Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Visitor and business visa
Click to log in with Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
yaseen82 is infamous around these parts
Thumbs down Inviting sister in law on B2

Ex

Last edited by yaseen82; 08-11-2011 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Abc
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/03/2011
Compare
belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseen82 View Post
Experts,

My cousin sister in law is planning to visit us and has B2 visa interview next week. She is unmarried, 27 years old and is working in Mumbai. I sent her the invitation letter saying she will ne visiting us for a family vacation.

Now she is telling she met who is on L1 visa online and they want to get married while in US and apply for change of status if her visa is approved. I am not comfortable with the whole plan and have tried to talk to her, but she wouldnt listen. I am thinking of writing to Mumbai Consulate reporting fraud. I have her DS160. I am on H1B and do not intent to get into any trouble.

Pls advice if writing to consulate is a good idea or it will simply raise a flag.

Thanks
yes, this constitutes a fraud. You will be in trouble
485 approved on Jan 25,2012.
Physical cards received on Jan 30, 2012
one time contribution - 100$
one time contribution for April 2011 Advocacy days - 50$

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/03/2011
Compare
belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks for the response. But my question is am i better of reporting this to consulate before she goes for the interview??
yes. Fradulent cases should be reported to USCIS.

Old 08-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ivchicago has a reputation beyond repute ivchicago has a reputation beyond repute ivchicago has a reputation beyond repute ivchicago has a reputation beyond repute ivchicago has a reputation beyond repute ivchicago has a reputation beyond repute ivchicago has a reputation beyond repute ivchicago has a reputation beyond repute ivchicago has a reputation beyond repute ivchicago has a reputation beyond repute ivchicago has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Experts,

My cousin sister in law is planning to visit us ...
Pls advice if writing to consulate is a good idea or it will simply raise a flag.

Thanks
Have you told your cousin EXPLICITLY that you have sent a letter to the consulate reporting her deception and withdrawing your letter of support ? I would send a copy of the letter you have already sent/are planning to send to the consulate to her house and to her AND your parents so it is explicitly clear to them what your action was. This would save you tonnes of trouble later on when the blame game starts.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute

So the whole question now is what was your original plan when you invited her to visit you? I don't understand why her decision to marry somebody in US is such a big issue for you!?

Old 08-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/03/2011
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgreen View Post
So the whole question now is what was your original plan when you invited her to visit you? I don't understand why her decision to marry somebody in US is such a big issue for you!?
dude, he is concerned about getting into trouble with USCIS. Since he is the one sponsoring her, he has every reason to be concerned with her purported actions.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwaghoshk View Post
Why are you making issue out of this. The interview is next week so you have time to cancel the appointment. try to convince her and if not then just login to the vfs site and cancel the interview and take it easy.
Yes, just cancel the interview and try to work things with her, if you report her to Embassy she may not be able to come to US for the next 10 years

Old 08-09-2011, 12:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute

He can cancel or whatever he wants to do but what the hell he is going to report?? Has she done any violation of the law. He thinks that she might apply for change of visa status! Is that even breaking a law even if she applies for change of status? If it is not legal it will be denied, that is all. Depending upon the way it is presented the application would be granted as well. But at present, how/what anybody can complain/report - just based on imagination/assumptions/possiblilities?? So many freaks having fantasy worries and destroying other's life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhay View Post
Yes, just cancel the interview and try to work things with her, if you report her to Embassy she may not be able to come to US for the next 10 years

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/03/2011
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgreen View Post
He can cancel or whatever he wants to do but what the hell he is going to report?? Has she done any violation of the law. He thinks that she might apply for change of visa status! Is that even breaking a law even if she applies for change of status? If it is not legal it will be denied, that is all. Depending upon the way it is presented the application would be granted as well. But at present, how/what anybody can complain/report - just based on imagination/assumptions/possiblilities?? So many freaks having fantasy worries and destroying other's life!
Being her sponsor, he has every right to cover his base.
Frauds or intent to commit fraud should be reported to authorities. If USCIS wants to act on it, its their call.

Old 08-10-2011, 01:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
abhay - Whole idea of forums is to discuss any doubts you have. If you think i have a fantasy worry, you have get the hell out of here and dont bother wasting your time posting a response. Get a life and stop venting your frustration on others.
First try to learn how to read forums and see who responded to what dude. may be then you can think about writing a complaint.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
: