Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > News articles and reports
Click to log in with Facebook
News articles and reports News articles, op-eds, reports on issues of immigration.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 01:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindu_king View Post
True - Resolution is not required per constitution. But Congress is saying that they will NOT introduce a bill without a resolution from AP. Constitutionally it's not required but Congress is requiring it as a procedural step in order to place a hurdle (or prevent) for T state formation. Govt of India did not make a clear statement. They gave a misleading statement to pacify KCR.
I agree with you, if you assume that govt india gave misleading statement, it's upto you, but in realty, the state will be formed sooner or later, only the time matters, we are waited for more than 50 years for this, we are okay to wait for another year or 2.

Congress will change their slogan on that in few days, may be 2-3 weeks time...yes, they have to....
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2011
Compare
prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future
Default Lot of rhetoric and no substance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_2006 View Post
The casual and arbitrary approach of the Union Government, short-term vote-bank politics of parties and shameless political duplicity have led to a wholly avoidable crisis over Telangana, says JAYAPRAKASH NARAYAN.

Suddenly, the State of Andhra Pradesh and the whole nation are in turmoil. The tranquil climate, so vital for economic prosperity at a time of tough global challenges and great opportunities, has been vitiated by the pursuit of vote-banks and the arousing of primordial loyalties.

Politicians playing with fire have now opened the Pandora's Box and have sown the seeds of discord in many pockets of India. A dangerous message has gone out: Elections, constitutional process, reasoned and healthy public discourse are not important; indulge in rabble-rousing, promote violence and obstruction, and the government will yield.

>>>> What? Rabble rousing?
All the political parties said they support separate Telangana when they were asking for votes. If the people come back and ask them to keep their word, you call that rabble rousing?

To understand the tumult in Andhra Pradesh now, one should imagine what would happen in Tamil Nadu if a new state of North Tamil Nadu, along with Chennai, is carved out; or the consternation in Karnataka if South Karnataka with Bengaluru is carved out as a separate State.

For the first time, a region with a large capital city wants to separate as a State. So far, every demand for a new State has been from far-flung areas away from the State capital. Hyderabad is not just another city. It is on par with Chennai and Bengaluru, and with 85 lakh people, accounts for over 25 per cent of the population of Telangana and 60 per cent of the economy of the region. Millions from all over the country and the various regions of AP have made it their home.

Every significant political, business or civil society leader has made Hyderabad home, and is emotionally attached to the city, even if the political base may be elsewhere. In such a situation, the all-too-casual approach to separate Statehood is calamitous.

Firm stand

The Indian nation is still in the making. Indira Gandhi was both powerful and, on occasion, autocratic. But even when her party had monopoly of power, she understood the fragility of the nation and worked hard to find a compromise on demands for Statehood.

Two major agitations for separate Statehood shook Andhra Pradesh — in Telangana in 1969, and in the Andhra region in 1973. Indira Gandhi had complete political sway over the whole State without any challenge, and yet she recognised and stated that if each group of districts, or sub-region, wants separate Statehood, eventually every district would become a State and the nation would be ungovernable. At that time, the population of Hyderabad was 10 lakh.

Once the Congress government in Delhi amended the Constitution (32nd Amendment), inserted Article 371-D, and hammered out a six-point formula to protect the interests of Telangana, there was peace and quiet for over 30 years. Hyderabad grew very rapidly and became a major economic hub. And now, again, the casual and arbitrary approach of the union government, short-term vote bank politics of parties and shameless political duplicity have led to a wholly avoidable crisis, that has further undermined the eroding legitimacy of politics and parties.

>>>> Did you know if these so called six-points were implemented? What happened to GO 36 of 1969? And then what will happen to GO 610?

Losing resources

There are serious economic issues to be examined on the issue of carving out a separate State in Andhra Pradesh. First, the capital city is a serious bone of contention, and once people and investors lose faith in the future, it will decline rapidly.

>>>> Really ? Have you seen any city declining in India in the last 50 years? Slow down – may be, but, decline, not a chance.

This will hurt both Andhra Pradesh and India, because large cities are now important clusters of growth, and if a Mumbai or Delhi faces economic hardship, the whole nation will be impacted by the fallout.

Second, parts of the coastal region are agriculturally well-developed and have resources and surpluses. For instance, the coastal region generates surplus revenues in the power sector, and is subsidising power for farmers in Telangana and Rayalaseema. A separate State will be burdened by an unviable power sector.

>>>> Telangana region has huge surplus power (I heard close to 1000 MW) due to Srisailam, Nagarjuna sagar and thermal power stations that are based on Singareni coal (KTPS and telangana’s share of NTPC power stations etc).
Telangana is currently subsidizing the other regions when it comes to power even when you exclude the coal supplied to VTPS and Cuddapah thermal power sations.
As to the current scenario, Why the hell did they even build the cuddapah power station? It runs only at 60% plant load factor in summar due to lack of water (and the coal is shipped from Singareni all the way to the south).
Why din’t they build super power stations like VTPS around kothagudem (like NTPC) near coal, water and high tension electric grids? Why are they expanding VTPS instead of Ramagundam and Kothagudem power stations?

The generous answer is diversification in locations. The real answer would be because they could (atleast in case of Cuddapah).

Costal regions are always engines of growth all over the world. Telangana is land-locked, and losing the costal region would retard growth and opportunities. Again, this is the first time a land-locked region is seeking to separate from the coastal belt. When passions subside, the pain and deprivation will be felt.
>>>> I understand the advantage the coastal regions have over land locked places. But, Can you give one current example of Telangana gaining anything from this coastal belt economically?

Water resources are always a bone of contention in a monsoon-fed country. Even in a relatively well-managed city of Mumbai, enjoying abundant rainfall on the West coast, water riots took a life recently. In a water-starved region, river water disputes will escalate, and sharing of Krishna and Godavari waters will be a nightmare.

>>>> I agree that the whole Telangana movement is based on Water and jobs. If you look at the catchment area calculations for Krishna and godavari, 60-80% catchment area is in Telangana and 20-40 is in Andhra. But, most of the irrigation water goes to Andhra area.
If you allocate the water based on catchment area, Telangana will get 2-3 times what it gets now as a part of AP.

In the K-G basin off the Andhra coast, abundant natural gas reserves have recently been found, and are being tapped. Already, there is the challenge of sharing natural resources between the home State and the rest of India, and now Telangana will be further depleted.

>>>> Really I do not see any major gas intensive industry coming up Telangana region based on KG delta gas. They might come up along the major pipe lines that RIL is planning/building. That fact will not change with the saparate Telangana.
Large, unviable lift irrigation projects — at a capital cost of Rs 3-4 lakh per acre and Rs 40,000 per year per acre maintenance cost — have been unwisely proposed in Telangana. They will be a permanent drain on the economy of the region, undermining it without ensuring benefits.
>>>> I don’t know where those numbers are coming from. May be they are true, But, what about the non-lift irrigation projects? Is Telangana ever going to get the water it deserves as part of united AP?

Politics of inclusion

Poverty, backwardness, corruption, lack of opportunity and unemployment are endemic to many of the country's States and sub-regions. These are caused by failed policies, misgovernance and the politics of plunder, leading to kleptocracy.

Large parts of Telangana and Rayalaseema, most of north coastal Andhra Pradesh, upland areas of delta districts, and many families suffering discrimination by birth in every village — all of them are victims of terrible misgovernance and political failure.

The perpetuation of poverty and under-development is largely the result of the plunder of local politicians and bureaucrats. A change of the State's name or boundaries or capital will not alter anything.

The need of the hour is to accelerate growth and promote equity and opportunities. What every sub-region of Andhra Pradesh, indeed every part of India, needs is empowerment of people, district governments and third-tier of federalism to help people fulfil their potential.
>>>> bunch or rhetoric and no substance again. - In a centrally planned and governed country like ours, the money flows from finance minister's briefcase on the budget day.
I don't see that way of governing changing any time soon. farmers don't pay any taxes - atleast at the village level, so the villages don't have any considerable resources to make any change.

We cannot use 19th century notions of divisive politics in a 21th century world.

Source: Hindu Business Line
Lot of rhetoric and no substance.
I140 approved Dec-2008
I485 Not filed under EB-3 - Waiting for the Priority date...
Started a new EB2 with a different company
LC approved april-2011
I140 filed May-2011
I485 filed Jun/Jul - 2011
I485 Approved - Oct-2011

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
freedom_fighter is just really nice freedom_fighter is just really nice freedom_fighter is just really nice freedom_fighter is just really nice freedom_fighter is just really nice
Thumbs down why do even have a post like this on an immigration site

I dont know, this news is prob imp for ppl from AP and does not have anything to do with living/work in the US. There are enough blogs on timesofindia etc. for you to vent.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future

You know you are not doing something that you are asking everyone to do. You please read my initial posts.

You keep saying you don't care about KCR knowing full well that if Telangana happens it will be KCR in power.
You keep saying Telangana was a demand for last 50 years but are ignoring the fact that Telangana was demand by the same corrupt Telangana politicians who see Telanagana as a new cookie jar.But you don't seem to care about it.

All of your posts are about accusing others for past , no plan for future but just about split.What after split? You seem to think even if Telangana gets destroyed it doesn't matter but it's better to split since nothing happened in the last 50 years when it is not correct at all that no progress happened in Telangana for last 50 years.
You are also filled with so much rage against Andhra people that since 'sonia_sd' said something in her/his post to another poster you were calling 'you peopel are all like that' meaning Andhra people? You didn't read 'Sonia_sd' poster where he/she said sorry to the original poster?
Same with 'sreeni_k's post where he/she said that his/her parents are from Andhra but he/she is Tealangana as he/she was born in Telanagana you misread that he/she is saying that he/she is Andhraite?
Now you keep thinking that since you are interested in Telangana state 30 million people also are interested in separate state.
You are not reading posts properly.You are twisting things said right here on the forum.
Have no point to support your arguments except accusing Andhra people,Andhra politicians,and that Telanagana is a demand of last 50 years so there should be a split.
You have asked for one reason why there should be no split I gave many valid reasons in my early posts.Other posters have given many more valid reasons.Please calm down and read them. We have also accused politiicans but we have valid point/concerns to support our argument.It's easy to distort things.You can do to my posts too.Or you can calm down and try to understand things.
Choice is yours.I'm hoping you have not vested interest in split.

You can bring any number documents, books written by others .Important thing is adding life to the documents with your own intelligence,experiences and extending it to see if it is applicable to 30 million people, to last 50 years. DId you even do that. I did it.

Now your famous example about house,brothers,split.
It is not correct if one brother decides to split other brothers don't have choice.When other brothers are concerned about the future well being of the brother they can and they will stop the split.Of course to understand this we need to know the true meaning of love,responsibility, respect.Don't accuse that Andhra people don't care,love Telangana people.

Andhra politicinas may be corrupt but Andhra people are not corrupt about their intention of Unitesd state.

Separate state was a cl amour in many elections.People were quiet out of the hope that it won't get to that point not because you and that other poster' Prashantg' have said in a twisted way that they think Telangana people are fools and nothing will happen.Just like Mumbai attacks happened and there is possibility that it may happen again but all of us are quiet out of the hope that it won't happen again not because we are fools.

If you have not valid point than accusing,distorting,deluding I rest my discussion with you.Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letstalklc View Post
I
One more thing when we dicided to seperate, what is your problem, no body dont understand? why cant these people didnt started movement in 1969 for united andhra when telengana people fighted for seperate state?
You are deluding yourself.I'm from Telangana and I don't wnat split and there many,amny who don't want split.

Also bout JP.thanks for sharing the info though I already know about it.Read my earlier post about JP.I was posing this said question to which you replied to the particular poster who was promoting LokaSatta hoping to learn something that I missed.

Quote:
I agree, but the fact is even after YSR started couple of projects in telangana to avoid seperate state sentiments from the public, the water ratio still 1 to 2.7 after completion of all these projects.

I request every one (keep telling in all the posts, but seems to be not caring to know the things and on top of that posting things of their own interests here) who ever wants to comment, just read the atricles and then comment....

One more thing when we dicided to seperate, what is your problem, no body dont understand? why cant these people didnt started movement in 1969 for united andhra when telengana people fighted for seperate state?

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/21/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kaarmaa has a reputation beyond repute kaarmaa has a reputation beyond repute kaarmaa has a reputation beyond repute kaarmaa has a reputation beyond repute kaarmaa has a reputation beyond repute kaarmaa has a reputation beyond repute kaarmaa has a reputation beyond repute kaarmaa has a reputation beyond repute kaarmaa has a reputation beyond repute kaarmaa has a reputation beyond repute kaarmaa has a reputation beyond repute

What is all this have to do with "Immigration"?

I'm sure I typed IMMIGRATIONVoice in the URL

Old 12-15-2009, 02:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future

Firts it was 'Andhra people think Telanagana people are fools',ANdhra poltiicians are corrupt .Now when someone shows development done by Andhra politicians then it is the credit of KCR.SO you have gone down to that level to support your point.So you will do anything to support your split stance but refuse to see the other side of argument?
With this attitude you want to decide fate of 30 million people.?
You know they say in Telugu 'Anumanam unna chota Narayanakuda butula vinipistundi'?
Makes sense?.
Carrot-Stick approach may be good but for that you don't have to split the state, with that only KCR will become millionaire and story will turn to golden goose story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanthg View Post
But, before KCR started the TRS, irrigation projects of Telangana were not at all on the radar.
YSR started throwing lot of money at Telangana projects in the last few years, may be to keep the KCR down, but the development started only after the KCR started the separate Telangana movement. KCR may be a corrupt politician. But, He is helping Telangana in his own way.

In India, you get money and big projects only if you make lot of noice.

Don't you remember "Vishaka ukku Andhruka hakku" movement?

In a country like India, where the leaders are always busy promoting their families and their son's (who was Jagan 5 years back?), May be the crooks like KCR are only choice for the Telangana's people.

Last edited by ita; 12-15-2009 at 02:23 PM.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare

When you are so sure like you keep saying 'We have decided to split' then why depend on Congress changing the stance?Why not go for referendum as supported by constitution where people can decide what they want.Don't you think that's how this situation should be dealt?

Quote:
Congress will change their slogan on that in few days, may be 2-3 weeks time...yes, they have to....
What's cooking.Any inside informatio?Because as per what is going on not just Andhra politicians,Andhra people ,even National opposition,Neighbouring state ruling parties,opposition have condemned Centre's hasty decision.

By the way check this out: even TRS says they will wait till 2014.SO it may not be 2-3 weeks.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...ow/5338210.cms

Quote:
I agree with you, if you assume that govt india gave misleading statement, it's upto you, but in realty, the state will be formed sooner or later, only the time matters, we are waited for more than 50 years for this, we are okay to wait for another year or 2.

Last edited by ita; 12-15-2009 at 02:20 PM.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:50 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2011
Compare
prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future prashanthg has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ita View Post
Firts it was 'Andhra people think Telanagana people are fools',ANdhra poltiicians are corrupt .Now when someone shows development done by Andhra politicians then it is the credit of KCR.SO you have gone down to that level to support your point.So you will do anything to support your split stance but refuse to see the other side of argument?
With this attitude you want to decide fate of 30 million people.?
You know they say in Telugu 'Anumanam unna chota Narayanakuda butula vinipistundi'?
Makes sense?.
Carrot-Stick approach may be good but for that you don't have to split the state, with that only KCR will become millionaire and story will turn to golden goose story.
I am trying to understand your point of view.
I also will not care if we get the Telangana or not. All I care about is the development of Telangana.

But, for me to take that line, You have to come up with concrete and sustained way of developing the backward regions.
All you suggest is bunch of hot air. You say we need to have brotherly love. Yes. We should. Half of my close friends are from andhra or moved to Hyd from Andhra. I am not going to lose their friendship over telangana.

But, my love towards my friends does not mean any thing for the poor formers in Telangana.

The problem is Telangana contributes a lot in terms of water, power and minarals to unified andhra, but, does not get its share back in development, education or jobs.

As I posted earlier, will you go to the farmers who plant 2/3 crops a year unders Krishna to sacrifise one crop for under privileged brothers? Do you think the andhra farmers will not start roiting if you ask for even a small sacrifise?
Did you know what happened in 1969 when Telangana was promised a few things to be part of greater AP? Did you hear about the Andhra movement of 1970's? None of the promises made in 1969/70 were kept. The problem is not love buddy. The problem is trust.

How can you develop Telangana in a sustained way and not by the whims of leaders like YSR? Please come up with a solution to the problem and not a bunch of hot air about corrupt leaders and brotherly love.
I140 approved Dec-2008
LC approved april-2011
I140 filed May-2011
I485 Approved - Oct-2011

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of

Quote:
When you are so sure like you keep saying 'We have decided to split' then why depend on Congress changing the stance?Why not go for referendum as supported by constitution where people can decide what they want.Don't you think that's how this situation should be dealt?

What's cooking.Any inside informatio?Because as per what is going on not just Andhra politicians,Andhra people ,even National opposition,Neighbouring state ruling parties,opposition have condemned Centre's hasty decision.

By the way check this out: even TRS says they will wait till 2014.SO it may not be 2-3 weeks.
TRS ready to wait till 2014 for Telangana - India - The Times of India
I know it will take Around 2 years to form a seperate state, I said in 2-3 weeks congress will come up with a final thing whatever it may be....

Good luck with your opinion...

I came to know that it's waste of time...hope you know what it is......

Old 12-15-2009, 03:12 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2011
Compare
Default ita, don't you see the irony in your arguments?

Quote:

TRS ready to wait till 2014 for Telangana - India - The Times of India
Don't you see the irony and repeat of the Telangana history here.

When Telangana people get angry, they will be promised "things" to subdue their anger and then every one tries to wiggle out of the promises under the pressure from other regions.
(look at 1969 and 1985 (GO610) etc.)

What was your plan for the development of the Telangana again?
I140 approved Dec-2008
LC approved april-2011
I140 filed May-2011
I485 Approved - Oct-2011

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:

When Telangana people get angry, they will be promised "things" to subdue their anger and then every one tries to wiggle out of the promises under the pressure from other regions.

prashanthg - These folks doesnt understand any thing, simply they wanted argue, If any body wanted to take offline I am ready....

Just ignore them.....

Hope to see the best on Telangana....

Old 12-15-2009, 09:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare

Corrupt leaders,brotherly love was in response to something else altogether.If you chose to read only that(so you can call it hot air?) and some how assume that's my solution for Telanagan dev then whose problem is it?

Quote:
Did you know what happened in 1969 when Telangana was promised a few things to be part of greater AP?
What happened is that Channa reddy like KCR became jobless and was fooling Telangana people.When his election got disqualified by S.C he started leading Telangana agitation.When poor Telanaga people voted for him he merged with Indira Gandhi the moment he was offered C.M position.SO we had Channa Reddy serving as C.M what did he do.He became rich man.

Proposed Solutions:

I've covered all these in my initial posts on this thread.But again,there are many solutions to the situation.Since 50 years neither Andhra nor Telanagana leaders were applying these soulutions neither to telanagana nor to some areas in ANdhra.

Also it doesn't mean there was no development in Telangana at all.If some areas didn't see as much development as they should see one area saw more development than it should see (which was one of the reasons why TDP lost in 2004.ALl over Andhra people were saying A.P is not Hyd and TDP is just focussed on HYd)

All these people that are pitching for separate Telangana shouldn't disappear even if Telangana doesn't happen only to reappear after 50 years when some corrupt jobless politician starts Telanaga agitation again.
It is the crying baby that gets milk.With the jolt that the leaders received with this current movement there will be added attention for people fighting for Telangana prosperity.

No where in the agenda of these Telangana leaders that want split do we see anything about what they did or tried to do and how it was blocked by other region selfish leaders.

Next thing there should be support for good politicians.Since it is very hard to do find them, Telangana educated folk should form organizations to push the leaders and the region forward.(DOn't think everything in Andhra prospered because of politicians.DO you know the story behind Andhra university success.Way back Andhra students were treated very badly in BHU due North/South factor(This is fact which happened long back, may have no applicability now so don't start North/South fight and I'm not blaming anyone here.) by fellow students.They decided they will not go to BHU but work towards bringing AU to the par of BHU.Almost all the doctors,engineers that came to U.S in 60's.70's from India were Telugu people and most of them were AU folks)

If the above options are difficult then we should use Telangana issue as carrot-stick model to get some progress.

People, Organizations should push for some constitutional changes which is even more concrete way to assure dev.

When it is call for separate state people give funds to KCR,post online on forums but when it is call for development with no split same people remember they are NRI's,they have their life to deal with and what not.
What I'm proposing is construction which is constant work and also may be hard work.Apparently KCR told NRIs that if split happens automatically schools and temples will come to collect funds from them.Educated people giving in for such deceit is so unbelievable.

Split is about destruction,one time effort and luck being (un)favorable some poor person will suffer not the one that is pitching for split.

Also the major concerns of the agitation 50 years back were discrimination in job promotions and lack of education institutions.It's not like Telangana was ditched altogether.In mid 70's under Indira Gandhi educational institutions were expanded in Telangana(complaints were still there),Hyd was chosen for industrial development movement.SO we saw Balanagar area with so many companies which brought employment to many Telangana people.Telangana region to the most part is dry region and is on elevation.So instead of promoting agriculture which is difficult if not impossible they wanted to use the area for industrial development.

Even in the case of Nagarjuna sagar dam when the water(by nature it flows easily from elevation to low lying regions) was being given to Andhra, left canal was set to deliver water to Telanaga region by using machinery that draws water out under 'etti potala pathakam' scheme.There will be many complaints still but it's not bleak picture like non was not doing anyhting for Telanaga.

Today all prominent education institutions and universities such as the upcoming IIT, NIT, BITS, ISB, IIIT, Central University and several Central Govt. research organizations have been setup in and around Hyderabad.

There will always be many complaints.But you want to use those complaints,split the state and further the agenda of another jobless politician making him and his family rich or if you want explore and see if you can make difference to the life of people is your choice.

Trust:

SO you are saying that Telangana people were believing leaders for last 50 years and now there trust is gone right?
Who did they trust Telangan leaders or Andhra leaders?
It's not like Andhra leaders were coming to our area to contest rite?Even if they did our people had full choice to reject them and vote for our local person rite?(which of course they did) Now when they have sent local Telangana leader to assembly and parliament what did those leaders do in past 50 years? So who let our trust down?
You are talking about some water problem when that was happening where were the Telangana leaders?OK People themselves can't achieve much.
But we are talking about 10 districts,approximate 30 million people.There are elections rite?So what were the representatives doing when Andhra leaders were taking care of their areas as you are trying to say?Taking bribes from Andhra leaders or in slumber only to wake once in a while for spearate Telanagan issue.
If Telangan leaders were not doing anything for 5o years how will they do anything for the region in case of split.
We are just using Andhra leaders here for our convenience throwing all the blame on them.Our leaders let us down.Split/no split they will let us down going forward too.

Quote:
I am trying to understand your point of view.
I also will not care if we get the Telangana or not. All I care about is the development of Telangana.

But, for me to take that line, You have to come up with concrete and sustained way of developing the backward regions.
All you suggest is bunch of hot air. You say we need to have brotherly love. Yes. We should. Half of my close friends are from andhra or moved to Hyd from Andhra. I am not going to lose their friendship over telangana.

But, my love towards my friends does not mean any thing for the poor formers in Telangana.

The problem is Telangana contributes a lot in terms of water, power and minarals to unified andhra, but, does not get its share back in development, education or jobs.

As I posted earlier, will you go to the farmers who plant 2/3 crops a year unders Krishna to sacrifise one crop for under privileged brothers? Do you think the andhra farmers will not start roiting if you ask for even a small sacrifise?
Did you know what happened in 1969 when Telangana was promised a few things to be part of greater AP? Did you hear about the Andhra movement of 1970's? None of the promises made in 1969/70 were kept. The problem is not love buddy. The problem is trust.

How can you develop Telangana in a sustained way and not by the whims of leaders like YSR? Please come up with a solution to the problem and not a bunch of hot air about corrupt leaders and brotherly love.

Last edited by ita; 12-15-2009 at 09:16 PM.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare

One important irony that I see is that 40 years back leaders that were leading the agitation were jobless politicians.40 years later leaders that are leading the agitation are jobless politicians.Only now one of the main reason they are citing for separate state is that it is a demand from 50 years.

What happened is that Channa reddy like KCR became jobless and was fooling Telangana people.When his election got disqualified by S.C he started TPS party and started leading Telangana agitation.When poor Telanaga people voted for him he merged with Indira Gandhi the moment he was offered C.M position.SO we had Channa Reddy serving as C.M what did he do?He became rich man.

What happened now is TDP denied KCR some plum post so he went and set up TRS and is trying to split state.

Another Irony:

Andhra people have developed another city which is now a metropolitan city but during
separation of Andhra from Tamilnadu they lost that city due to political conspiracy.
Now these people have developed Hyd and are on the verge of getting robbed of the city too.No one can deny the contribution of Andhra people,politicians corrupt/non corrupt,businessmen to Hyd.So poor Andhra people they made major contribution (I'm not saying all the contribution) to put two important cities in the world map and those
cities were robbed from them legally.Is that not irony,trust issue.Only you don't see them constantly complaining

Quote:

Old 12-15-2009, 11:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greatandhra has a spectacular aura about greatandhra has a spectacular aura about
Default letstalklc

Quote:
Same way we want to stay united. 2009 is different from 1969. It's been almost 40 years generations are changed. So they want to stay united rather than divided.

From 1969 to 2001 why no body agitated about separate state? Don't tell like we keep asking about it all these time.

After telangana state is formed if some body else from telangana demanded separate south or north telangana for the same region would you agree for it.

You can see it right now districts around hyd are well developed when compare to other remote districts.

Always you can find unhappy people, you can not satisfy all people.

Problem with supporters for telangana is they don't want to see how much it progressed during last 10 years and they don't want to see the undeveloped or backward places in coastal and seema districts.
They keep talking about 1969 reports or reports created by people who support separate state.

In democracy things should be decided with majority. Majority of people are opposing separate state, majority of MLA's and MP's are also opposing it.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
n_2006 has much to be proud of n_2006 has much to be proud of n_2006 has much to be proud of n_2006 has much to be proud of n_2006 has much to be proud of n_2006 has much to be proud of n_2006 has much to be proud of n_2006 has much to be proud of
Default Divide and rule

Source: Divide and rule

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.