Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2008, 02:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2007
Compare
freakin_gc is infamous around these parts freakin_gc is infamous around these parts
Default Unused EB3 ROW

Whether unused visa in EB-3 Row will go to EB3 India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapota View Post
http://blogs.ilw.com/gregsiskind/200...dems-to-p.html

Good strategy. Need to make sure all EB provisions are still intact in these reforms targetted for spring & Summer of this year.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2008, 02:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nviren View Post
Hi,

In the past any leftover numbers from undersubscribed countries were being given to the oversubscribed countries in the final quarter of the year (Jul-Sept), That's how so many of indians and chinese got their GCs over last 4-5 years.

My question is, is that still the policy of the USCIS? Will USCIS use the leftover numbers from ROW for India/China.

The possibiliy of having quite a few of leftover numbers is high as ROW is current for EB2. That might bail out, to some extent, EB2 India.

You of course have to count the effect of new memorandum about FBI Name check into this mix.

Thanks,

Viren

No left overs from ROW to POW (this is what I am feeling right now with EB2 being unavailable)..

Old 02-12-2008, 02:11 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapota View Post
http://blogs.ilw.com/gregsiskind/200...dems-to-p.html

Good strategy. Need to make sure all EB provisions are still intact in these reforms targetted for spring & Summer of this year.
How can we find out if EB provisions are there?

Old 02-12-2008, 02:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
prinive is a jewel in the rough prinive is a jewel in the rough prinive is a jewel in the rough
Default I dont think so...

I dont think so.... If that happens, I will send you a bag of sugar to you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus123 View Post
September 2001 will be current next month for sure ...

Old 02-12-2008, 02:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default ROW will get a break every Oct. Not India/China

I have seen this dog and pony show one too many times. Every year, people think that next year's quota of 140,000 will cause the dates for India and China to go forward in the October Bulletin. October will be the end of misery.

Each year, in October bulletin, for India/China EB3, the dates are either stagnant or they go back to 1998 or 1999.

The thing is, as long as there is this per-country quota rationing of green cards, ROW folks will keep moving to the HOV lane and each year, in Oct to Dec timeframe their dates will get current and they will get GCs.

And each year, the dates for India and China will keep yo-yoing between 1998 and 2002, will never move forward, because if per-country limits are applied to 140,000 greencards, then there is very very little leftover that flows to India/China.

So without an increase in Quota or without removal of per-country discrimination, nothing is going to happen either in Oct 2008 or Oct 2009 or Oct 2010. It will keep fluctuating between 1998 and 2002. That is the bracket for India and China.
Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
- Steven Weinberg, Nobel Prize winning physicist.
--------------------------------------------------

Old 02-12-2008, 02:19 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2006
Chargeability
:
Canada
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
Lisap is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakin_gc View Post
Whether unused visa in EB-3 Row will go to EB3 India?

I am a little unclear on all of the retrogression ect. But can someone please explain how EB3 ROW can be retrogressed and not use all of the visa numbers in a year? That doesnt even make sense to me? Would someone please shed some light?
Trs to TSC and received on July 2,07
RD July 2
ND Aug 20
EAD approved Aug 25th
EAD card arrived 8/30/07
FP appointment 9/14/ 07

Old 02-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2006
Chargeability
:
Romania
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
user1205 is a glorious beacon of light user1205 is a glorious beacon of light user1205 is a glorious beacon of light user1205 is a glorious beacon of light user1205 is a glorious beacon of light user1205 is a glorious beacon of light

I haven't seen the ROW dates to be current since 2005 when everything got retrogressed (except the crazy thing that happened last summer).

As far as I know there were A LOT more cases approved in that July fiasco that were from India, I believe the number in June/July was about 3 times the anual quota.

I know you're probably VERY frustrated because of the ROW move while the India cutoff dates are still in 2001 but please don't start the discussion on ROW vs India/Chiana. It's not helping anybody.
I agree that country quotas are wrong and the number of GC per year is ridiculous. But getting people to argue against eachother is not a solution. Supporting the legislative/admin changes is (and I know you've done A LOT to make things happen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclife View Post

The thing is, as long as there is this per-country quota rationing of green cards, ROW folks will keep moving to the HOV lane and each year, in Oct to Dec timeframe their dates will get current and they will get GCs.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:32 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sh2005 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisap View Post
I am a little unclear on all of the retrogression ect. But can someone please explain how EB3 ROW can be retrogressed and not use all of the visa numbers in a year? That doesnt even make sense to me? Would someone please shed some light?
I have the same question. State dept advances the date just so that the available visas are used up for that category by the end of the fiscal year. If a category is retrogressed, then it can't really be "undersubscribed". Maybe there's more to it than what meets the eye here?

The following was listed at the bottom of the page in the March VB in state dept's website:

The cut-off date movement for March in several Employment categories has been greater than those experienced in recent months. Advancement of the cut-off dates at this time should prevent a situation later in the fiscal year where there are large amounts of numbers available but not enough time to use them. If the expected increase in CIS number use materializes, future cut-off date movements could slow or stop.

In the past, state dept guesstimated the demand for visas and changed the dates accordingly. Now that USCIS has almost everyone's I-485 application (those who were able to file by August 2007), logic would dictate that the state dept calculates these date movements based on feedback from USCIS. But maybe that isn't the case. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Last edited by sh2005; 02-12-2008 at 02:38 PM.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2006
Chargeability
:
Romania
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
user1205 is a glorious beacon of light user1205 is a glorious beacon of light user1205 is a glorious beacon of light user1205 is a glorious beacon of light user1205 is a glorious beacon of light user1205 is a glorious beacon of light

As far as I know the country quotas are followed only in the first 3 quarters of the year. Last year a lot of numbers were used for India/China in the June/July fiasco and ROW used less than the yearly quota. India had I think 3 times the yearly quota in those months. So they're trying to use up as much as they can for ROW this year I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh2005 View Post
I have the same question. State dept moves the date just so that the visa numbers are used for that category. If a category is retrogressed, then it can't really be "undersubscribed".

This was listed at the bottom of the page in the March VB in state dept's website:

The cut-off date movement for March in several Employment categories has been greater than those experienced in recent months. Advancement of the cut-off dates at this time should prevent a situation later in the fiscal year where there are large amounts of numbers available but not enough time to use them. If the expected increase in CIS number use materializes, future cut-off date movements could slow or stop.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/30/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh2005 View Post
I have the same question. State dept moves the date just so that the visa numbers are used for that category. If a category is retrogressed, then it can't really be "undersubscribed".

This was listed at the bottom of the page in the March VB in state dept's website:

Mods should merge two identical threads. See my post in the other thread:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...5&postcount=12

Old 02-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
JA1HIND will become famous soon enough JA1HIND will become famous soon enough
Default VB in Oct08 might be good for EB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstart View Post
Does it mean that till Oct 08 bulletin there is no point to expect anything for India EB2?
I suspect VB in Oct08 might be good for EB2...if you look at the below copied "Archived Visa Bulletin" URL and I see month of October is always been a fruitful month for EB2 (Employment Based) and I am thinking this year Oct 08 will also show us some good updates...

Check this URL:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bu...etin_1360.html

October 2007: EB2 - 01APR04
October 2006: EB2 - 15JUN02
October 2005: EB2 - 01NOV99
October 2004: EB2 - C (Current)

PD - 03/2005, LC Approval - 07/2007
I-140/485 (TSC) RD - 08/06/2007
PERM applied: 6/2007
Audited: 10/2007, Responded 11/2007
Center: Hopeless Atlanta

Old 02-12-2008, 02:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
kevinkris is a splendid one to behold kevinkris is a splendid one to behold kevinkris is a splendid one to behold kevinkris is a splendid one to behold kevinkris is a splendid one to behold kevinkris is a splendid one to behold kevinkris is a splendid one to behold kevinkris is a splendid one to behold
Unhappy What is ROW?

Can anyone explain me..

Old 02-12-2008, 02:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future

ROW = Rest of the World. It refers to countries other than India, China, Mexico, and I believe Philippines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinkris View Post
Can anyone explain me..

Old 02-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/24/1900
Chargeability
:
Afghanistan
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/24/1900
Compare
Lasantha is just really nice Lasantha is just really nice Lasantha is just really nice Lasantha is just really nice

Yeah, Tell me about it!!!

Just two more months and mine would have been current!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderson View Post
correction: EB3 ROW = 01JAN05 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!

Just 1.25 more year and I would have been current! Damn!!!!

Old 02-12-2008, 03:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light

man..I do not see any hope for India...EB2 esp.

This sucks...we are in for along haul teh indians on this community...brace urselves.