Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > News articles and reports
Click to log in with Facebook
News articles and reports News articles, op-eds, reports on issues of immigration.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 08:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future

Like I noted earlier these couple of Id's supporting split are not putting any argument further.They are deliberately ignoring the 50 years of failure,selfishness of T leaders ,ignoring the development done in Telanagana and are accusing Andhra leaders. So it's moot point when they can't bring something constructive to table.

Apparently new business is booming in Hyd now. Local goondas are taking huge sums of money from Andhra business men upfront to protect them from goons fighting for Telanaga cause. It is so pathetic that these fools are going on a rampage with Andhra people,their properties.Govt is not doing anything to deal with law and order problem.So some local goondas are seeing business in the entire deal.

Even if split happens another 30 years will be spent by Telanagan politicians and their supporters (forum, non forum) complaining how Andhra leaders made a mess of Telanagana.They will be filling the average man's stomach with anger/hate and their own bank accounts with money.After 30 years when average man realizes what's happening situation will be like what it is in a neighboring country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravInd View Post
Same parties which supported TSR are now opposing seperation. Now what you say about it? More over, when people vote they vote based on local problems. So, seperating telangana for a poor person is a non-issue. So, peoples vote in all parts of the state not necassarily represent approval or dissapproval seperate telanagana. KCR lost every thing, in pursuit of his political interest, and fasting is a final ditch attempt, face saving act, to which center blinked. Now with centers resolution many people getting enthusiastic about seperate telangana. Especially those congress members of Telangana as they know that they get better positions (like beast smelling blood) .

We, as educated people, should understand the problem in comprehensive manner and should not fall for these dirty politics. Many parts of the state are underdeveloped. Many parts do not even have drinking water. So, next time if u vote make sure that u are voting for a right one. Remember that same people who represented telangana all these year are going to represent if seperate telangana. So, problems are not going to go away with seperation.

Last edited by ita; 12-16-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-2009, 08:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future

Telanaga was not able to deal with what is called Razakar movement on their own which was Hyd muslims versus Telangana Hindus.There are so many stories about what Telanaga people lost in the riots.

Also after Independence Nizam Nawab wanted to give Hyd to Pakistan.His argument was when Kashmir filled with muslims was given to India just because the Kashmir king was Hindu why should he the Nawab of Hyd being a Muslim give Hyd to India even if the area was filled Hindus. Sardar patel didn't give him any option(Thanks to Patel.Also thanks to Nehru that he was on foreign tour at that time else like in POK case he might have turned to UN.)They feel Hyd was usurped from them.It still rankles them though they lie low.

I agree with you on Hyd hype . But for corrupt Telangana politicians it is golden goose.They won't let Hyd be as it is now.They simply have no capacity based on their past performances . Given the current situation I'm happy Hyd is not B'lore.We don't want investors to run away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocomment View Post
Why do you think telangana people are incapable of running hyderabad. Seriously guys Hyderabad is not worth the hype, it is not the best city in the country. people who lived in different parts of the country know what I am talking about.

In terms of IT it still has to come a long way. Chennai, B'lore , Pune, Bombay are way ahead of Hyderabad. For some reason Hyderabad gets more media attention

I hope you were kidding about merging hyd into pakistan.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2007
Compare
nocomment is infamous around these parts
Default We all were like that

Every indian had the same past, when we got our independence. We were under brutal british raj for centuries. That did not make us less competent, we grew stronger and stronger.

In 1947 our literacy was 12%. Imagine what the entire world would have thought about india and its future. I know you are targetting telangana politicians but your are hurting people's sentiments, Please do not say anyone is incapable of something. Would you say that to your kid if he is not as good as others?

I recently learned that P.V narsimha rao is from telangana. he was very successful and intelligent PM from south india let alone telangana. I give a damn about charges on him.

What is the solution if both regions have hatred for each other. What if telangana MLA's start resigning where will AP go? President's rule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ita View Post
Telanaga was not able to deal with what is called Razakar movement on their own which was Hyd muslims versus Telangana Hindus.There are so many stories about what Telanaga people lost in the riots.

Also after Independence Nizam Nawab wanted to give Hyd to Pakistan.His argument was when Kashmir filled with muslims was given to India just because the Kashmir king was Hindu why should he the Nawab of Hyd being a Muslim give Hyd to India even if the area was filled Hindus. Sardar patel didn't give him any option(Thanks to Patel.Also thanks to Nehru that he was on foreign tour at that time else like in POK case he might have turned to UN.)They feel Hyd was usurped from them.It still rankles them though they lie low.

I agree with you on Hyd hype . But for corrupt Telangana politicians it is golden goose.They won't let Hyd be as it is now.They simply have no capacity based on their past performances . Given the current situation I'm happy Hyd is not B'lore.We don't want investors to run away.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sreeni.k is infamous around these parts sreeni.k is infamous around these parts sreeni.k is infamous around these parts

Exactly the point
PV Narsimha rao is a really capable man- and untill now only one guy from AP became PM of india and that too becz of the strength of 42MP's- and he is from telangana.
But what did he do for non-hyd telangana ? when a PM cant get stuff done then who can?
I actually support formation of telangana - however they should acknowledge the part played by entire AP bringing hyd to this level and accomdate the concerns of divided state. Additionally they should ban KCR and coterie of holding any office. There is that professor who was involved in this agitation correct- make him CM.

I can give u one example of hyd and how wealth redistributed in the state- some people from andhra paid 2 crores for 1 acre land in nacharam owned by my neighbour. He used to work in shaw wallace factory as a daily labor. This was 3 year back story and i thought oopsy all this education i should have bought a real estate lottery in hyd- now becz of all this problems i bet the property came down by 1 crore even that may be if they have buyers. Its not as if the guys who bought land is supper rich or something- there are many i know who sold their farm land in coastal areas and bought up land mostly owned by locals in hyd/ RR district making locals rich and also exploring new oppurtunities for themselves. Its not a crime to do that- now all of them are living in fear losing all their stuff because of this ruckus as there are no more buyers.
Its not like we should completely ignore the fact of the sentiment but it should be done in a logical way, agreeing with opposite party concerns as we are talking about not only self respect of telangana people but also literally lifes of several million families who has been your brotherhood.
Empathy is the word you need to learn and practice- not maa thahalu gadhi sesuru nenu kuda andukey sestha..illogical and narrow minded.

Quote:
Every indian had the same past, when we got our independence. We were under brutal british raj for centuries. That did not make us less competent, we grew stronger and stronger.

In 1947 our literacy was 12%. Imagine what the entire world would have thought about india and its future. I know you are targetting telangana politicians but your are hurting people's sentiments, Please do not say anyone is incapable of something. Would you say that to your kid if he is not as good as others?

I recently learned that P.V narsimha rao is from telangana. he was very successful and intelligent PM from south india let alone telangana. I give a damn about charges on him.

What is the solution if both regions have hatred for each other. What if telangana MLA's start resigning where will AP go? President's rule?

Old 12-16-2009, 10:37 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/18/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute
Default Please stop the telungana discussion on this forum

With due respect to ll the people from Current Andhra Pradesh. I kindly request to stop discussing the Telungana issue in this forum.

I believe, We are here to be united for the immigration cause. not to fight with our own local / regional issues in India.

NO OFFENSE to any respected members of the forum.

Disclosure : I am a Non Interested person to Andhra / Telungana Issue.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare

I thought you were looking for a reason why Telanagana state may not be capable of handling any difficult situation if it arises in future and I just gave you an example what happened in the past. Going forward too Telanagana may not be able to handle if such crisis arise what with ISI trouble in Hyd,headless politicians. That's is why it is important for us to stay united.That's what I was trying to imply .I'm trying to safeguard Telangana sentiments.Posting to let people know that telanagana people have no anger/hatred in their minds.If you read posts only to try/catch any remote possibility of 'are they trying to hurt Telangana sentiments' then that's what you will see.Since what you understood was never implied it's needless to say rest for your post is irrelevant.
I'm least interested in hurting people's sentiments Telangana or not..

Quote:
What bases are you saying that people are hating each other? On the basis of couple of forum memebers,corrupt politicians, gundas. Is that what you would teach your kid? See few terrorists and think all the people in the world are terrorists,see few thieves and believe all the people in the world are thieves?

You personally may not be able to come up with amicable solution, that's totally fine but please don't attribute and add to the hatred/anger.

If you look back into my posts I've been saying there are many intelligent,educated,rich people in Telanagana and P.V is one of them.

Also you said you only studied in the region and your are from North. You obviously don't know much about the area and you are still learning.So why are you inclined towards split right from your first post in this thread.All your posts end with the implication that split if great solution.Why? (half knowledge?/?)

Quote:

Last edited by ita; 12-17-2009 at 12:50 AM.

Old 12-17-2009, 02:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
gveerab is a glorious beacon of light gveerab is a glorious beacon of light gveerab is a glorious beacon of light gveerab is a glorious beacon of light gveerab is a glorious beacon of light gveerab is a glorious beacon of light

Different sides can come up with different reasons... but one thing is sure. Central government anounced this decission without putting any thought process. Once if they give Telangana manty orther demands will come in future.
-- TRS in recent elections didn't win enough seats, i think they won around 3%.
-- In recent Hyderbad elections they didn't even contest.

There is no evidance that people really want the state at this point of time or it's not their first priority.

One guy who won MP seat with around 1000 votes majority with some other Party support, started fasting and joined in hospital to save his face.
Just because of this our great Sonia anounced the state. Even if somehow control this I ma not sure how they can control other demands. Unless if their agenda is to devide the country into 1000 pieces.

Cental govermnet should thing about the country and respect the peopel openion.

They should have conducted an election and based on that they should have decided. Separating the state is not that easy, they need consider so many things... .not like nominating some dummy candidate as CM.

I think unless tehy come up with some data on people openion... we should oppose their decission.

Old 12-17-2009, 03:57 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Chargeability
:
United States
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Compare
dontcareanymore is infamous around these parts dontcareanymore is infamous around these parts dontcareanymore is infamous around these parts dontcareanymore is infamous around these parts dontcareanymore is infamous around these parts dontcareanymore is infamous around these parts dontcareanymore is infamous around these parts dontcareanymore is infamous around these parts dontcareanymore is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Telangana was a demand from past 50 years technically but interestingly it was the demand of the same corrupt politicians who see Telangana as New Cookie Jar.
On the political front the politicians who are trying to keep it united may/may not be doing it for selfish reasons.If they are then for once people's wish,people's best interest coincides with their corrupt reason.
But the politicians that are trying to split are doing it DEFINITELY for their selfish reasons.Now will anything come out of it for common Telangana man is anybody's guess what with Maoist trouble,Naxalite,ISI terrorist (only olden days it was called Razakar ), lack of(forget about strong) but even good leadership.All these factors will deal a death blow to people and the region.In the end who will will be the one taking the brunt of it.MY Telugu people.

When the razakar movement happened interestingly all my Telangana people ran to Andhra.Now they are sabotaging the properties of the Andhra folks.Hope they will leave some goodwill as it may so happen that they will have to run to Andhra in few years from now if Telnagana happens.

As said by Omar Abdullah ,in early 90's Pakistani people in Kashmir sabotaged Hindus/properties,painted every wall.shop green, forced people to change their time to Pakistan time,used mosques to drive out Hindus etc . Where is Pakistan now?.( Failed state)
Now in Telangana ,goondas in the name of students sabotaged Andhra properties,Pasted everything that read ANdhra with Telangana,disrespected Potti Sreeramulu garu,used universities meant for education for what they are calling agitation etc Where will Telangana be in few years .Keep guessing Clues Maoism,Naxalites,Idiots in the name of Politiicians, ISI terrorists in HYd (read reports),etc.

Sad thing is except for 2 districts out 0f 10 in Telangaa none of the Telangana folks want to go separate.

United WE Stand.Divided We Fall.

Only you think your reason for split is mightier than others.Others would think their reason is mightier than yours.

This is bunch of bull crap. If these so called "united andhra" wishers don't have real estate ventures in Hyd, they would have been happy to part ways. Just imagine how much money Lagadapati is invested in real estates in Hyd and so are others who are shouting from rooftops.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:02 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Chargeability
:
United States
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Compare
dontcareanymore is infamous around these parts dontcareanymore is infamous around these parts dontcareanymore is infamous around these parts dontcareanymore is infamous around these parts dontcareanymore is infamous around these parts dontcareanymore is infamous around these parts dontcareanymore is infamous around these parts dontcareanymore is infamous around these parts dontcareanymore is infamous around these parts

I pity your stupidity. You are trying to make a case and yet you are trying to counter the facts with assertions ?? And still think you got a good argument ?

Quote:
You have some amazing list.But most of what you said if not all would fall under corruption bracket not in Telangana discrimination bracket(Just one eg: Btwn 2005-2008 it's not Telangana region but entire state and it's people on personal front,professional/business front ,religious front have suffered because of the politician that was ruling then.There was separate thread on him too.) but let's assume they are under Telanagana discrimination bracket for your sake.
I'll tell you something , Out of 10 districts only 2-3 distrcits in Telangana want to go separate.

Where do folks like you go all the time when there is no agitation ..Slumber?

There are 10 district in Telangana. If there are 40 million people in combined Andhra+Rayalseema there are 30 million people in Telangana alone.
I totally agree that there are not many schools and facilties in Telanagan.But it's not like Telangana doesn't have educated people,rich people, business people.How come in last 50 years not even one leader came out of these 30 miilion who did major good to the region? What is making you think that once split happens all those things that didn't happen in last 50 years will start happening now. I hope you are not thinking in the line of bringing ANdhra+Rayalseema down to Telangana's level in the name of Telangana's prosperity.

Spliiting the state will not somehow bring prosperity to the region
Having rice,wheat,lentils won't satiate hunger.You need a cook ,mind you a good one not one who would poison the food.Bad cook is better than one who would poison food though.

All the facts you mentioned are the jargon corrupt politicians are using to ensnare educated folks like you.I heard there some stupid NRI's who have been funding KCR.

Telangana has all those facts you mentioned. Split or no split you need able leadership to do any good to the region .Chances of any good happening to the region in event of split are very remote.

History satnds as an example. When India was split some of the most fertile lands were gone with Pakistan.Yet what is grown there now to major part ? Marijauna.SO we did harm not just to Pakisatn but also to the world.This is just one of many Pakistan's problems.

What we need is not split.We need able folks like you,like those NRI's that sponsored KCR, to constantly push the leaders to gain what we think we lost.This way our region and our people will be safe and will also have the chance to prosper.
But you know what I'm talking about is construction which is hard. What you are proposing is destruction( of course with illusion that it MAY bring construction) which is very easy.Construction is constant work.Destruction is one time work and comes with the fringe benefit of blaming others for our failures.

By the way also add Maoist problem,Naxalite problem,most headless corrupt politician problem to your list,weigh and see what you come up with.
United we stand .Divided we Fall.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:08 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Chargeability
:
United States
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Compare

I pity your stupidity. You are trying to make a case and yet you are trying to counter the facts with assertions ?? And still think you got a good argument ?

Quote:
You have some amazing list.But most of what you said if not all would fall under corruption bracket not in Telangana discrimination bracket(Just one eg: Btwn 2005-2008 it's not Telangana region but entire state and it's people on personal front,professional/business front ,religious front have suffered because of the politician that was ruling then.There was separate thread on him too.) but let's assume they are under Telanagana discrimination bracket for your sake.
I'll tell you something , Out of 10 districts only 2-3 distrcits in Telangana want to go separate.

Where do folks like you go all the time when there is no agitation ..Slumber?

There are 10 district in Telangana. If there are 40 million people in combined Andhra+Rayalseema there are 30 million people in Telangana alone.
I totally agree that there are not many schools and facilties in Telanagan.But it's not like Telangana doesn't have educated people,rich people, business people.How come in last 50 years not even one leader came out of these 30 miilion who did major good to the region? What is making you think that once split happens all those things that didn't happen in last 50 years will start happening now. I hope you are not thinking in the line of bringing ANdhra+Rayalseema down to Telangana's level in the name of Telangana's prosperity.

Spliiting the state will not somehow bring prosperity to the region
Having rice,wheat,lentils won't satiate hunger.You need a cook ,mind you a good one not one who would poison the food.Bad cook is better than one who would poison food though.

All the facts you mentioned are the jargon corrupt politicians are using to ensnare educated folks like you.I heard there some stupid NRI's who have been funding KCR.

Telangana has all those facts you mentioned. Split or no split you need able leadership to do any good to the region .Chances of any good happening to the region in event of split are very remote.

History satnds as an example. When India was split some of the most fertile lands were gone with Pakistan.Yet what is grown there now to major part ? Marijauna.SO we did harm not just to Pakisatn but also to the world.This is just one of many Pakistan's problems.

What we need is not split.We need able folks like you,like those NRI's that sponsored KCR, to constantly push the leaders to gain what we think we lost.This way our region and our people will be safe and will also have the chance to prosper.
But you know what I'm talking about is construction which is hard. What you are proposing is destruction( of course with illusion that it MAY bring construction) which is very easy.Construction is constant work.Destruction is one time work and comes with the fringe benefit of blaming others for our failures.

By the way also add Maoist problem,Naxalite problem,most headless corrupt politician problem to your list,weigh and see what you come up with.
United we stand .Divided we Fall.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:14 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare

Quote:
On the political front the politicians who are trying to keep it united may/may not be doing it for selfish reasons.If they are then for once people's wish,people's best interest coincides with their corrupt reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontcareanymore View Post
This is bunch of bull crap. If these so called "united andhra" wishers don't have real estate ventures in Hyd, they would have been happy to part ways. Just imagine how much money Lagadapati is invested in real estates in Hyd and so are others who are shouting from rooftops.
So we'll decide whose angle is stupidity and who should pity who later let's read/understand what others are saying on the forum patiently/properly and don't jump to split decision with desperation(/assertion).

Also there is lot more at stake , not just money.

Old 12-17-2009, 11:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kanakabyraju is a splendid one to behold kanakabyraju is a splendid one to behold kanakabyraju is a splendid one to behold kanakabyraju is a splendid one to behold kanakabyraju is a splendid one to behold kanakabyraju is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanthg View Post
And yes, we should not fight. But, at the same time we should continue the discource so that when Telangana people say that their irrigation projects need money and water allocation, the other side should not cry foul. When they say, they need power for lift irrigation projects, already well irrigated Andhra should not ask for the same share of power, because there won't be enough. And also Telangana gave up land for Srisailam and NagarjunaSagar projects, so when they ask bigger share of power to help the lift irrigation projects, the other side should not cry foul. When Telangana asks already well irrigated Andhra to sacrifise one out of three crops, under Krishna, they should not start roiting.
I am really surprised to know this. You are just talking about 2 districts dude.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of
Default Know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanakabyraju View Post
I am really surprised to know this. You are just talking about 2 districts dude.
Dude,

Look at below few major projects water share

Nagarjuna Sagar - Telangana lost 21 villages for this project, the water share for telangana is 5

lacs acres and for andhra 20 lacs acres

Krishna - Telangan 15%, Andhra 65% and Rayalaseema 20%

Sri Shialam - Telangana lost 117 villages and 2 lacs pople came to road, Telangan not getting

single drop of water from this project

Godavari - 10% of water to Telangana and 90% to andhra.

The above are few examples....

Old 12-17-2009, 12:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of

Quote:
So we'll decide whose angle is stupidity and who should pity who later let's read/understand what others are saying on the forum patiently/properly and don't jump to split decision with desperation(/assertion).

Also there is lot more at stake , not just money.
I told you long back, you didnt listen.

Dude - Read the story of united andhra like how it was formed and what was happened all these years, okay...lets forget stupid politics.....there are few links posted in this thread, first spare time and read instead of wasting your time on just posting some thing just like that.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default The True Face of Lagadapati (Lanco) Raj Gopal - Part 1

The True Face of Lagadapati (Lanco) Raj Gopal
(Know the Actual Story Behind Lagadapati’s United Andhra Drama)

His 7200 Crore illegal Lanco Hills Real Estate Project on the brink of collapse

Cheated AP Public to the tune of 1000 Crores through Lanco Kondapalli Power

Involved in illegal Hawala transfers. Lanco MD arrested recently with Hawala
money

Involved in a mega insurance scam running into several Crores. Siphoned 1.53
Crores fraudulently from Basara IIT project and also from TTD Vedic University
project.

Filed false affidavit regarding number of children during election

Lanco is involved in litigations with almost all the state governments where it has
projects. It was thrown out of some projects for fraud.
Lagadapati Raj Gopal alias Lanco Raj Gopal is a 45 year old industrialist turned
politician known for his rabid hatred towards Telangana statehood movement. There is
some background behind his hatred towards Telangana.
Lagadapati bought 108 acres of land at Manikonda in Hyderabad from government of
AP to develop an IT SEZ. Once the government allotted him the land, he has limited the
IT SEZ, to less than 1/4
th of the total land and converted this land into a real-estate
venture named Lanco Hills. Estimated at Rs. 7,200 Crores, Lanco Hills is touted as the
one of the largest real estate ventures in India.
Raj Gopal is claiming all kinds of exemptions from government under the SEZ act for his
real-estate business. He is duping the state and central governments by conducting his
business under the “LANCO Hills Technology Park Pvt. Ltd” name. The state and
central governments have already lost crores of rupees by waiving stamp duty and all
kinds of taxes for this real-estate venture.
Lanco also kept changing its company names to perpetuate this real-estate fraud.
When it began, the company was called Lanco Technologies Private Limited”, it
was subsequently changed to “Lanco Technology Park Private Limited” on June
7, 2005, to “Lanco Mantri Technology Park Private Limited” on November 24,2005
and further to “Lanco Hills Technology Park Private Limited” on July 6, 2006.
As soon as construction started at Lanco Hills, news broke out that this land
belonged to Hussain Shah Wali Dargha under Wakf Board.
Wakf Board is equivalent to the Endowments department which takes care of Hindu
Temple lands. This Muslim minority institution has thousands of acres of lands around
Hyderabad.
The Joint Parliamentary Committee appointed on Wakf land had last year found
that of 1,600 acre prime Wakf land in Manikonda, 829.35 acres were encroached
by the government, which sold the same to several companies including Lanco
Hills.
Following a writ petition, the Andhra Pradesh State high court had issued a stay in 2007
on construction at Lanco Hills. As Raj Gopal is an MP and had several connections in
the right places, he managed to get the stay evicted. He also managed to stop the Wakf
Board from approaching the Supreme Court.
Meanwhile, the real-estate bubble in Hyderabad burst and buyers started
dropping off Lanco Hills apartments like hot potatoes. When Lanco went for
public issue, it promised to build 18.5 million sq ft in Lanco Hills. As soon as
booking began, Lanco Hills had reported bookings of 4 million sq ft. In December
2008, it admitted that bookings were down to 2 million sq ft. Industry insiders say
that the current bookings are much less than even that.
Already reeling under a severe recession, the Telangana state announcement from
Chidambaram rattled Lanco Raj Gopal severely. It is almost certain that his real-estate
empire will collapse like a pack of cards if Telangana state is formed. Apart from
financial losses, Raj Gopal fears that the newly formed Telangana government will
initiate action against him for severe irregularities in the Lanco Hills project which
include evading taxes under the SEZ act.
And to stop that from happening Lagadapati is fuelling the United Andhra Pradesh
agitation by engineering resignations of MLAs and MPs and also providing monetary
support to the agitations in Coastal Andhra.
Richest Politician in Andhra Pradesh
Lagadapati is the richest politician in Andhra Pradesh. He declared assets worth Rs.
299 Crores in the recent election leaving behind Ex chief ministers Chandra Babu Naidu
and Late Y S Rajasekhar Reddy.
This perhaps explains why he could engineer such mass resignations in Andhra region.
Hawala King
In March 2007, the then Managing Director of Lanco Infratech, G Venkatesh Babu
was caught at the Hyderabad Airport with unaccounted money of about Rs. 34
Lakhs
. During interrogation, Babu confessed that the money belonged to Lanco. And
immediately Lagadapati Raj Gopal swung into action and pulled all the ‘right’ strings to
get his man and his company out of this tangle. So powerful were Raj Gopal’s contacts
that the income tax department, while reporting this cash seizure, did not even release
the name of the company to which Venkatesh Babu belonged to. The IT department’s
official statement read “managing director of a power development and infrastructure
company” was caught.
Babu later changed his version and said that this money does not belong to Lanco but
is his personal money.
Media reported that this money is hawala money belonging
to Lanco and is being used to pay kickbacks.
False Affidavit in Elections
A writ petition is filed in the Andhra Pradesh High Court challenging his election to the
Lok Sabha from Vijayawada. The petition said that Lagadapati did not give information
about his third son, which was mentioned in the affidavit submitted by him at the time of
filing nomination. According to the petition Lagadapat had claimed he has two sons
during 2004 elections and three sons during the 2009 elections. However, there was no
mention of this third son in Lagadapati’s election affidavit and hence his election in
invalid, the petition said.