Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2007, 04:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kothuri is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Having a Company on H1B - 485 Chances

I came across this article on Murthy.com and got lil nervous.

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_hombus.html

I am currently on H1b applied for 485, LC Cleared, I140 Cleared.
I work for a company X but own another consulting company and I am a passive partner with a share of 49%. Another friend of mine who is also in the same boat as I am is another partner with 49% stake. My Sister who is a Green Card holder has 2% Stake and is an active partner.

I have not taken a single penny from the company in the last 2yrs we formed the company and we file a K1 every year. Even though the company makes profits/loss we are not taking the profit nor writing off the losses from our individual taxes, However both of us (I and my friend who are passive partners) end up doing most of the work such as
1. Signing the bank checks
2. Signing the USCIS documents for employees who are working for our company.(for I129, etc etc)

Does this mean that I am a clear candidate to be on INS Red alert/Radar?

I know that an H1b holder can have a company on H1B and cannot work for that company part time/full time precisely what I have been doing since I have never taken a pay check from the company however I never thought that this could have implications on the 485 approval.

Can some one answer my question. I guess I am more looking at some one like UnitedNations to answer.

-Sri

Last edited by kothuri; 10-02-2007 at 04:27 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote