhima Lift Irrigation Project is proposed to provide irrigation facilities to an extent of 2,03,000 Acres besides stabilisation of 4000 Acres under existing tanks in parts of Makthal, Atmakur, Wanaparthy and Kollapur Taluks of Mahabubnagar District utilising 20 TMC of water.
----
DUMMUGUDEM LIFT IRRIGATION PROJECT
he project envisages lifting of 20 TMC of Godavari water from two points to provide irrigational facilities to an extent of 3.29 Lakh Acres at an estimated cost of Rs. 3450 Crores to the upland, backward and remote areas in Khammam and parts of Krishna and West Godavari Districts
---
ODAVARI LIFT IRRIGATION SCHEME
Godavari Lift Irrigation Scheme was originally intended to divert and utilize 50 TMC of Godavari Water to irrigate about Five Lakh Acres in the upland areas covering parts of Warangal, Nalgonda, Karimnagar and Medak Districts

GUTHPA LIFT IRRIGATION SCHEME
The Project is located near the Ummeda village, Nandipet Mandal, Nizamabad District and is envisaged to irrigate a total ayacut of 38,792 acres in the districts of Nizamabad only

KALWAKURTHY LIFT IRRIGATION SCHEME
Kalwakurthy Lift Irrigation Scheme is proposed to provide irrigation facilities to an extent of 2,50,000 acres and utilising 25 TMC of water including Drinking Water facilities to 3,20,000 population (0.73 TMC) in the chronically drought affected areas in Mahabubnagar district by lifting water from Krishna River from the foreshore of Srisailam Reservoir at Regimangadda of Yelluru (V) in Kollapur (M).

LENDI PROJECT
The Project is located near the Gonegaon village, Mukhed Taluka Nanded District of Maharastra State and is envisaged to irrigate a total ayacut of 66530 acres in the districts of
1) Nnded (38,820 Acres) 2) Nizamabad (27710 acres), generates 2 Mandals and Nizamabad Dist. A.P.State.

NETTEMPADU LIFT IRRIGATION SCHEME
The Nettempadu Lift Irrigation Scheme envisages creation of irrigation potential and drinking water facilities for drought prone areas of Mahabubnagar District, by lifting water from Krishna River from the foreshore of Priyadarshini Jurala Project on the right flank near Upperu (V), Dharur (M). The Scheme is intended to create irrigation potential to an extent of about 2.00 lakh acres in the upland areas of about 148 villages in Dharur and Gadwal Mandals of Mahabubnagar District utilising 20.00 TMC.

PRIYADARSHINI JURALA PROJECT
The Project is located near the Revulapally village, Dharoor Mandal, Mahabubagar District and is envisaged to irrigate / stabilize a total ayacut of 1,02,200 acres in the Districts of Mahabubnagar and to generate 240 MW of power and provides drinking water to enroute villages in the Mahabubnagar Districts.

SANGAM BANDA ( PART OF BHEEMA L I )
Due to the persistent and pressing demands from the people of the district for providing further irrigation facilities, the Government have accorded administrative approval to the two more Major Irrigation Projects namely Kalwakurthy Lift Irrigation Scheme and Bheema Lift Irrigation Project. Kalwakurthy Lift Irrigation Scheme is cleared administratively vide G.O.Ms.No.65, Dt:14.5.2003 for Rs.1500.00 Crores and the Bheema Lift Irrigation Project is cleared administratively vide G.O.Ms.No.166, Dt:30.10.2003 for Rs.1426.00 Crores. These are intended to irrigate addition ayacut of 2.50 lakh & 2.03 lakh Acres respectively in the Kollapur, Nagarkurnool, Achampet, Kalwakurthy and Makthal, Atmakur, Wanaparthy and Kollapur taluqs of the District respectively.

SINGOOR PROJECT
The Project is located near the Singoor village, Pulkal Mandal, Medak District and is envisaged to irrigate / stabilize a total ayacut of 40,000 acres in the Districts of 1. Medak 2. Nizamabad

YELLAMPALLY PROJECT
The project is under construction, across the river Godavari near Yellampally village, Karimnagar District an estimated cost of 5,300 crores to create an IP of 4.98 lakh acres in the districts of Adilabad( 0.58 lakh Acres) Warangal and Khammam, (4.40 lakh acres). The detailed Investigation of the project is completed ,Sept. month, 2003 Year.
----------------
Does any body notices so many LIFT IRRIGATION SCHEME's in this region.

under The Prakasam Barrage, Godavary Delta System water flows to the fields under gravity, no need to lift. It's very very cheap, where lift schemes are very very expensive.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:53 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Chargeability
:
United States
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Compare
dontcareanymore is infamous around these parts dontcareanymore is infamous around these parts dontcareanymore is infamous around these parts dontcareanymore is infamous around these parts dontcareanymore is infamous around these parts dontcareanymore is infamous around these parts dontcareanymore is infamous around these parts dontcareanymore is infamous around these parts dontcareanymore is infamous around these parts

I ask those who question why Telangana leaders did not help the region to check the stats on how many from Telangana region were CM and for how long. It is not difficult and is a public record.

As any one with some experience will understand the govt is run by officials (Secretariat and other public officials). Just go to Secretariat and see where they are from. That will definitely influence the policy and execution.

The following are excerpts from Fazal Ali commision on SRC (from 1955)

Case for United Andhra :

"The advantages of a larger Andhra State including Telangana are that it will bring into existence a State of about 32 millions with a considerable hinterland, with large water and power resources, adequate mineral wealth and valuable raw materials."

"Another advantage of the formation of Vishalandhra will be that the development of the Krishna and Godavari rivers will thereby be brought under unified control. The Krishna and the Godavari projects rank amongst the most ambitious in India. They have been formulated after prolonged period of inactivity, during which, for various technical and administrative, reasons only anicuts in the delta area have been built. Complete unification of either the Krishna or the Godavari valley is not, of course, possible. But if one independent political jurisdiction, namely, that of Telangana, can be eliminated, the formulation and implementation of plans in the eastern areas in these two great river basins will be greatly expedited."

Other truths about telangana from the same report:

"The existing Andhra State has faced a financial problem of some magnitude ever since it was crated and in comparison with Telangana the existing Andhra State has a low per capita revenue. Telangana, on the other hand, is much less likely to be faced with financial embarrassment. The much higher incidence of land revenue in Telangana and an excise revenue of the order of Rs.5 crores per annum principally explain this difference. Whatever the explanation may be, some Telangana leaders seem to fear that the result of unification will be to exchange some settled sources of revenue, out of which development schemes may be financed, for financial uncertainty similar to that which Andhra is now faced. Telangana claims to be progressive and from an administrative pint of view, unification it is contended is not likely to confer any benefits on this area"

This is to those argue that the British rule was a "boon" for Andhra. (How stupid was that argument...)

Many more concerns of Telangana people were documented in that report and unfortunately all of they became real under united Andhra.

Having said that, I think it would have helped Telangana if separate state was formed 40 to 50 years ago. It is half a century too late. Most of the advantages of separate Telangana have evaporated during the last half a century. May be only advantage now is releasing the land from these land grabbing mafias.

Those who are fighting for United Andhra don't have love for either Telangana or the united state. they are just trying to protect their financial interest. Most common people are suffered because of their actions.

What damage could a separate Telangana cause to a commoner from Andhra region ?
They can continue to live in Hyd if they wish to, like many people from other states.

If for no other reason, 3 separate states (instead of one) makes it easy to govern and the states become nimble and efficient. I see that the coastal Andhra has a great ports and a LOT of potential for development. Telangana can take advantage of the natural resources and plan for a complete sustainable development.

The united Andhra fighters can start the lanco hills or lanco plains in Vij/Guntur or Vizag region. New opportunity. I see a WIN/WIN in dividing.