Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2008, 09:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of
Default 2nd Round of FP Notices for July 2007 filers

Friends-
One of my coleagues just got another FP notice yesterday. Did any July 2007 filers got second FP notice this year ? Does it mean that things are moving ?Please share your views.

Admin-
Please delete this thread if it generates a lot of negative responses.

Thanks

Old 07-23-2008, 11:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of
Exclamation Haven't heard anything about FP

I am a July filer as well and have a ton of friends in same boat... This is the first I heard of it.

WI State Chapter - http://groups.google.com/group/iv-wi-mw?hl=en
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-23-2008, 11:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
sriwaitingforgc will become famous soon enough

Are we supposed to get every year?? did ur friend apply EAD renewal online ?

Old 07-23-2008, 11:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriwaitingforgc View Post
Not yet. Our attorney is doing it for us.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute

If 15 months has passed since your last FP and your GC is still pending then you will receive an FP notice again. It does not mean things are moving and/or someone looking at your AOS file. If you EFILE the EAD - you will receive a FP notice each time for thumb and picture, this is different from 485 FP.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of
Default New FP don't expire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriwaitingforgc View Post
I remember reading somewhere on USCIS website and this forum that FP taken in late 2007 (probably for all July 2007 filers) will last for the duration of AOS application...

This must be for bad FP or for missing FP for self or any family member...

Old 07-23-2008, 02:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandmaker View Post
If 15 months has passed since your last FP and your GC is still pending then you will receive an FP notice again. It does not mean things are moving and/or someone looking at your AOS file. If you EFILE the EAD - you will receive a FP notice each time for thumb and picture, this is different from 485 FP.
Oh...ok so I guess there is nothing to get excited about. Thanks

Old 07-23-2008, 03:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2006
Chargeability
:
Nigeria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajju View Post
I remember reading somewhere on USCIS website and this forum that FP taken in late 2007 (probably for all July 2007 filers) will last for the duration of AOS application...

This must be for bad FP or for missing FP for self or any family member...

I posted the following at another forum on this topic:

Quote:
USCIS is developing the Biometrics Storage System (BSS) w hich will allow the re-use of fingerprints and, if an application or petition has not been adjudicated within the fifteen month validity period, USCIS will be able to simply re-submit the stored fingerprints to the FBI, without any involvement of the applicant or petitioner. See 72 FR 17172 (Apr. 6, 2007) (establishing a new system of records).
It is from this link:
http://www.uscis.gov/propub/ProPubVA...b01aa0c83dba52

Further research showed that the BSS (Biometrics Storage System) actually went into effect on May 7, 2007.

Quote:
DATES: The established system of
records will be effective May 7, 2007
unless comments are received that
result in a contrary determination.
This is from FR 17172 which you can find at:
http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-...all&page=17172

Last edited by fromnaija; 07-24-2008 at 03:38 AM.

Old 07-24-2008, 03:04 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanks!

Thanks Fromnaija!

Good info

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Old 08-19-2008, 01:40 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/29/2008
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/29/2008
Compare
mzafar125 is on a distinguished road
Default Uscis is stating that I need to go for biometrics

Folks,

I am a July filer, I called USCIS last week and they stated that they need a new set of biometrics. I had initially given my biometrics after I filed my AOS last year in July 2007. According to what I have read USCIS should be able to retrieve my biometrics from their Biometric storage system. Should I call USCIS and argue with them which may be futile. Or should I just bite the bullet and await the new biometric appointment. I would appreciate any input.

PD: 10/2002
I-140 - Approved Jan 2007
Category - EB3, ROW

Last edited by mzafar125; 08-19-2008 at 01:45 AM.

Old 08-19-2008, 01:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute

good research and info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromnaija View Post

It is from this link:

Further research showed that the BSS (Biometrics Storage System) actually went into effect on May 7, 2007.

Approved on 9/9/9
FL chapter: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FL_Immigration_Voice
$100 through Google Order, Plus supported almost all campaigns big and small
-:- from one great country to another
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoiceThank you.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Old 08-19-2008, 10:27 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
willigetagc has much to be proud of willigetagc has much to be proud of willigetagc has much to be proud of willigetagc has much to be proud of willigetagc has much to be proud of willigetagc has much to be proud of willigetagc has much to be proud of willigetagc has much to be proud of willigetagc has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzafar125 View Post
Folks,

I am a July filer, I called USCIS last week and they stated that they need a new set of biometrics. I had initially given my biometrics after I filed my AOS last year in July 2007. According to what I have read USCIS should be able to retrieve my biometrics from their Biometric storage system. Should I call USCIS and argue with them which may be futile. Or should I just bite the bullet and await the new biometric appointment. I would appreciate any input.

PD: 10/2002
I-140 - Approved Jan 2007
Category - EB3, ROW
relax until the new biometrics notice comes. Chances are it never will. The CSR you spoke to probably did'nt read/know the new rules.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ivy55 is on a distinguished road
Default Fp

I got my first FP on July 31 2008- code 2 after waiting one year. Then on Aug 16, I got another FP for Code 1. no LUD yet
Thanks

Old 08-19-2008, 12:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/04/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
kriskris is a jewel in the rough kriskris is a jewel in the rough kriskris is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromnaija View Post

It is from this link:

Thanks for the info. Good to know abt this.

Old 08-19-2008, 01:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/29/2008
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/29/2008
Compare
mzafar125 is on a distinguished road
Default Finger print

Quote:
Originally Posted by willigetagc View Post
relax until the new biometrics notice comes. Chances are it never will. The CSR you spoke to probably did'nt read/know the new rules.
I called USCIS again today and spoke to a IO, they stated that the biometrics had expired and that I should simply wait for the new request. I tried to argue with them that the register stated that they should use what they have in their database. They stated that I have to go for my biometrics and there was nothing else they could do about it. I then asked them if everything else had cleared and they stated that they were only waiting for my biometrics at this stage.

The funny thing is that I submitted a referral since my application was outside of the processing times. The referral stated that biometrics were missing. Now if I had not filed my referral USCIS would have simply just sat on my application until god know when. I am going to write a letter and get someone over at USCIS to listen to me. An uphill battle but it's better than just relying on USCIS.

Does anyone know how long biometrics are valid for ?

Good Luck folks, hope this nighmare ends soon

Priority date 10/2002
i-140 approved in 1/2007
EB3, ROW