Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2007, 12:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
skdskd is on a distinguished road
Default Mr lou dobbs Poll

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/lou.dobbs.tonight/
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-2007, 12:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Compare
sapota is a name known to all sapota is a name known to all sapota is a name known to all sapota is a name known to all sapota is a name known to all sapota is a name known to all
Default Only 7% !!!!?????

believe that American companies are telling the truth when they claim there is a lack of qualified talent in the U.S. for the high tech industry?

Even though the disclaimer says unscientific poll, this is outrageously biased.

Please forward to all hi tech companies. Let it come from the horses mouth.

Old 08-31-2007, 12:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/14/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
Prashant is a splendid one to behold Prashant is a splendid one to behold Prashant is a splendid one to behold Prashant is a splendid one to behold Prashant is a splendid one to behold Prashant is a splendid one to behold Prashant is a splendid one to behold
Talking

This is what I can infer from the poll

93% of them lack talent
7% are talented

Old 08-31-2007, 12:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of
Default Come to the Rally in DC

Be an active participant and help us help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prashant View Post
This is what I can infer from the poll

93% of them lack talent
7% are talented

-Organize and participate in lawmaker meetings.
-Publicize IV to friends, media and corporates.
-Active member of the local state chapter.

Old 08-31-2007, 12:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
prince_waiting is a splendid one to behold prince_waiting is a splendid one to behold prince_waiting is a splendid one to behold prince_waiting is a splendid one to behold prince_waiting is a splendid one to behold prince_waiting is a splendid one to behold
Default Take this poll with a pinch of salt

Dont worry about it guys........

Every American who owns an IPOD and can surf the web thinks that he is hi-tech....

Americans still expect six figues salaries after high school educaiton....

My boss has been trying to hire a couple of EEs since the past couple of months but is not successful.....Ultimately he had to request me to find Indians graduating in the coming fall semester from the local university....

Also the poll shoule be structured as "Do you think American school system is not producing enough skilled workers with knowledge in STEM fields?"

'High tech jobs' and 'qualified workers' are all distractive terms for the larger malice in place: Americans taking for granted that jobs will be lined for them when they step out of college.

As a matter of fact Mr. Lou Dobbs is doing a big disservice to the American people by lying and not encounraging them to face the harsh truth that there is a lot of competition out there and please be prepared to face it.

Old 08-31-2007, 12:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute
Default Please vote YES.

I think we all should VOTE in this poll.

Old 08-31-2007, 12:56 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future

This poll results is from his viewers who are already biased against any sought of immigration. And to add this is not a scientific poll. Plus no one cares about his polls

Karthik

Old 08-31-2007, 12:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dressking is on a distinguished road
Default The Problem of “Over Qualifying”

I think there is some truth to this poll.

A lot of Americans lost their jobs to foreigners because they are over qualified for those jobs.

Well, when you buy tools for yourself, you buy the cheaper ones that have all the functions that you need, not the most expensive ones that have all the functions, including the functions that you don’t need. The same thing happens to people as it does to tools.

I think most people will become overqualified at some point in their life. The best thing to do after you have become over qualified is to start your own business in the field that you are over qualified for. With the experience you have in that field, you will have better chance of success. If you don’t want to run a business, try investment. With the money you have earned earlier in your life, you should be able to do some investment. If you have invested in real estate, try to make money from the real estate you own.

One should take responsibility for oneself. The government can only take care of the citizens to certain point. Mothers can only breast feed their babies to certain time, and parents can only take care of their children until they are 18. Parents can not take care of you all your life. So don’t expect the government to take care of you all your life, either.

I am writing this here because a lot of us will have this problem in our life later on.

Old 08-31-2007, 01:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute

There are 22,965 IV members. Won't it be good if everyone casts his/her vote. The result would be dramatically different.

Old 08-31-2007, 01:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold

All midwest members please go to this thread and cast your vote

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=12599 (Catch a Ride on the BUS to DC (MN, WI,IL,OH,PA etc))

Old 08-31-2007, 01:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Compare
NIW has much to be proud of NIW has much to be proud of NIW has much to be proud of NIW has much to be proud of NIW has much to be proud of NIW has much to be proud of NIW has much to be proud of NIW has much to be proud of NIW has much to be proud of
Default Lou Dobbs:money making strategy

Just take it easy on this guy. He is a hard nosed, narcistic, self proclaimed immigration reforming CNN anchor who made millions just by talking and writing books on Immigration issues. There is some truth in his talk show but most of it is fabricated lie exaggerated by the media.

I really pity him because he has to come up with some immigration news everyday to save his job unlike Anderson Cooper or Wolf Blitz.
But as long as the immigration community, who has time and again proved its extra ordinary skills by getting Nobels, Pulitzers, Outstanding physician awards, humanitarian awards, he can't change a bit of law. The corporate america wants brain and skills, and we have them. We will prevail......

Just change the TV channel

Old 08-31-2007, 01:06 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
illusions is on a distinguished road

Prashant --- lol now that's scientific

prince_waiting: I couldn't agree with you more. Rather than fixing the problem this poll covers up the harsh truth that most American's are not upto the jobs that it's own society demands. Most people think that H1B candidates are brought in as cheap labor. Which is not the case, we all know that we get paid the same as any American in the same field, if not higher.

Mr. Dobbs has shot himself in the foot, yet once again.

Old 08-31-2007, 01:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare
sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadimanav View Post
I think we all should VOTE in this poll.
You will waste your time if you vote in Lou Dobbs polls. His pools are rigged. These polls start in the loo as they begin by giving 100,000 votes to his ideological point of view and 0 votes in support of the opposite view. Hence the disclaimer to the pools. I suggest that we simply ignore him and don't participate in his pool. It would be one less human being giving Lou Dobbs no value, making him inconsequential one person at a time.

Old 08-31-2007, 01:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Compare
NIW has much to be proud of NIW has much to be proud of NIW has much to be proud of NIW has much to be proud of NIW has much to be proud of NIW has much to be proud of NIW has much to be proud of NIW has much to be proud of NIW has much to be proud of
Default Mr. Dobbs has shot himself in the foot, yet once again.

As illusions said, Lou has shot himself in the foot once again. Pehaps Lou should come out of his illusion and see the real world before he confuses his eye for his foot.

Old 08-31-2007, 01:21 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
asanghi is a jewel in the rough asanghi is a jewel in the rough asanghi is a jewel in the rough asanghi is a jewel in the rough
Default interesting

Before voting, I saw the poll results, it said total number of votes = 9345. Then I voted "yes". The total no of votes still stands at 9345.
Partial Sponsor of a ticket to DC Rally

PD: June 2002
I-485 Filed: June 29th 2007