Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Visitor and business visa
Click to log in with Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 04:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nish will become famous soon enough nish will become famous soon enough
Default Sample Housewarming invitation letter to my parents

Hi,

Recently I have bought a new home and have home warm up by end of this month.
For this I have to call my parents in US so can anbody share with me home warm up invitation sample letter.

Thanks much,
Nishit Gajjar
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2009, 12:43 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute
Default House WARMUP!!!..what is that

What was your TOEFL score...?
It's called a "HOUSE WARMING PARTY"....not "HOME WARMUP"..go to uscis.gov and download form I-134.

3 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
Singapore
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Compare
bbenhill has much to be proud of bbenhill has much to be proud of bbenhill has much to be proud of bbenhill has much to be proud of bbenhill has much to be proud of bbenhill has much to be proud of bbenhill has much to be proud of bbenhill has much to be proud of bbenhill has much to be proud of bbenhill has much to be proud of

please don't be mean with this guy.. he is only trying to get information .. i had seen a lot of errors in gramars (including myself) but as long as we can communicate, it should be ok.

peace ...

--------------
motto : Always welcome if you want to give me green in this forum.. so I can get my "GREEN"(i mean card) faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dummgelauft View Post
What was your TOEFL score...?
It's called a "HOUSE WARMING PARTY"....not "HOME WARMUP"..go to uscis.gov and download form I-134.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nish View Post
Hi,

For this I have to call my parents in US so can anbody share with me home warm up invitation sample letter.

Thanks much,
Nishit Gajjar
What's more important is to show evidence of strong ties to the home country. This ensures that the visitor will return home before their visa expires instead of remaining here illegally. Usually showing financial/income documents helps convince ties to home country.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:32 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/26/2011
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/26/2011
Compare
forgerator has much to be proud of forgerator has much to be proud of forgerator has much to be proud of forgerator has much to be proud of forgerator has much to be proud of forgerator has much to be proud of forgerator has much to be proud of forgerator has much to be proud of forgerator has much to be proud of forgerator has much to be proud of

it's called a House Warming party.
Housewarming party - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Home warmup seems like the home wants to warmup before the big match!

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
shana04 is a splendid one to behold shana04 is a splendid one to behold shana04 is a splendid one to behold shana04 is a splendid one to behold shana04 is a splendid one to behold shana04 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks much,
Nishit Gajjar
Use I-134 (Affidavit of support) if you google there is sample out there
Then you write an invitation letter to your parents (nothing official) and then sign it
send all other required docs
Pay visa applicaiton fees in India
Take an appointment based on your place (in India)

Old 07-16-2009, 03:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nish will become famous soon enough nish will become famous soon enough
Default Hi

It was typo mistake..Thanks all of your reply.

If anybody have invitation letter format then can you share with me.

It would be great help to me

Old 07-16-2009, 03:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light

Nish - Did you check shana04's reply above ??? It has most of the things that you need to worry about.

Invitation letter is not at all mandatory. But since you insist so much, google "parents US visa invitation letter" and the very first link is your answer.

I assume you would at least modify that format to fit to your housewarming occasion.

Btw, enjoy the house! Congrats!!
I-485 ND 18-Sep-2007
I-485 Soft LUD 31-Mar-2009
I-485 RFERR 18-Aug-2015
GC Approved!! 1-Sep-2015

Contribution - $225 till date

Old 07-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of

Quote:

I have sent you a private message. Please check it.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks much,
Nishit Gajjar
Artificial letters like this will not help you. In today's modern world with phone calls to india is 1-2 cents per minute, it clearly indicates that the letter is designed just to show to the consulate. Rather prepare a request letter to immigration officer showing the reason that you have house warming party and want your parents to be there, so please grant their visitor visa.

Most important thing you need to worry about is "potential immigrant" issue. Put enough evidence that prove that your parent will go back after visiting.

- Current job or business - most important.
- House ownership & Other estate
- Your siblings living in India

Best of luck buddy.

RD: 6/7/07, ND: 6/19/07, FP: 7/21/07
485 LUDs: 7/23, 7/24 & 7/28
EAD Approved: 9/12
AP Approved : 9/24

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:13 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Once you get useful information from members, Please do not forget to add on IV Wiki
http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/index.php/VISITOR_VISA

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 07-16-2009, 10:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
shana04 is a splendid one to behold shana04 is a splendid one to behold shana04 is a splendid one to behold shana04 is a splendid one to behold shana04 is a splendid one to behold shana04 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Buddy here you go. This is what I have used for my in laws

SAMPLE INVITATION LETTER
Date: July 12, 2009

XXXXXXXXXX
Wife of XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX, Apt XXX
XXXX, XXX XXX
USA

Phone Numbers:
(Work): (XXX)-XXX-XXXX
(Home): (XXX)-XXX-XXXX
Email: XXXXXXXXXXX@gmail.com / XXXXXXXX@gmail.com
To,
XXXXXXXX and XXXXXXXX
H. No., XXXXXX, XXXXX - XXXXX, XXXXX XXXXX, India

Dear Parents,

I am doing fine, and hope the same for you. I am inviting you to visit us and spend your vacation in USA with us. During your stay, we would visit various tourist places in USA such as New York, Washington DC, Niagara Falls, Las Vegas, Las Angeles, Disney Land etc. It will also be an opportunity for you to see and experience the American culture, meet different kinds of people and try different varieties of food.

My Husband and I will be taking care of your entire USA tour expenses, including the round trip air fare to USA, food, housing, travel within USA, medical insurance and all your other personal expenses. You will be staying with us at our above given residential address.

Herewith I’m sending all the required documents for getting the necessary tourist visa from the Consulate General of the United States of America, Chennai India.

I am eagerly waiting for your arrival in USA.

You’re Lovingly Daughter and son-in-law,

XXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

07/12/2009

Old 07-16-2009, 10:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Quote:

Check List before you go for appointment

Once you have all the originals in hand, make a copy of it and keep it aside – one for each (I would prefer two copies if possible) – be safe with the originals, it has all the important information

1. Original interview appointment letter which you got at the time of setting appointment with VFS (Xxxxxxx will do this)

2. DS 156 – For Father – sign and date the document – Xxxxxxx will fill this document and send, xxxxxx has to date and sign it, check for any errors. –Done signed by xxxxxxx, you must sign this

3. DS 157 – For Father – sign and date the document – Xxxxxxx will fill this document and send, xxxxxx has to date and sign it, check for any errors. –Done signed by xxxxxxx, you must sign this

4. DS 156 – For Mother– sign and date the document – Xxxxxxx will fill this document and send, Attama has to date and sign it, check for any errors –Done signed by xxxxxxx, you must sign this

5. Visa Application Fee (MRV Fee): $131 in Indian Rupee equivalent at consular rate of exchange. This fee is payable in cash or by DD/HDFC Bank cheque favoring “US Embassy - Visa Fees”.– For Father –
Do not forget to take original

6. Visa Application Fee (MRV Fee): $131 in Indian Rupee equivalent at consular rate of exchange. This fee is payable in cash or by DD/HDFC Bank cheque favoring “US Embassy - Visa Fees”– For Mother

7. Service Charge: Rs.374/- which includes VFS’ service charge Rs359/- & Bank service charge Rs15/- (inclusive of Service Tax @ 12% and Education Cess Tax @0.36%) , This fee is payable in cash or by DD/HDFC Bank cheque favoring “HDFC Bank a/c VFS” - For Father

8. Service Charge: Rs.374/- which includes VFS’ service charge Rs359/- & Bank service charge Rs15/- (inclusive of Service Tax @ 12% and Education Cess Tax @0.36%) , This fee is payable in cash or by DD/HDFC Bank cheque favoring “HDFC Bank a/c VFS”.- For Mother

9. Visa Issuance Fee: After finishing the appointment, then now you have to pay only Visa issuance fee. (I am not sure if this is required, if your visa is approved they will let you know if you have pay any fees (keep an amount of RS 2500/- For Father – may not be required but take money on the safe side

10. Visa Issuance Fee: After finishing the appointment, then now you have to pay only Visa issuance fee. (I am not sure if this is required, if your visa is approved they will let you know if you have pay any fees (keep an amount of RS 2500/- For Mother– may not be required but take money on the safe side

11. Two recent passport size photograph, 50mm X 50mm with a white or off-white background, with the head centered in the frame. The head (measured from the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin) should measure between 1 inch to 1 3/8 inches (28 mm and 35 mm) from the bottom of the photo – For Father – do not staple on the application, use glue to paste the photos

12. Two recent passport size photograph, 50mm X 50mm with a white or off-white background, with the head centered in the frame. The head (measured from the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin) should measure between 1 inch to 1 3/8 inches (28 mm and 35 mm) from the bottom of the photo – For Mother – do not staple on the application, use glue to paste the photos

13. Notarized Affidavit of Support form I-134 (only one copy for both of you) – Xxxxxxx will send this original

14. Supporting letter to the US Consulate – Xxxxxxx will send this original

15. Invitation Letter – Xxxxxxx will send this original –Done signed by Xxxxxxx and xxxxxx

16. Bank account summary – Xxxxxxx will send this original (this is Xxxxxxx Bank Account Summary) –Done
17. Bank Statement (Latest two copies) – Xxxxxxx will send this original (this is Xxxxxxx Bank Statement) –Done

18. Letter from Employer – Xxxxxxx will send this original (Xxxxxxx Employment Letter) –Done

19. Recent pay stub copies – Xxxxxxx will send this copies (Xxxxxxx Pay stubs) –Done

20. Copy of few recent income tax returns (W2’s) – Xxxxxxx will send this original –Do not require this

21. Copy of H-1B Approval Notice(I-797B) – Xxxxxxx will send this original (Xxxxxxx H1 Approval and Xxxxxx’s H4)

22. Copy of I-94 – Xxxxxxx will send this original (I will send the copy for Xxxxxxx and Xxxxxx)

23. Copy of New Passport – Xxxxxxx will send this original (Xxxxxxx Passport copy)

24. Copy of Old Passport – Xxxxxxx will send this original (Xxxxxxx Passport copy)

25. Copy of Xxxxxx’s passport – Xxxxxxx will send the copy (Xxxxxx’s passport copy)

26. Copy of Itinerary – Xxxxxxx will send this original –Done

27. Xxxxxxx will send you a copy of your Date of Birth Certificate for Xxxxxxx and Xxxxxx

28. Xxxxxxx will send you a copy of Marriage certificate for Xxxxxxx and xxxxxx

29. You should do this - Xxxxxx and Xxxxxxx wedding invitation (Xxxxxx – you should have a copy of it – I am not sending any copy of it)

30. You should do this - Marriage photos which includes (my parents, you and your family – take around 5 to 10 photos)

Xxxxxx these are your papers:
31. property papers like house, property, shops - make a notarized affidavit, xxxxxx you need to get this

32. Original Bank statements/Passbook – xxxxxx you need to get this, your bank statements

33. Fixed Deposited – xxxxxx you need to show some thing on your name and Mother name

34. Tax returns statements – Xxxxxx these are yours, just to prove that you are having business

35. proof of business – xxxxxx this is your copy, show some thing that you have business, example – tax papers, etc

Note:
1. Appointment at
https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/ApplnForms...dressList.aspx

2. Respond to all the questions. If you have no response for a question, put "none" or "nil" - do not draw a line or write "n.a." or "not applicable"

3. Must sign the application

4. Very Important: Please write your complete name and passport number on the back of each draft

5. Do not fold any documents

6. In the case of the applicant(s) themselves making the payment the same can be made through Demand Draft / HDFC Bank Cheque / Cash at all the branches mentioned in the list below
1-10-60/3 'Suryodaya'
Begumpet
Hyderabad -500016
Banking Hours Weekdays: 10.00am to 4.00pm, Sat: 10.00am to 1.00pm
Plot no 1355A
Road no 1 & 45
Jubilee Hills
Hyderabad -500033
Banking Hours Weekdays: 10.00am to 4.00pm Sat: 10.00am to 1.00pm
Saeed Plaza
Lakdikapul
Hyderabad -500002
Banking Hours Weekdays: 10.00am to 4.00pm Sat: 10.00am to 1.00pm

7. Attaching the Photo to the Application Form, Staple or glue the one photo to the form in the designated space. If the photo is stapled, staples should be placed as far away as possible from the applicant's face

8. Photo Specification

9. This link is for your reference
https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/ApplnForms...Documents.aspx

Old 09-23-2010, 11:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Compare
tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Sorry in advance.....how on earth could you come out with this name ??? ...Rolling On the Floor Laughing Out Loud....
Quote:
Hi,

......home warm up invitation sample letter.

Thanks much,
Nishit Gajjar

We have two futures; future of desire and future of faith. Man has not learnt to reconcile both.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/29/2006
Compare
sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks much,
Nishit Gajjar
just an alternate approach based on what my parents and in-laws have experienced........

they have just said to the consul that our son (daughter) and his (her) family lives in US and we visit them from time to time to meet them and spend time with grandchild......hence we request a tourist visa.......we have the following ties to India and here is our financial position snapshot

this has also worked......no specific occassion (birthday, graduation, housewarming etc) asked for...
EAD/ AP approved Feb'2007
I140 and 485 approved - July 2007
GC received July 2007