Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2007, 05:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ajobha is infamous around these parts ajobha is infamous around these parts
Default I did not attend the rally because ....

Hi Guyz,

First off, kudos to all the friends who attended the rally. I really appreciate the efforts and thank all of them.

I just thought of starting this thread for people who did not attend. Please explain in one or two sentences why you did not attend. Whether it was a personal reason, whether u were scared, didn't care, forgot, didn't know! etc.

My reason:
I really wanted a green card, but because India is growing so fast, I really don't think I want it so badly anymore. So, I did not have the motivation to go ...
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 09-21-2007, 06:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
485InDreams can only hope to improve

if that is the reason...give way to next person in the queue....

Old 09-21-2007, 06:37 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute

Buddy,
If you really dont need a green card, do you really need to be on this forum? Think about it. Nice try though.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/26/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/13/2007
Compare
jai_immigration is infamous around these parts

Folks who had green card came for rally and supported us, why not u think like that and support others, think about it. Also how can u say u don't want when you don't have it or even obtained it???

Old 09-21-2007, 06:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

I would say - lets not discuss these anymore. For a lot of people - this could be an eye opener.

We will get more people now, so lets not continue this thread

Old 09-21-2007, 07:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of
Default please don't be quick to judge!

Ajobha, thank you for starting this thread.

I am actually curious about peoples reasoning behind not attending the rally. I don't think anyone should judge people's decisions, but if we can understand why we didn't succeed in tempting you to come, we can learn for next time.

It sounds like you might be considering going to another county or back home? Ironically, if this is true, it highlights perfectly what one of our key messages was at the rally.

You are a poster child of reverse brain drain. The US needs to keep talent, whether it is home grown or imported. By making the process so grueling, people are starting to leave in droves.

Got Green but still working at IV

Old 09-21-2007, 07:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
satishku_2000 has a spectacular aura about satishku_2000 has a spectacular aura about satishku_2000 has a spectacular aura about
Default FP appointment

I cancelled my tickets because of the FP appointment I had on same day.

Old 09-21-2007, 08:11 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ZeroComplexity is a splendid one to behold ZeroComplexity is a splendid one to behold ZeroComplexity is a splendid one to behold ZeroComplexity is a splendid one to behold ZeroComplexity is a splendid one to behold ZeroComplexity is a splendid one to behold ZeroComplexity is a splendid one to behold
Default Mostly because of the time needed to fly from the west coast.

I wanted to attend but I have pretty much exhausted all my vacation. 2 more days will be pushing it.

Also, the flight schedules to fly from Portland Oregon to D.C is so ridiculous that it takes a whole day away in flying.

Will definetely attend a rally in the east coast, or better yet will help organize one.

Old 09-21-2007, 08:16 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute

Is "Dog Ate my Boarding Pass" a valid excuse?

PS : I attended the rally

Old 09-21-2007, 08:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
jay75 is on a distinguished road

I did not attend as I was not in a position to take 2-3 days off from work during Sep18th, too much work load, need to fly from CA, additional expenses, etc. ..But I'll definitely attend if the next rally happens in the Bay area or close by.

Old 09-21-2007, 08:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare
vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroComplexity View Post
I wanted to attend but I have pretty much exhausted all my vacation. 2 more days will be pushing it.

Also, the flight schedules to fly from Portland Oregon to D.C is so ridiculous that it takes a whole day away in flying.

Will definetely attend a rally in the east coast, or better yet will help organize one.
Hey zerocomplexity & jay75:
We flew from Seattle on friday mrng at 5:30 am. Had a 5 hours lay over at LA. We wanted to be present & it was worth all the pains....

And also must mention, there were 60+ people from CA too...

WA State Chapter group.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WA_Immigration_Voice/

Last edited by vandanaverdia; 09-21-2007 at 08:48 PM.

Old 09-21-2007, 08:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/04/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
mrane1 has much to be proud of mrane1 has much to be proud of mrane1 has much to be proud of mrane1 has much to be proud of mrane1 has much to be proud of mrane1 has much to be proud of mrane1 has much to be proud of mrane1 has much to be proud of

I didnt attend the rally because I thought there isnt much that would come out of it. The expense was too much to fly from CA. However, if it was in the BA I would have gone...

Old 09-21-2007, 08:40 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ZeroComplexity is a splendid one to behold ZeroComplexity is a splendid one to behold ZeroComplexity is a splendid one to behold ZeroComplexity is a splendid one to behold ZeroComplexity is a splendid one to behold ZeroComplexity is a splendid one to behold ZeroComplexity is a splendid one to behold

I really admire that. I feel I missed out on all the satisfaction you get when you are proactive about something.

I was paranoid that all hell might break loose at work when I am gone. Nothing happened. I have to blame my paranoia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandanaverdia View Post
Hey zerocomplexity & jay75:
We flew from Seattle on friday mrng at 5:30 am. Had a 5 hours lay over at LA. We wanted to be present & it was worth all the pains....

Old 09-21-2007, 08:44 PM
Priority Date
:
May-01
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
nfinity is a splendid one to behold nfinity is a splendid one to behold nfinity is a splendid one to behold nfinity is a splendid one to behold nfinity is a splendid one to behold nfinity is a splendid one to behold nfinity is a splendid one to behold
Default Look what i found

Here is a message from Ajoba regarding the San Jose rally....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I must say that this is a great great effort. Both, the flower campaign and the rally. Nothing like this has been done before by wanna-be immigrants. We are hardworking, law abiding, well educated people. But until now, the general opinion was that we are at the mercy of the American immigration system. I was especially so frustrated when some of my friends thought that there was nothing wrong in what the USCIS did. Their response was simply "what can we do? let's just re-apply when the dates become current again". Historically, Indians (at least, from my experience) have been hesitant to protest against the wrongdoings of their rulers. This is seen even today, when we fear to raise our voice when our bosses or managers at work exploit us, or our advisers/professors exploit us, or if the USCIS changes rules in the middle of the game. In India too, the general opinion is "Nothing is going to change, let's not get into trouble". This rally has shown that things are changing. We all should wake up, and fight for our rights! I could not attend the rally as I am based in Michigan, but I thank all of you who protested for me and my family. I will do my best to support this effort in whatever way I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajobha View Post
Hi Guyz,

First off, kudos to all the friends who attended the rally. I really appreciate the efforts and thank all of them.

I just thought of starting this thread for people who did not attend. Please explain in one or two sentences why you did not attend. Whether it was a personal reason, whether u were scared, didn't care, forgot, didn't know! etc.

My reason:
I really wanted a green card, but because India is growing so fast, I really don't think I want it so badly anymore. So, I did not have the motivation to go ...

I am honestly curious. What changed in two months? You were desperate then, and you are not now?

Old 09-21-2007, 08:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare
vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroComplexity View Post
I really admire that. I feel I missed out on all the satisfaction you get when you are proactive about something.

I was paranoid that all hell might break loose at work when I am gone. Nothing happened. I have to blame my paranoia.
It is the determination that determines us... Now that u have addressed your own fears, you are ready for the next rally... R u???

WA State Chapter group.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WA_Immigration_Voice/

Closed Thread