Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Visitor and business visa
Click to log in with Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2008, 03:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
here_d can only hope to improve
Default What is the visa type for maid to come to USA??

I was really afraid to ask this question as people here don't like different type of question, then also i thought to take a chance.
If you are a working couple with kids, you know the value of having a maid here.
So I am planning to get a maid from india.
Can she apply for b1 visa (with sponsorship letter from me).
Can I specify the actual reason(help with child care) for visa or I just have to mention "visiting purpose"??
I am fine with her traveling to india every 6 months.
I came here on H1 and working on EAD(dependent with 485 pending).
Thanks in advance.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2008, 03:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by here_d View Post
I was really afraid to ask this question as people here don't like different type of question, then also i thought to take a chance.
If you are a working couple with kids, you know the value of having a maid here.
Can I specify the actual reason(help with child care) for visa or I just have to mention "visiting purpose"??
Thanks in advance.
1) B1 visa person cannot work.

2) If you apply to get a maid here with the "child care" reason: first, I don't know what visa you will apply for since B-1 is for visitors and second, you will be asked "why can't you seek a maid in US".

3) I personally know of few friends whose mothers or mother-in-laws were denied B-1 visas when they mentioned that they are going to US to take care of their daughters or daughter-in-laws who are pregnant. The reason cited was: Why can't your kids arrange for domestic help in US.

Hope this helps some.

Old 10-24-2008, 04:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Chargeability
:
Brazil
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Compare
Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future

Quote:
Thanks in advance.
I think it is H2B.

H-2B classification applies to temporary or seasonal nonagricultural workers. This classification requires a temporary labor certification issued by the Secretary of Labor (66,000);

Old 10-24-2008, 04:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Thanks in advance.
One of the reasons why I am in the US is dignity of labor and your types want that same Indian society to be built in the US.

I will tell you why you thought no one would like your question, bcos, your query lacks in morality and you know it. you had guilt.

"I am fine with her travelling to India every 6 months". Is she bonded labor that you are OK to send her to India.

Do you know that you can get a nanny here in the US for 200-300 bucks a week? Or send your kids to Home day cares? Or efficiently run Church day cares? and even proffesionally run day cares.
there are lots of indian ladies on family based GCs/citizenship who might be able to help you out.
google for nanny and you will get nanny matchin service sites. look up on craigslist. post for a 'nanny wanted' at your Indian store. and there are nannies for children with special needs too, no i aint talkin about you.

No, you want a maid from India cos your wife cribs about how she has to do everything while you sit on the sofa and do not even move at your childs cry. you want a maid who does all the household chores for 100$ a month, well, you will give 500, wont you?
You know she will not question anything that you demand. if you as an educated dude are not able to say NO to any of your clients requirements, how can she. shes not even educated enough. she will cook, clean, take care of the kids and is cheap.

lol, let me know if you are successful, i might try it too. peace out.

Last edited by reddog; 10-24-2008 at 04:34 PM.

Old 10-24-2008, 04:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of

Quote:
Thanks in advance.
Not possible. There is a special requirement for child care taker depending on your state. You better hire someone locally. Typically in NJ, someone is available as fulltime nanny for about $1500 per month.

RD: 6/7/07, ND: 6/19/07, FP: 7/21/07
485 LUDs: 7/23, 7/24 & 7/28
EAD Approved: 9/12
AP Approved : 9/24

Old 10-24-2008, 04:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-02
Category
:
EB1
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Compare
2BeeNot2Bee is infamous around these parts 2BeeNot2Bee is infamous around these parts 2BeeNot2Bee is infamous around these parts 2BeeNot2Bee is infamous around these parts 2BeeNot2Bee is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Thanks in advance.
There was a thread somewhere, where the IV member wanted to import a bitch from India. Check it out. I guess the visa rules are the same. You need a large container though.

Old 10-24-2008, 04:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Compare
tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute

Well said RedDog...!!!!

Here d....don't even think of brining a maid from india. It won't workout as you will be taking away jobs for nanny's in US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog View Post
One of the reasons why I am in the US is dignity of labor and your types want that same Indian society to be built in the US.

I will tell you why you thought no one would like your question, bcos, your query lacks in morality and you know it. you had guilt.

"I am fine with her travelling to India every 6 months". Is she bonded labor that you are OK to send her to India.

Do you know that you can get a nanny here in the US for 200-300 bucks a week? Or send your kids to Home day cares? Or efficiently run Church day cares? and even proffesionally run day cares.
there are lots of indian ladies on family based GCs/citizenship who might be able to help you out.
google for nanny and you will get nanny matchin service sites. look up on craigslist. post for a 'nanny wanted' at your Indian store. and there are nannies for children with special needs too, no i aint talkin about you.

No, you want a maid from India cos your wife cribs about how she has to do everything while your sorry a** sits on the sofa and does not even move at your childs cry. you want a maid who does all the household chores for 100$ a month, well, you will give 500, wont you?
You know she will not question anything that you demand. if you as an educated dude are not able to say NO to any of your clients requirements, how can she. shes not even educated enough. she will cook, clean, take care of the kids and is cheap.

We have two futures; future of desire and future of faith. Man has not learnt to reconcile both.

Old 10-24-2008, 04:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Chargeability
:
Brazil
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Compare
Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future

Here is a good material to read..If someone plan to do, I am also interested.

http://www.lexisnexis.com/practicear...dfs/web885.pdf

Old 10-24-2008, 04:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
fall2004us is a jewel in the rough fall2004us is a jewel in the rough fall2004us is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

No, you want a maid from India cos your wife cribs about how she has to do everything while you sit on the sofa and do not even move at your childs cry. you want a maid who does all the household chores for 100$ a month, well, you will give 500, wont you?

well said !!!!!
If both of you guys are working, hiring a nanny in the US wouldnt hurt !!!
I-485, AP, EAD Filed 7/2/07 NSC
RD: 7/30/07, FP: 8/24/07
EAD received - 09/24/07
AP: 10/20/07
2nd EAD received - 8/28/08 (2 year validity)
3rd EAD: received - 8/25/10 (2 year validity)
2nd AP: applied 08/29/08, received on 11/11/08
3rd AP: applied 1/25/10, received on 04/14/08
LUD: I-485 - 8/26/07, 5/6/08 (address change)
Hard LUD (RFE) asking for G 325 & birth cert - 03/09
USCIS recvd the response 4/8/09 - same day hard LUD - under process

Old 10-24-2008, 05:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Very Well Said....

Old 10-24-2008, 05:07 PM
Priority Date
:
May-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/27/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare
optimystic has a reputation beyond repute optimystic has a reputation beyond repute optimystic has a reputation beyond repute optimystic has a reputation beyond repute optimystic has a reputation beyond repute optimystic has a reputation beyond repute optimystic has a reputation beyond repute optimystic has a reputation beyond repute optimystic has a reputation beyond repute optimystic has a reputation beyond repute optimystic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
3) I personally know of few friends whose mothers or mother-in-laws were denied B-1 visas when they mentioned that they are going to US to take care of their daughters or daughter-in-laws who are pregnant. The reason cited was: Why can't your kids arrange for domestic help in US.
I think other posters have dealt with the original subject in all possible angles already. So let me see if I can take a little diversion.

I just wanted to comment on this aspect of "parents wishing to help daughters thru pregnancy" and IO officers having issue with that. I have heard this problem mentioned in numerous instances. And also personally had to coach my parents to answer politically correctly.

But, How can the IO's say that the pregnant daughters can hire domestic help...Didn't they have wives who needed much needed moral support, age old wisdom, loving care that only mothers can provide to daughters when they are especially vulnerable emotionally as well as physically. What about daughters who want their mothers to be present during labour. Is that not a humane enough reason to allow a "Visitor Visa" ???

In what way can the IOs morally combine the two completely different issues of "domestic help" versus "The need for Parental presence/affection for Emotional help and guidance" and the "Emotional bonding time that a grandmother needs to bond with her first grand child" !!! I always seethe with rage whenever I hear about IOs denying parental visit to help out during pregnancy...The IOs always distort the 'help out' aspect with 'domestic/nanny help' and nothing else. Whereas almost always its much more than a mere 'nanny help'.
FP - 2007 Sep
AP - 2007 Dec
FBI Namecheck -- ?? (How to find out?)
FP -- Cleared ?? (How to find out?)

Old 10-24-2008, 05:16 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2007
Compare
minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimystic View Post
In what way can the IOs morally combine the two completely different issues of "domestic help" versus "The need for Parental presence/affection for Emotional help and guidance" and the "Emotional bonding time that a grandmother needs to bond with her first grand child" !!! I always seethe with rage whenever I hear about IOs denying parental visit to help out during pregnancy...The IOs always distort the 'help out' aspect with 'domestic/nanny help' and nothing else. Whereas almost always its much more than a mere 'nanny help'.
I totally agree with your sentiment but your argument is missing the social context of the country your are seeking a visa to. Here people are mostly independent and after an age neither the parents care for their children nor the children want/seek their parents help.(It would apply to 90% of the cases)
If you look at the current economic crisis, one common thread to most troubled stories is that they are single parents with no help from any one including their parents.
IO being insensitive to the realities of other societies is no surprise. As a Visa seeker we need to adjust to answer in a politically correct way.

My 2 cents.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimystic View Post
I think other posters have dealt with the original subject in all possible angles already. So let me see if I can take a little diversion.

I just wanted to comment on this aspect of "parents wishing to help daughters thru pregnancy" and IO officers having issue with that. I have heard this problem mentioned in numerous instances. And also personally had to coach my parents to answer politically correctly.

But, How can the IO's say that the pregnant daughters can hire domestic help...Didn't they have wives who needed much needed moral support, age old wisdom, loving care that only mothers can provide to daughters when they are especially vulnerable emotionally as well as physically. What about daughters who want their mothers to be present during labour. Is that not a humane enough reason to allow a "Visitor Visa" ???

I totally agree with you friend. The IO's somehow think in this way: The mother is taking the job away from a US nanny. Although like you said the mother is providing the much more than nanny help. Then again, how can we expect immigration to have a humane angle.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimalist View Post
I totally agree with your sentiment but your argument is missing the social context of the country your are seeking a visa to. Here people are mostly independent and after an age neither the parents care for their children nor the children want/seek their parents help.(It would apply to 90% of the cases)
If you look at the current economic crisis, one common thread to most troubled stories is that they are single parents with no help from any one including their parents.
IO being insensitive to the realities of other societies is no surprise. As a Visa seeker we need to adjust to answer in a politically correct way.

My 2 cents..
I think you took his post out of context. optimystic is right to some extent.

Take my case, for both my parents and to my wife’s mom, our child was the first grand child. We did not want them to miss the moment. We got them here, not for baby sitting, not for child care… They went back without the regrets of not being able to see the new born and with wonderful memories they can cherish for the rest of their lives. It would have been easy for me to hire a nanny here than to sponsor three people’s visit, but I am glad I did. IO’s should understand this.

I do not approve of bringing a maid from India to take care of kids, as red-dog said there are day cares, nannies and good church schools here for that

Old 10-24-2008, 05:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
here_d can only hope to improve
Default oh come on!!!

Oh come on!!!
When you are working on H1 here instead of india because you can earn better and when you are taking away job from american citizen....how can you argue like this?
I have many reasons for bringing nanny here....
1) I want a person who is making 100 $ per month to earn more (atleast 1000 $ per month ...right??)
2) If she would come here, she can support her family and some day her boy can come here for study or something....
3) I want somebody who understands my culture and the way i want to raise my kid.
4) I can get somebody from new jersy but mostly i would get illegal migrant...which i am not comfortable with.

Apart from my personal reasons, one simple economic rule, if you can get cheap labor, you don't want to spend more....that's why cos hiring you instead of American citizen,and outsourcing working great....

I really like your theory of "husband with cribbing wife", but unfortunately i m the wife, who is working 40+ hrs with fortune 500 company and planning to start her own company, whose husband keeps travelling (consulting) as he cann't change his job until GC.
With all odds working against me, I want peace of mind that my kid is in the safe hand, He is not sent back from certified day care only because he is sick...

And if i tell the story of the femal whom I wants to bring here....you would start crying...:-)....

Anyways,
Thanks for all the helpful replies.

Quote: