Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   Visitor and business visa (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum91-visitor-and-business-visa/)
-   -   Insurance for Visitor Visa in USA (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum91-visitor-and-business-visa/22018-insurance-for-visitor-visa-in-usa.html)

leo_loco 10-14-2008 01:24 PM

Insurance for Visitor Visa in USA

All:

My parents are going to visit USA first time. Does anyone of you suggest Medical Insurance information ? I am not sure which company I should choose for visitor Medical Insurance.

rajeshalex 10-14-2008 04:19 PM

Its better to take it from India. Check with ur travel agent.
Also note that pre existing conditions are not covered in most of the insurance plans.

Rajesh

b_boy 10-14-2008 04:43 PM

Basic Thumb rule is none of the insurance for visitors cover any pre-existing conditions, so the insurance you buy mainly covers accidental injuries (falling down from stairs / falling in bath tub / auto accident etc.) and bare minimal medical illness (very basics such as fever / cold etc. believe me if it's some thing else the doctors would relate it to a pre-existing condition)

you have 2 types, one is comprehensive coverage just like how it works for you and me and the other is limited coverage, neither of the coverage cover any pre-existing conditions.

you can go the links suggested which gives more info, think twice if you want to get it from India, my friend had a very bad experience with claims from one of the Indian insurance providers.

shana04 10-14-2008 04:48 PM

Visit insurance

Quote:

Originally Posted by leo_loco (Post 297391)
All:

My parents are going to visit USA first time. Does anyone of you suggest Medical Insurance information ? I am not sure which company I should choose for visitor Medical Insurance.

I bought Visit insurance for my parents when they visited USA. Infact one of my friend who is a doctor has suggested me this.

Here is the link www.visitinsurance.com

I believe I have opted for Plan A.

Good luck on that.

sreeraghu 10-14-2008 04:49 PM

one of my friends took insurance for his parents from

http://.org/page3.html

covers PRE-EXISITING Conditions as well

sanjaymk 10-14-2008 05:21 PM

Quote:

All:

I used SRI..Speciality Risk and was happy with the prices they gave me - www.specialityrisk.com

I heard a couple of problems about getting insurance in India, when I first started searching a couple of years ago, but don't remember what they are right now. For all I know, it may not be true now.

All the best.

Sanjay.

immi_2006 10-14-2008 05:27 PM

ICICI Lombard Insurance

Take it from ICICI Lombard Insurance. They have tied up with United Health Care. For 6 months it comes to some where around 10,000 to 15,000 rupees which is pretty cheap compared to US vistor insurance.
Only condition is insurance should be taken before you start from india.

SRI used to be good when they were SRI. Now it is merged with Sevencorners and they don't process claims well.

Indianetwork insurance is quite common with Indians but they take more than 5 months to process claims and they pay part of the claims.

GC9180 10-14-2008 07:06 PM

My parents got from india, not worth it bcoz even for simple visit for fever we needed to pay ($100)

1) bcoz the doctor would not take the insurance, they said they donot deal with the insurance we have.
2) i called up the insurance co. in india ...we were asked pay and claim the paid amount after there return to india.

Get one from here (USA) i would suggest.

GC9180 10-14-2008 07:08 PM

another suggestion ..check with doctors which visitor's insurance they take

raghuram 11-10-2008 02:46 PM

whiteStallion 11-10-2008 04:44 PM

For my recent in-laws trip, I took insurance from ICICI Lombard. As one of the previous poster mentioned they are tied up with United Healthcare and they give you an Identity Card from United Healthcare. I previously used United and they are pretty good. So its a reliable Insurance.
I took the platinum cover for my in-laws(age:mid 50s) and it came to around INR 16k for both of them for a 3 months stay, which I consider is reasonable, given a $ 250K coverage.
Previously when my parents came, I have taken ICICI Lombard. Though I was lucky enough that they did not have any medical issues and I did not need to show up at any doctor/hospital.

raghuram 11-10-2008 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteStallion (Post 301395)
For my recent in-laws trip, I took insurance from ICICI Lombard. As one of the previous poster mentioned they are tied up with United Healthcare and they give you an Identity Card from United Healthcare. I previously used United and they are pretty good. So its a reliable Insurance.
I took the platinum cover for my in-laws(age:mid 50s) and it came to around INR 16k for both of them for a 3 months stay, which I consider is reasonable, given a $ 250K coverage.
Previously when my parents came, I have taken ICICI Lombard. Though I was lucky enough that they did not have any medical issues and I did not need to show up at any doctor/hospital.

ICICI Lombard is only a fixed coverage plan for people age over 55 years. It is not a comprehensive coverage plan. It only pays a small fraction of the actual costs.

nozerd 04-16-2009 02:20 AM

Any additional thoughts / opinions on getting travel insurance ? My uncle and aunt are coming over for 3 months in the summer. My uncle is 65 with typical BP/ Heart problem issues and aunt has no medical problem. Is ICICI Lombardi the best option ?
Any other viewsand recomendations from those who have actually had to use the insurance and submit a claim etc ?

Thanks

jgh_res 04-16-2009 09:42 AM

existing thread:

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=19011

Quote:

All:

askbz1 04-16-2009 01:18 PM

Thank You All...

Thank You so much. Found this thread just in time when I was searching for insurance from my Parent's visit to US.