Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > News articles and reports
Click to log in with Facebook
News articles and reports News articles, op-eds, reports on issues of immigration.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 01:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
n_2006 has much to be proud of n_2006 has much to be proud of n_2006 has much to be proud of n_2006 has much to be proud of n_2006 has much to be proud of n_2006 has much to be proud of n_2006 has much to be proud of n_2006 has much to be proud of
Default It is not just politicians

Letís not blame all on politicians. It is most of us who sit back on couches and do nothing and scold politicians. It is most of us who live in cosmopolitan cities enjoy all benefits and never bother to vote. Most of the middle class people who benefited from blooming economy but never give back anything. Most of us immature educated name sake professors, teachers and employees who can not think beyond their selfishness.

With all our greediness, laziness and selfish deeds we are costing our kids future.

I think it is not too late to wake up and do something. Let us not talk about caste but corruption.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2tlE...eature=related

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreeni.k View Post
Add to this: 2 states = 2 governments - double the bureaucracy - double the law machinery- double politicians to plunder the wealth of the country - double the government jobs = less for the development projects.

I searched through lagadapati rajagopal's (Vijayawada MP) wealth- his family owns about 55% of lanco infrotech (from BSE share holding pattern) and his wealth is about 5000 crores. Lanco infra grew 8 times the revenue in 3 years - went from 500 crores to 40000 crores - thats unimaginable rise for a infrastructure company. Imagine he is the one discussing one andhra now and going to fast for it. He has his vested interests in all this- as lanco hills will loose and so does his money. Same applies to telangana politicians - they are waiting like hungry dogs to plunder the wealth of this state and hyderabad. What's the purpose of all these divisive movements about. The same movement could have been run by students against corruption of jagan/lanco/KCR/madhu yashki and we will gain about 1 years budget for AP government.

One guy said- we shouldn't be discussing these issues here. I beg to disagree about it. It is the politicians and corrupt government in india which lead us through this immigration path. If governments in india really are run for the people welfare and develop good opportunities for all educated middle class - we would not have think of immigration as a solution. So those issues should be inclusive of any immigrant debate. Why all these highly educated people coming to US of A and trying to settle here pandering to every visa bulletin to be part of something better then India.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2009, 01:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future

I really have this genuine question.why does Loka Satta's JP promote religious based reservation?
Though there is no official proof he does indulge in caste based partnerships with him and Ramoi Rao being from same caste.

Any one who works based on caste,religious based reservations is not convincing no matter how high they talk.DOn't you think?

Like Ivgc has mentiones it's better for the like minded NRI's to get together and do something ourselves than trusting folks like JP's to avoid disappointment down the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_2006 View Post
Let’s not blame all on politicians. It is most of us who sit back on couches and do nothing and scold politicians. It is most of us who live in cosmopolitan cities enjoy all benefits and never bother to vote. Most of the middle class people who benefited from blooming economy but never give back anything. Most of us immature educated name sake professors, teachers and employees who can not think beyond their selfishness.

With all our greediness, laziness and selfish deeds we are costing our kids future.

I think it is not too late to wake up and do something. Let us not talk about caste but corruption.

Last edited by ita; 12-15-2009 at 01:50 AM.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2008
Compare
a1b2c3 is a splendid one to behold a1b2c3 is a splendid one to behold a1b2c3 is a splendid one to behold a1b2c3 is a splendid one to behold a1b2c3 is a splendid one to behold a1b2c3 is a splendid one to behold a1b2c3 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_2006 View Post
Let’s not blame all on politicians. It is most of us who sit back on couches and do nothing and scold politicians. It is most of us who live in cosmopolitan cities enjoy all benefits and never bother to vote. Most of the middle class people who benefited from blooming economy but never give back anything. Most of us immature educated name sake professors, teachers and employees who can not think beyond their selfishness.

wow, this sounds so trite!
so we should go into politics and cleanup the political system, is it? And by casting votes, we can change the rigged vote banks, can we? Which world do you live in?

And talking about giving back, what more do you want to give back? Have you not paid taxes? My father and my fore-father have paid huge taxes.
At one point my father paid 40% in taxes in India.
I have myself paid 30% tax.

Now, what more you want salaried middle class people to do?? How can you call professors, teachers and employees, selfish?
Surely, your parents would be the business class who milk the system by stashing away black money, right? In that case, your folks are selfish.

The debate is regarding whether a creation of another state would uplift its poor or not. Its not about what you do for your country and what your country does for you. So please, just cut the crap.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:32 AM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
immieb2 is a jewel in the rough immieb2 is a jewel in the rough immieb2 is a jewel in the rough
Default Wrong assumptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by smisachu View Post
There were two proposals when the princely states were integrated into India after independence. One was to draw vertical and horizontal lines across the country at ďxĒ distance and form states of the chunks. The second was to divide the country into linguistic states. The people choose the linguistic method as they wanted to preserve the culture of each state.

What is spoken in Telangana, Andra, Rayalseema etc..telegu right? Then what is this nonsense about splitting the state. Yes Hydrabad is given more prominence than say Guntoor or something but that has happened everywhere. I donít see calls to split maharastra since Mumbai is getting all the prominence. Or split Tamil Nadu as Chennai is getting all the prominence. This whole concept of dividing people is what our low life politicians have picked up from the British. We should not fall for it. The excuse that the states are too big to manage just means that the politicians are incapable of managing them and are incapable of performing their jobs and should quit. Elect someone who is capable.

This thing about splitting Andra will just snowball into all different regions in the country wanting different states. I donít know about you Andra guys but if I were you I would have spit on the face of the politicians who want to separate you and would have stood united and told them bastards to shut up with their divide and rule.

Disclaimer- I am from Karnataka and if any politician even thinks of splitting my state he will end up with a face like the Italian Prime minister- Silvio Berlusconi!
I think your assumptions are wrong. Please read the following to understand the issue:

Telangana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Andhra Pradesh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-15-2009, 12:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by immieb2 View Post
I think your assumptions are wrong. Please read the following to understand the issue:

Telangana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Andhra Pradesh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If you go back in history long enough you can justify formation of thousands of more states because each little village/tribe was mentioned as a seperate group in some historical reference.

Now Telengana and Andra might have been different princely states but they all speak Telegu right? So they should all be unified. There will be different dialects of course but my point is that in fighting will just benifit the Political parties.

Politicians have no interest what so ever for the welfare of Telengana or Andra. Their only concern is to stay in power so they can rob the people. If they split the state you can now have double the number of MLA's, Ministers and that means double the amount of money they can rob.
If people of Telangana complain (Genuinely) that only areas near Hydrabad got developed and rest of the state did not get developed. Then they should get the MLA's from Hydrabad to represent Telengana because the politicians of Telangana are obviously incapable of developing the region right.

This is just a dirty ruse by the politicians to split the people and screw them. It is my humble suggestion to people of all states not to fall for this trap. You are all speaking the same language, share the same culture even have the same movie stars, stay united.

In fighting benifits no one and every one will get f#$%^@ by the politicians.
RD- Sep 4th 2007
EAD- Sep 17th 2007
FP- Sep 28th
AP- Oct 1st

First application:
EB-2 Aug 2002-Employer Shut Down

GREENED AUG 5th 2010

Old 12-15-2009, 12:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=ita;1141780]Split is not at all about people's prosperity.

If Telangana succeeds these want to follow.

Gurkha mOrcha in W.Bangal,Some group in Tamilnadu,Koorg in Karnataka,Saurashtra in Gujarat,U.P into 2/3 parts,as of yet Maharastra is not making any noise but they want 3 parts I guess,Rajasthan(don't know how many pieces?). [quote=ita;1141780]

I am originally from Coorg in Karnataka and I will never seperate from Karnataka. There is no point. We are Kannadigas first. Some idiot politicians try to split people for their own selfish gains. Dont fall prey to this divide and rule policy again.
RD- Sep 4th 2007
EAD- Sep 17th 2007
FP- Sep 28th
AP- Oct 1st

First application:
EB-2 Aug 2002-Employer Shut Down

GREENED AUG 5th 2010

Old 12-15-2009, 12:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreeni.k View Post
This is exactly the problem- who r u to say what to claim and who is who- i never said i am from andhra - I was born in telangana- people laugh at me when i go to WG with the way i speak. Its my right to say which ever the way telangana goes- I will write / post whatever as a telanganite. I will not live in hyd as a settler or lenter but only as a rightfull citizen free to express myself. Unfortunately i am being branded as andhrite now becz of my roots- I will not suffer such branding and will not come to hyd as such.
If telangana is needed it should form for right reasons with right leadership and address grievances of people like me. Not with drunkard KCR - touting his audi and dare he during elections and talking like street dog. TRS is the source of all this havoc and should be banned like naxalites. Any party who will stoke separatist sentiments should be banned from india and shouldnt be allowed to participate in elections or allowed to be held offices.
If this movement has been due to osmania professor or somebody with some sense and good will towards this region- i would have jumped onboard in a flash. But all its going to happen is KCR CM, KTR Deputy CM and they will buy out antother swiss bank and tout porsche's on empty streets of hyderabad.
Telanagan will jump from YSR & Son's kettle to KCR & Sons Fire

Face the fact - the riches of hyd is tamtalizing for all these politcians - remove that and it will fizzle out irrespective of history.
As I said, first know the facts and then comment any body...okay....we are grown up people..not illitrates, if you wanted to be like that no body gonna change you.

Why you wanted to speak on TRS all the time, that is just one of the party in the region, just talk about the facts and their problems, As I said I hate politicians....

what do you know about telangana history and what was happened all these years, why you are talking about politicians? do you think if any body is honest and good human being at least now a days? why you are keep saying TRS and KCR? keep in mind in telangana there are other parties too, not TRS or KCR?

Look at my first post and understand the true cause, then talk why you wanted to post some thing just like that, have you even been to villages in Telangana? you said you are visiting in Andhra, did you ever compare the farm lands? how they are? how telangana farmers hanging themselfs? you know why? you know how many are from telengana sitting gulf jails who went for job because of the drought and no water facility....dont think just about hyderabad okay....all these are just few examples, if you want let me know...people are saying that this is not a general forum, so you want just debate with me..okay.....

Just grown up boss, dont come to conclusion just like that.....

Finally, first read and post okay....dont hurt the sentiments....

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by newuser View Post
I fail to understand what were the leaders from Telangana were doing all these years when they felt that there region was neglected. Why didn't they raise the voice in the assembly?

How can the leaders from other regions are responsible for the backwardness in the region. Except a few pockets in Telangana and Hyd, most of the region is governed by the leaders from Telangana.

As someone mentioned that T genereated 40% of the revenue, but gets back only 28% - What's the source. If HYD revenue is subtracted, I think the revenue would fall below 15%.
why cant you talk about other things, instead of talking about hyderabad, you know where hyderabad was before united andhra? just read it....if you think that the leaders are good, it's just in dream only......all politicians are selfish only....

if you see the history all the movements are from the students and poor farmers...okay....

Old 12-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hindu_king will become famous soon enough hindu_king will become famous soon enough
Default Please dont waste your time

All - Reality is that Telangana will never be able to become a separate state. Center made the hasty statement only to pacify KCR and they have also stated that a bill will not be introduced in the parliament without a resolution approved by AP assembly. A resolution can never be approved in AP assembly because majority of MLAs and MLCs in AP oppose seperation. Whether you like it or not, Telangana will never become a seperate state so please dont waste your time fighting.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ita View Post
I really have this genuine question.why does Loka Satta's JP promote religious based reservation?
Though there is no official proof he does indulge in caste based partnerships with him and Ramoi Rao being from same caste.

Any one who works based on caste,religious based reservations is not convincing no matter how high they talk.DOn't you think?

Like Ivgc has mentiones it's better for the like minded NRI's to get together and do something ourselves than trusting folks like JP's to avoid disappointment down the line.
You know what, initially I was thinking that JP is a good person in the politics, but not correct, we came to know only when you joined and started working with him, yes, one my close relative is working with Lok Satta, still he is in the same party.....JP promotes most of the times their caste people.

He is also just like other politicians, who has good knowledge......down the line every body knows about him.....

What I have posted based on my exp. only....

Old 12-15-2009, 12:40 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2011
Compare
prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future
Default Exactly my point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatandhra View Post
Development of any place depends upon leaders not by states.
But, before KCR started the TRS, irrigation projects of Telangana were not at all on the radar.
YSR started throwing lot of money at Telangana projects in the last few years, may be to keep the KCR down, but the development started only after the KCR started the separate Telangana movement. KCR may be a corrupt politician. But, He is helping Telangana in his own way.

In India, you get money and big projects only if you make lot of noice.

Don't you remember "Vishaka ukku Andhruka hakku" movement?

In a country like India, where the leaders are always busy promoting their families and their son's (who was Jagan 5 years back?), May be the crooks like KCR are only choice for the Telangana's people.
I140 approved Dec-2008
I485 Not filed under EB-3 - Waiting for the Priority date...
Started a new EB2 with a different company
LC approved april-2011
I140 filed May-2011
I485 filed Jun/Jul - 2011
I485 Approved - Oct-2011

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindu_king View Post
All - Reality is that Telangana will never be able to become a separate state. Center made the hasty statement only to pacify KCR and they have also stated that a bill will not be introduced in the parliament without a resolution approved by AP assembly. A resolution can never be approved in AP assembly because majority of MLAs and MLCs in AP oppose seperation. Whether you like it or not, Telangana will never become a seperate state so please dont waste your time fighting.
Resolution is not required in order to form a state, only a consultation is required to a state assembly as per article no 3. Look at the history when Bihar state was divided....

Good to see your confidence on it even after govt of india made a clear statement.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanthg View Post
But, before KCR started the TRS, irrigation projects of Telangana were not at all on the radar.
YSR started throwing lot of money at Telangana projects in the last few years, may be to keep the KCR down, but the development started only after the KCR started the separate Telangana movement. KCR may be a corrupt politician. But, He is helping Telangana in his own way.

In India, you get money and big projects only if you make lot of noice.

Don't you remember "Vishaka ukku Andhruka hakku" movement?

In a country like India, where the leaders are always busy promoting their families and their son's (who was Jagan 5 years back?), May be the crooks like KCR are only choice for the Telangana's people.
I agree, but the fact is even after YSR started couple of projects in telangana to avoid seperate state sentiments from the public, the water ratio still 1 to 2.7 after completion of all these projects.

I request every one (keep telling in all the posts, but seems to be not caring to know the things and on top of that posting things of their own interests here) who ever wants to comment, just read the atricles and then comment....

One more thing when we dicided to seperate, what is your problem, no body dont understand? why cant these people didnt started movement in 1969 for united andhra when telengana people fighted for seperate state?

Old 12-15-2009, 01:10 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2011
Compare
prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future
Default Yes, we should not fight, but keep the discource going...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindu_king View Post
Telangana may or may not materialize, but the people are aware of the backward ness of the regoin now. They know that the Andhara and Rayala seema power politics deprived them of their rights (water, jobs and genaral development funds). They will ask for their share of funds now.

And yes, we should not fight. But, at the same time we should continue the discource so that when Telangana people say that their irrigation projects need money and water allocation, the other side should not cry foul. When they say, they need power for lift irrigation projects, already well irrigated Andhra should not ask for the same share of power, because there won't be enough. And also Telangana gave up land for Srisailam and NagarjunaSagar projects, so when they ask bigger share of power to help the lift irrigation projects, the other side should not cry foul. When Telangana asks already well irrigated Andhra to sacrifise one out of three crops, under Krishna, they should not start roiting.

There are lot of issues like this (jobs, education and development fund etc)that need to be addressed.

And yes, we should not fight. But, how can Telangana get their fair share of water with out fighting. Go try to ask the farmers who cultivate two/three crops a year to sacrifise a little bit for the underprivilaged and let us know if you come back in one peice.
I140 approved Dec-2008
I485 Not filed under EB-3 - Waiting for the Priority date...
Started a new EB2 with a different company
LC approved april-2011
I140 filed May-2011
I485 filed Jun/Jul - 2011
I485 Approved - Oct-2011

Last edited by prashanthg; 12-15-2009 at 01:41 PM.

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hindu_king will become famous soon enough hindu_king will become famous soon enough
Default Resolution is a requirement by Congress not constitution

Quote:
Originally Posted by letstalklc View Post
Resolution is not required in order to form a state, only a consultation is required to a state assembly as per article no 3. Look at the history when Bihar state was divided....

Good to see your confidence on it even after govt of india made a clear statement.
True - Resolution is not required per constitution. But Congress is saying that they will NOT introduce a bill without a resolution from AP. Constitutionally it's not required but Congress is requiring it as a procedural step in order to place a hurdle (or prevent) for T state formation. Govt of India did not make a clear statement. They gave a misleading statement to pacify KCR.

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.