Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > News articles and reports
Click to log in with Facebook
News articles and reports News articles, op-eds, reports on issues of immigration.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 09:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts
Default India to create new southern state of Telengana

BBC News - India to create new southern state of Telengana

Centre gives in, Andhra to be split

Why Congress gave in

India's 'Tiger of Telangana' feted

96 MLAs resign over Telangana statehood

Hyderabad's brand equity affected by Telangana?

Last edited by sledge_hammer; 12-10-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

2 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of
Cool

India now has 28 states, maybe India is trying to mimic USA and have 50 states.....This will become a domino effect on other states....
Did not apply for EAD and AP
GREENED Aug 12, 2010

************************************************** ******************************
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/03/2011
Compare
belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalGC View Post
India now has 28 states, maybe India is trying to mimic USA and have 50 states.....This will become a domino effect on other states....
India should change its name to "United States of India" (USI).
485 approved on Jan 25,2012.
Physical cards received on Jan 30, 2012
one time contribution - 100$
one time contribution for April 2011 Advocacy days - 50$

Old 12-11-2009, 02:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/23/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all
Default That's for being democratic!

When people have power, they demonstrate on what's power all about. Politicians will continue to milk them for their vote banks etc.

With the growing trend, most of them will start to go on hunger strike and start violent protests to break existing states.

Already one is breaking up in rajasthan. That useless rat raj thackarey will start his own protest.

There has to be a rule in the constitution that no more states but its getting out of control.

1 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/07/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/27/2010
Compare
ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Now Maya wants 3

Yes we are on fast track to achieve 50 states. Now Maya wants UP to split in three states. Its a shame, outsiders exploited us because we were divided, British and portugueuse came and understood that we never stood together as a country. We take pride of our diversity but still there infighting, politicians should take the blame for this.. they divide the country for their own benefits instead of uniting us together. British rule united us together do we need a foreign rule to unite us together ?

1 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2007
Compare
nocomment is infamous around these parts
Default Small states are not bad

Dividing states has nothing to do with national integrity, nor it means we are fighting among our selves. There will always be differences no matter what, but indians will always stand united when it comes to national matters, history has proved that.

Besides that telangana is a whole different story compared to other small state demands. It was a seperate state to begin with, later got merged into andhra. And the seperate stae demand in on for 50 years.

Here the politicians are trying to keep it united for their own selfish motives.

4 out of 7 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of
Default Very Good Thing After 4 Decades

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocomment View Post
Dividing states has nothing to do with national integrity, nor it means we are fighting among our selves. There will always be differences no matter what, but indians will always stand united when it comes to national matters, history has proved that.

Besides that telangana is a whole different story compared to other small state demands. It was a seperate state to begin with, later got merged into andhra. And the seperate stae demand in on for 50 years.

Here the politicians are trying to keep it united for their own selfish motives.
Yes, I totally agree with your comment, this movement is started in 1969 and continued till few days until union home minister declared it that the process has been initiated.

When Telangana state wanted to be seperated, there are many reasons, at the same time some political leaders from different region should give the proper reason why they wanted to be united.

Telanga was ignored since it merged with Andhra as Andhra Pradesh.

Few of the reasons below

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Whenever the topic of Telangana is raised, many of us blindly support Andhra or Telangana based on where we come from. Not sure how many really think of why the demand for separate state has been there for such a long time. The 2 major reasons why the demand has been pending for so many years is WATER AND HYDERBAD. People around the state have earned and invested in and around Hyderabad so there is a concerns about the safety of the investment if the state is separated while both the major rivers in our state flow mostly through Telangana. Below are some facts that are few reasons for the demand. Sentiments can be foolish but not facts.

§

There are 10 districts in Telangana, 9 in Andhra and 4 in Rayalaseema. Out of these 7 districts in Telangana, 3 in Andhra and 1 in Rayalaseema are considered severely backward districts which means 70% of districts in Telangana are backward while in Andhra it is 35% and in Rayalaseema it is 25%. Apart from these there are some areas in all parts of the state which are also backward.

§

45% of the state income comes from Telangana region. When it comes to utilization of funds, the share of Telangana is only 28%.

§

Normally canals are dug to supply water to the crops from rivers for cultivation. The amount of land cultivated through canals in just Guntur district is more than the land cultivated with canals in entire Telangana region.

§

Nagarjuna sagar dam is built in Nalgonda district which is in Telangana but majority of the water from the dam is used for Krishna and Guntur district. The original dam was supposed to be build much ahead of its present location but the location was changed so that it falls in the Telangana region. Due to the construction of the dam several hectares of Lime stone mines vanished as part of the dam back waters. Everyone know that lime stone is used for producing cement. Even the natural resources were not allowed to remain.

§

Fluorinated water problem is only in Nalgonda district which has not been resolved since decades.

§

Two major rivers Krishna and Tungabhadra enter the state of AP in the district of Mahaboobnagar(the biggest district in Telangana) but the district always remains the worst draught hit areas along with Anantapur because there is no project and process with which the water can be utilized. The plans for utilization has been pending for decades.

§

RDS (Rajolibanda Diversion Scheme) is build in Mahaboobnagar to provide water to 85000 hectares of land in the district. The leaders of Rayalaseems blasted the gates of RDS and water is supplied to KC (Kurnool-Cudapah) canal while only remaining water, if any, is supplied to the lands in Mahaboobnagar.

§

3 TMC of water from Gandipet is sufficient to supply drinking water to our city. Every year 1700 TMC of water is wasted and is flown into Bay of Bengal from river Godavari. Starting from Nizambad to Bay of Bengal there is no project allowed to build on Godavari. If it is built leaders in Godavari districts fear that the fertile lands in the area may fall short of water. If the Godavari water is utilized properly, there will be no scarcity for food grains in our state.

§

In Telangana regions, only few areas cultivate one crop a year and very rarely two crops a year while most of the land doesn’t even cultivate single crop. In both the Godavari districts, Krishna and Guntur district, two crops a year is common and there are times where even 3 crops a year are cultivated. The only reason is WATER.

§

Government issue G.O.’s for implicating its decisions. G.O number 610 is the longest non implicated G.O in the history of AP. The G.O was issued in 1986 by late NTR who was then the CM of AP, which is not yet implicated. The G.O speaks about the share of Telangana employees in Government jobs in Telangana region.

§

33% of the population in Mahaboobnagar district have left the district for livelihood to different parts of the state due to draught and majority of them are working as daily labour. No other district has so many people who fled the home place due to lack of livelihood and working as daily labour.

§

There are 25 plus government degree colleges in Krishna, Kadapa and Guntur district while there is not even a single government degree college in Ranga Reddy district.

§

Dairy development corporation of AP purchases milk from farmers across the state for distribution. For the same milk, in Andhra, the government pay Rs. 24 to the farmers and in Telangana they pay Rs. 22 per litre. Partiality is shown even in milk J

§

In between 2005-2008 government sold lands worth Rs. 20000 crores in and around Hyderabad which was utilized to build projects in Rayalaseema and Andhra.

§

Not even a single project was completed in Telangana in the last 5 years while several projects were completed in Andhra and Rayalaseema.

Not just Telangana but areas of Northern Andhra, Prakasham and parts of Rayalaseema are still backward. The state needs to progress as a unit. People are suffering across the state and they need a solution.

Nobody wants a split in the state but when the people of one region are constantly humiliated and denied of what they should be getting, such demands keep coming. Let us show maturity in understanding social problems keeping aside the sentiments.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 out of 7 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2007
Compare
minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just to focus on the water issue

Why do we fight along statelines abouut the reservoirs? There are huge rifts between Maharashtra/Andhra Andhra/Tamilnadu and Tamilnadu/Karnataka about how high a state can build the reservoir.
Why can't we let the states that are upstream as high as they can safely and store as much water as they can and release it when even the states down stream need water. why can't they consider rivers as natural treasure to be saved and used by all states.

Disclosure: I am from andhra "region" of Andhrapradesh.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
immieb2 is a jewel in the rough immieb2 is a jewel in the rough immieb2 is a jewel in the rough

letstalklc,

Thank you for the information. I did not realize so much has happened.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future
Default Not Bad!= Good

Telangana was a demand from past 50 years technically but interestingly it was the demand of the same corrupt politicians who see Telangana as New Cookie Jar.
On the political front the politicians who are trying to keep it united may/may not be doing it for selfish reasons.If they are then for once people's wish,people's best interest coincides with their corrupt reason.
But the politicians that are trying to split are doing it DEFINITELY for their selfish reasons.Now will anything come out of it for common Telangana man is anybody's guess what with Maoist trouble,Naxalite,ISI terrorist (only olden days it was called Razakar ), lack of(forget about strong) but even good leadership.All these factors will deal a death blow to people and the region.In the end who will will be the one taking the brunt of it.MY Telugu people.

When the razakar movement happened interestingly all my Telangana people ran to Andhra.Now they are sabotaging the properties of the Andhra folks.Hope they will leave some goodwill as it may so happen that they will have to run to Andhra in few years from now if Telnagana happens.

As said by Omar Abdullah ,in early 90's Pakistani people in Kashmir sabotaged Hindus/properties,painted every wall.shop green, forced people to change their time to Pakistan time,used mosques to drive out Hindus etc . Where is Pakistan now?.( Failed state)
Now in Telangana ,goondas in the name of students sabotaged Andhra properties,Pasted everything that read ANdhra with Telangana,disrespected Potti Sreeramulu garu,used universities meant for education for what they are calling agitation etc Where will Telangana be in few years .Keep guessing Clues Maoism,Naxalites,Idiots in the name of Politiicians, ISI terrorists in HYd (read reports),etc.

Sad thing is except for 2 districts out 0f 10 in Telangaa none of the Telangana folks want to go separate.

United WE Stand.Divided We Fall.

Quote:

Quote:
Besides that telangana is a whole different story compared to other small state demands.
Only you think your reason for split is mightier than others.Others would think their reason is mightier than yours.

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future

You have some amazing list.But most of what you said if not all would fall under corruption bracket not in Telangana discrimination bracket(Just one eg: Btwn 2005-2008 it's not Telangana region but entire state and it's people on personal front,professional/business front ,religious front have suffered because of the politician that was ruling then.There was separate thread on him too.) but let's assume they are under Telanagana discrimination bracket for your sake.
I'll tell you something , Out of 10 districts only 2-3 distrcits in Telangana want to go separate.

Where do folks like you go all the time when there is no agitation ..Slumber?

There are 10 district in Telangana. If there are 40 million people in combined Andhra+Rayalseema there are 30 million people in Telangana alone.
I totally agree that there are not many schools and facilties in Telanagan.But it's not like Telangana doesn't have educated people,rich people, business people.How come in last 50 years not even one leader came out of these 30 miilion who did major good to the region? What is making you think that once split happens all those things that didn't happen in last 50 years will start happening now. I hope you are not thinking in the line of bringing ANdhra+Rayalseema down to Telangana's level in the name of Telangana's prosperity.

Spliiting the state will not somehow bring prosperity to the region
Having rice,wheat,lentils won't satiate hunger.You need a cook ,mind you a good one not one who would poison the food.Bad cook is better than one who would poison food though.

All the facts you mentioned are the jargon corrupt politicians are using to ensnare educated folks like you.I heard there some stupid NRI's who have been funding KCR.

Telangana has all those facts you mentioned. Split or no split you need able leadership to do any good to the region .Chances of any good happening to the region in event of split are very remote.

History satnds as an example. When India was split some of the most fertile lands were gone with Pakistan.Yet what is grown there now to major part ? Marijauna.SO we did harm not just to Pakisatn but also to the world.This is just one of many Pakistan's problems.

What we need is not split.We need able folks like you,like those NRI's that sponsored KCR, to constantly push the leaders to gain what we think we lost.This way our region and our people will be safe and will also have the chance to prosper.
But you know what I'm talking about is construction which is hard. What you are proposing is destruction( of course with illusion that it MAY bring construction) which is very easy.Construction is constant work.Destruction is one time work and comes with the fringe benefit of blaming others for our failures.

By the way also add Maoist problem,Naxalite problem,most headless corrupt politician problem to your list,weigh and see what you come up with.
United we stand .Divided we Fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letstalklc View Post
Yes, I totally agree with your comment, this movement is started in 1969 and continued till few days until union home minister declared it that the process has been initiated.

When Telangana state wanted to be seperated, there are many reasons, at the same time some political leaders from different region should give the proper reason why they wanted to be united.

Telanga was ignored since it merged with Andhra as Andhra Pradesh.

Few of the reasons below

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Whenever the topic of Telangana is raised, many of us blindly support Andhra or Telangana based on where we come from. Not sure how many really think of why the demand for separate state has been there for such a long time. The 2 major reasons why the demand has been pending for so many years is WATER AND HYDERBAD. People around the state have earned and invested in and around Hyderabad so there is a concerns about the safety of the investment if the state is separated while both the major rivers in our state flow mostly through Telangana. Below are some facts that are few reasons for the demand. Sentiments can be foolish but not facts.

§

There are 10 districts in Telangana, 9 in Andhra and 4 in Rayalaseema. Out of these 7 districts in Telangana, 3 in Andhra and 1 in Rayalaseema are considered severely backward districts which means 70% of districts in Telangana are backward while in Andhra it is 35% and in Rayalaseema it is 25%. Apart from these there are some areas in all parts of the state which are also backward.

§

45% of the state income comes from Telangana region. When it comes to utilization of funds, the share of Telangana is only 28%.

§

Normally canals are dug to supply water to the crops from rivers for cultivation. The amount of land cultivated through canals in just Guntur district is more than the land cultivated with canals in entire Telangana region.

§

Nagarjuna sagar dam is built in Nalgonda district which is in Telangana but majority of the water from the dam is used for Krishna and Guntur district. The original dam was supposed to be build much ahead of its present location but the location was changed so that it falls in the Telangana region. Due to the construction of the dam several hectares of Lime stone mines vanished as part of the dam back waters. Everyone know that lime stone is used for producing cement. Even the natural resources were not allowed to remain.

§

Fluorinated water problem is only in Nalgonda district which has not been resolved since decades.

§

Two major rivers Krishna and Tungabhadra enter the state of AP in the district of Mahaboobnagar(the biggest district in Telangana) but the district always remains the worst draught hit areas along with Anantapur because there is no project and process with which the water can be utilized. The plans for utilization has been pending for decades.

§

RDS (Rajolibanda Diversion Scheme) is build in Mahaboobnagar to provide water to 85000 hectares of land in the district. The leaders of Rayalaseems blasted the gates of RDS and water is supplied to KC (Kurnool-Cudapah) canal while only remaining water, if any, is supplied to the lands in Mahaboobnagar.

§

3 TMC of water from Gandipet is sufficient to supply drinking water to our city. Every year 1700 TMC of water is wasted and is flown into Bay of Bengal from river Godavari. Starting from Nizambad to Bay of Bengal there is no project allowed to build on Godavari. If it is built leaders in Godavari districts fear that the fertile lands in the area may fall short of water. If the Godavari water is utilized properly, there will be no scarcity for food grains in our state.

§

In Telangana regions, only few areas cultivate one crop a year and very rarely two crops a year while most of the land doesn’t even cultivate single crop. In both the Godavari districts, Krishna and Guntur district, two crops a year is common and there are times where even 3 crops a year are cultivated. The only reason is WATER.

§

Government issue G.O.’s for implicating its decisions. G.O number 610 is the longest non implicated G.O in the history of AP. The G.O was issued in 1986 by late NTR who was then the CM of AP, which is not yet implicated. The G.O speaks about the share of Telangana employees in Government jobs in Telangana region.

§

33% of the population in Mahaboobnagar district have left the district for livelihood to different parts of the state due to draught and majority of them are working as daily labour. No other district has so many people who fled the home place due to lack of livelihood and working as daily labour.

§

There are 25 plus government degree colleges in Krishna, Kadapa and Guntur district while there is not even a single government degree college in Ranga Reddy district.

§

Dairy development corporation of AP purchases milk from farmers across the state for distribution. For the same milk, in Andhra, the government pay Rs. 24 to the farmers and in Telangana they pay Rs. 22 per litre. Partiality is shown even in milk J

§

In between 2005-2008 government sold lands worth Rs. 20000 crores in and around Hyderabad which was utilized to build projects in Rayalaseema and Andhra.

§

Not even a single project was completed in Telangana in the last 5 years while several projects were completed in Andhra and Rayalaseema.

Not just Telangana but areas of Northern Andhra, Prakasham and parts of Rayalaseema are still backward. The state needs to progress as a unit. People are suffering across the state and they need a solution.

Nobody wants a split in the state but when the people of one region are constantly humiliated and denied of what they should be getting, such demands keep coming. Let us show maturity in understanding social problems keeping aside the sentiments.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by ita; 12-11-2009 at 08:29 PM.

3 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2007
Compare
nocomment is infamous around these parts
Default Dont start Andhra-telangana fight here

I am from north india but did my engineering in telangana region. It is true to a great extent that the region got exploited and nobody will deny that.

Now is the time they want their own leadership and their own share of resources, Instead of opposing the seperate state, andhra leaders should show the facts that the region was never neglected. Not having the facts proves that they need a seperate state.

United we stand divided we fall??? haha they are not asking for a seperate country. People always fight between each other, It may be caste, religion, politics, colleges, gender, districts etc..still we are indians

I know how andhra people are caste fanatics. Their political parties, Film industry, administration is split over castes, and you talk about being united? thats ridiculous

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
Default Now you dont' start North/South,Caste fight

and don't add to the Andhra/Telangana breach.

Quote:
I am from north india but did my engineering in telangana region.
Thanks for clarifying though it was easy to guess.You just studied in Telangana most of us were born ,brought up and lived most of our lives in Telangana.Don't use your half knowledge on our problems.Keep it t o your home state.

Quote:
Not having the facts proves that they need a seperate state.
There are many leaders/people who agree that Telangana was neglected as were some regions in Andhra and many regions in Rayalseena.You many not know this since you only studied in a part of A.P. In our sate as is with sensible people in other states we don't believe amputation is the solution to prickly thorn.So keep you senseless suggestion to yourself.

Quote:
they are not asking for a seperate country.
If these are reasons/facts that people are talking about to split the state I can name few states in India which will name even better/beautiful reasons to go as separate country.So don't hold your breath.If A.P is split there are so many states waiting in the line to bring up the split agenda. When that is dealt with we will be back with those states which were demanding to split from our country.Then people like you with tunnel vision will be wondering what went wrong or may be you will singing another tune.

Quote:
United we stand divided we fall??? haha
Finding it that funny eh? Well may be I can't blame you.
A.P has become a joke in past few weeks after the meteoric rise of the past few years.This rise was not confined to any one region within A.P.We all came up bringing up A.P with us.
Apparently in the center there are some folks spreading a word of caution to investors asking them not to invest in the state as the state will soon go to dogs.
Some arefeeling bad for us,some our candidly laughing ,some are adding to the breach in disguise.

So A.P folks ,now you know what I mean by United We Stand,Divided we Fall.

A white man split my country a white woman split my state.

Quote:
I am from north india but did my engineering in telangana region. It is true to a great extent that the region got exploited and nobody will deny that.

Now is the time they want their own leadership and their own share of resources, Instead of opposing the seperate state, andhra leaders should show the facts that the region was never neglected. Not having the facts proves that they need a seperate state.

United we stand divided we fall??? haha they are not asking for a seperate country. People always fight between each other, It may be caste, religion, politics, colleges, gender, districts etc..still we are indians

I know how andhra people are caste fanatics. Their political parties, Film industry, administration is split over castes, and you talk about being united? thats ridiculous

Last edited by ita; 12-11-2009 at 09:16 PM.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rajpatelemail is infamous around these parts rajpatelemail is infamous around these parts rajpatelemail is infamous around these parts rajpatelemail is infamous around these parts

nocomment: put your middle finger in your butt
ita: take it easy

take it easy guys...

2 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ita View Post
You have some amazing list.But most of what you said if not all would fall under corruption bracket not in Telangana discrimination bracket(Just one eg: Btwn 2005-2008 it's not Telangana region but entire state and it's people on personal front,professional/business front ,religious front have suffered because of the politician that was ruling then.There was separate thread on him too.) but let's assume they are under Telanagana discrimination bracket for your sake.
I'll tell you something , Out of 10 districts only 2-3 distrcits in Telangana want to go separate.

Where do folks like you go all the time when there is no agitation ..Slumber?

There are 10 district in Telangana. If there are 40 million people in combined Andhra+Rayalseema there are 30 million people in Telangana alone.
I totally agree that there are not many schools and facilties in Telanagan.But it's not like Telangana doesn't have educated people,rich people, business people.How come in last 50 years not even one leader came out of these 30 miilion who did major good to the region? What is making you think that once split happens all those things that didn't happen in last 50 years will start happening now. I hope you are not thinking in the line of bringing ANdhra+Rayalseema down to Telangana's level in the name of Telangana's prosperity.

Spliiting the state will not somehow bring prosperity to the region
Having rice,wheat,lentils won't satiate hunger.You need a cook ,mind you a good one not one who would poison the food.Bad cook is better than one who would poison food though.

All the facts you mentioned are the jargon corrupt politicians are using to ensnare educated folks like you.I heard there some stupid NRI's who have been funding KCR.

Telangana has all those facts you mentioned. Split or no split you need able leadership to do any good to the region .Chances of any good happening to the region in event of split are very remote.

History satnds as an example. When India was split some of the most fertile lands were gone with Pakistan.Yet what is grown there now to major part ? Marijauna.SO we did harm not just to Pakisatn but also to the world.This is just one of many Pakistan's problems.

What we need is not split.We need able folks like you,like those NRI's that sponsored KCR, to constantly push the leaders to gain what we think we lost.This way our region and our people will be safe and will also have the chance to prosper.
But you know what I'm talking about is construction which is hard. What you are proposing is destruction( of course with illusion that it MAY bring construction) which is very easy.Construction is constant work.Destruction is one time work and comes with the fringe benefit of blaming others for our failures.

By the way also add Maoist problem,Naxalite problem,most headless corrupt politician problem to your list,weigh and see what you come up with.
United we stand .Divided we Fall.
Dude, Just chill...

having a separate state != we are divided.

Go ask anyone in telangana region, whether it has been neglected decades at a time...The answer is a resounding YES. It's ridiculous to suggest that only 2 districts want a separate state. Most of the people and all districts want to go separate ways from Andhra...

I am from telangana, I also feel the same...Everyone agrees that the area has been neglected, and there are several ways to fix it. One of them is a separate state. But I will tell you one thing, having a separate state to make progress? I am skeptical...

Understandably, people have waited so long to get their fair share, and yes, they are tired. In past three decades, all the CMs are from regions other than telangana and they did not do a squat to address the problem. So how long can they wait?

There is nothing wrong in people having the notion that, "we can fix the problem ourselves instead of waiting for others to do it, even if it means fixing in a bad way..."

Having said that, IMO, the better solution would be...

Not split the state (we don't want to double the crooked politicians and bureaucracy in the name of 2 states. do we?)

but you can have a written law or constitutional amendment in such a way that based on the number of people in different regions and based on the revenue generated from each region, you can have a formula (however complex it might be) in such a way that certain percent of total state development projects go to telangana or andhra, etc. In that way, no CM, or minister can unevenly allocate development projects to their own regions...

For example, if 40% people are from telangana, 40% money should be allocated to telangana. If the revenues generated from each region are uneven, include that in the formula so that the distribution is more or less equitable. Revise the formula every 3 yrs or so to adjust to changing needs...Having so many skilled people from the area, however complex the formula can be, I am pretty sure we can handle this...

But to suggest that having a separate state equals separatism, it's just plain ignorance...