Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2007, 12:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB1A
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
drak70 is just really nice drak70 is just really nice drak70 is just really nice drak70 is just really nice drak70 is just really nice
Question Demostrate Highly Skilled Immimigrants are Different ?

Dear IV Members

I am one of the late new comers who came to know about the IV and will certainly try to come to the rally and have spent countless hours going thru the forum writings from anonymous member?

What strikes me me that the the highly Skilled immigrant community has not differentiated them from the rest of the population very well.As any first year marketing MBA can tell you the your Unique Selling Point is the differentiating factor.

Highly skilled immigrants sound good for USCIS and legal terminalogy but for general public must know that you are the doctors who take care of them and their children, Computer Engineers who keep the system up and running , the pharmacist , the medical researchers ....

My point is show your educational achivements for the public to understand that you are highly skilled if you have Bachelors Degree ,Masters degree , PhD , Pharma , MD then show it.You earned it then it fact flaunt it

regards

drak70

Last edited by drak70; 09-13-2007 at 03:44 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2007, 12:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by drak70 View Post
Dear IV Members
I am one of the late new comers who came to know about the IV and will certainly try to come to the rally and have spent countless going thru the forum from anonymous member?

What strikes me me that the the highly Skilled immigrant community has not differentiated them from the rest of the population very well.As any first marketing MBA can tell you the your Unique Selling Point is the differentiating factor.

Highly skilled immigrants sound good for USCIS and legal terminalogy but for general public must know that you are the doctors who take care of them and their children, Computer Engineers who keep the system up and running , the pharmacist , the medical researchers

My point is show your educational achivements for the public to understand that you are highly skilled if you have Bachelors Degree ,Masters degree , PhD , Pharma , MD then show it.You earned then it fact flaunt it

regards

drak70

Just come to the rally that is enough- thanks for coming out of anonymity. Please help motivate others for the next couple of days - we need all the anonymous members to start participating

Old 09-13-2007, 01:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future

We need endrosement and consensus on the exceptionally differentiating unique eyecatching idea, so that we are covered by the media across the country and the world. like the flower campaign.

A few were thrown out here on this thread -> http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...?t=1276&page=2 (Good Idea about making Capitol Hill aware of our Problem.)

Wearing IV T-Shirts was endrosed by IV. Wearing suites was widley agreed to.

holding out / Pinning copies of degree/Professional Certificates along with slogans was discussed but not endrosed.

Number of years in US/ waiting for the green card was also discussed.

if some one has a good idea spell it out here.

Old 09-13-2007, 01:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute

drak70, thanks for your insight. It would be nice if U attend the rally and take up U'r suggestion in person with IV core member. I know U are in close proximity to DC.

Quote:
Dear IV Members
I am one of the late new comers who came to know about the IV and will certainly try to come to the rally and have spent countless going thru the forum from anonymous member?

What strikes me me that the the highly Skilled immigrant community has not differentiated them from the rest of the population very well.As any first marketing MBA can tell you the your Unique Selling Point is the differentiating factor.

Highly skilled immigrants sound good for USCIS and legal terminalogy but for general public must know that you are the doctors who take care of them and their children, Computer Engineers who keep the system up and running , the pharmacist , the medical researchers

My point is show your educational achivements for the public to understand that you are highly skilled if you have Bachelors Degree ,Masters degree , PhD , Pharma , MD then show it.You earned then it fact flaunt it

regards

drak70

Old 09-13-2007, 01:41 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute
Default Great point! What if?

Quote:
Dear IV Members

regards

drak70
What if when we march (regardless of what we choose to wear) we carry our framed degrees, as well as an American flag? I'll bring my American MBA degree. I even have a U.S. highschool degree!

We made history at the DC rally! This is only the beginning and Victory is the only option. We'll reach it together!

Let's focus on more action to stop the U.S. Reverse Brain Drain! Let's not let the iron cool!

Old 09-13-2007, 02:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
What if when we march (regardless of what we choose to wear) we carry our framed degrees, as well as an American flag? I'll bring my American MBA degree. I even have a U.S. highschool degree!
Anything that would be eye-catching and talk-of-the-world would do. Keep the ideas comming...

Old 09-13-2007, 03:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Not a bad idea... :)

SAN JOSE WAS THE BEGINNING, DC WILL BE A HUGE MILESTONE!

(San Jose rally pictures and videos, and Aman's messages from Milpitas, CA meeting can be found at http://morejazzbythebay.wordpress.com)

cheers, and see ya'll in DC!
jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
Proud member of IV California/NorCal
I was in Washington, D.C.

on Sep 18th 2007

---------------------------------------------

Old 09-13-2007, 03:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/19/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
gceverywhere is a jewel in the rough gceverywhere is a jewel in the rough gceverywhere is a jewel in the rough
Default Time to use our education for ourselves

How about following the AIDA model. It stands for

A - Attention
I - Interest
D - Desire
A - Action

Read more at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIDA

I think we are going to do a good job of getting attention and generating the Interest with this rally.

In order to create 'Desire' among the general population when they see pictures of this rally, we need to streamline our message (same message delivered many times) and also generalize it more than our own plight. Our message should be around how much USA is losing in terms of innovation and competitive edge by stifling the EB GC.

We also need to give them a way to 'Act'. In order to give them a chance to support us, we need to provide them a website address that they can go to sign a petition in our favor. It should be provided in all banners etc.

Guys, it's not that difficult to get help from native US citizens. I have many friends here who are 'Americans' and fully understand the GC issue but they don't have a way to support us.

This way we(immigrants) are not alone in this struggle..We have support from a larger portion of the society..

What do you think? If you like the idea and the core team approves it then I can design a message that covers all 4 elements of AIDA...

Old 09-13-2007, 04:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of
Default Another brilliant idea...

That's great.. ! A URL for folks to sign a petition, take polls (look at MajikWidgets.com for such free widgets that can easily be added to the web site).

SAN JOSE WAS THE BEGINNING, DC WILL BE A HUGE MILESTONE!

(San Jose rally pictures and videos, and Aman's messages from Milpitas, CA meeting can be found at http://morejazzbythebay.wordpress.com)

cheers, and see ya'll in DC!
jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gceverywhere View Post

A - Attention
I - Interest
D - Desire
A - Action

I think we are going to do a good job of getting attention and generating the Interest with this rally.

In order to create 'Desire' among the general population when they see pictures of this rally, we need to streamline our message (same message delivered many times) and also generalize it more than our own plight. Our message should be around how much USA is losing in terms of innovation and competitive edge by stifling the EB GC.

We also need to give them a way to 'Act'. In order to give them a chance to support us, we need to provide them a website address that they can go to sign a petition in our favor. It should be provided in all banners etc.

Guys, it's not that difficult to get help from native US citizens. I have many friends here who are 'Americans' and fully understand the GC issue but they don't have a way to support us.

This way we(immigrants) are not alone in this struggle..We have support from a larger portion of the society..

What do you think? If you like the idea and the core team approves it then I can design a message that covers all 4 elements of AIDA...
Proud member of IV California/NorCal
I was in Washington, D.C.

on Sep 18th 2007

---------------------------------------------

Old 09-13-2007, 04:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I like your thot.

Take a look at this thread, download the form , fwd it to all and/or personally give and fax / mail back asap as directed. and PM 'Sw33t' and collobrate with him on the front page of the petition.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=13204 (** If You Are Not Coming For The Rally, Atleast Do This!! **)

thanks for taking the lead , we need intation takers like you. way to go.

Let the ideas keep comming....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gceverywhere View Post

A - Attention
I - Interest
D - Desire
A - Action

Old 09-13-2007, 04:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/19/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
gceverywhere is a jewel in the rough gceverywhere is a jewel in the rough gceverywhere is a jewel in the rough
Default Thanks for your help

I just sent Sw33t a pm to see if I can help him..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBlue View Post
I like your thot.

Take a look at this thread, download the form , fwd it to all and/or personally give and fax / mail back asap as directed. and PM 'Sw33t' and collobrate with him on the front page of the petition.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=13204 (** If You Are Not Coming For The Rally, Atleast Do This!! **)

thanks for taking the lead , we need intation takers like you. way to go.

Let the ideas keep comming....