Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Visitor and business visa
Click to log in with Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 03:04 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/25/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/18/2007
Compare
rvr_jcop has a brilliant future rvr_jcop has a brilliant future rvr_jcop has a brilliant future rvr_jcop has a brilliant future rvr_jcop has a brilliant future rvr_jcop has a brilliant future rvr_jcop has a brilliant future rvr_jcop has a brilliant future rvr_jcop has a brilliant future rvr_jcop has a brilliant future rvr_jcop has a brilliant future
Default London Airport connecting flight..

Hello,

My parents (who do not speak english well) are traveling tomorrow from SFO to Mumbai via London LHR airport. They originally arrived on Jet airways and now because of the service cancellation, they were rerouted on United flight from SFO to London and from London to Mumbai on Jet airways.

I need some information on terminal details if anybody gone thru London before. As to how to transfer from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3. (by bus, train etcc?) and the security procedure.

Or if anybody traveling in the same flight, thats even better. I appreciate any comments or details.

Thanks in advance.
I-485: RD-07/19/2007, LUD:11/26/2007, 02/10/2009
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2009, 03:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2007
Compare
sathweb is a jewel in the rough sathweb is a jewel in the rough sathweb is a jewel in the rough sathweb is a jewel in the rough
Default Landon Heathrow airport is worst airport I have ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvr_jcop View Post
Hello,

My parents (who do not speak english well) are traveling tomorrow from SFO to Mumbai via London LHR airport. They originally arrived on Jet airways and now because of the service cancellation, they were rerouted on United flight from SFO to London and from London to Mumbai on Jet airways.

I need some information on terminal details if anybody gone thru London before. As to how to transfer from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3. (by bus, train etcc?) and the security procedure.

Or if anybody traveling in the same flight, thats even better. I appreciate any comments or details.

Thanks in advance.
Landon Heathrow airport is worst airport I have ever seen. Most likely you parents have to walk more than a mile. Both the times I have passed through Heathrow, I had to walk a mile at the least. No bus, no train, nada, zip. All they have is flat escalators in some places. After a mile walk, I had to go through security check again.

They are very arrogant, when they talk to you or when they look at you, you can hear them say "Bloody Fool". They don’t say it through their mouth, but you still can sense it.

Your best bet is to find someone who is travelling on the same flight.

Remember, they don’t allow two carryon bags per person. In US they allow, but when you go through security in Landon, they force you to take only one bag. I personally witnessed someone dumping personal belongings as a result of that.

Good luck.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Some answers

* The airlines will transfer the bags. Just ensure that the bags are tagged properly all the way to India.
* As you leave the plane in LHR and walk towards baggage claim, there are internal detours to other terminals. They can use that.

AFAIR, the terminals 1-2-3 were all together and terminal 5 (BA is ultra modern) is away from 1-2-3. There is Heathrow express which is free between (1,2,3) and terminal 5. I think your parents will not have to take this train.

I would suggest looking on line for the Heathrow map. London has a lot of Asian population and they also work at the airport. It would be beneficial to approach one of them.

Airport security in Europe is extremely efficient, courteous and very very quick (except maybe Frankfurt).

Last edited by anilsal; 02-20-2009 at 03:30 PM.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute
Default I agree

London airport is a walking marathon. Everything is so far away.

Old 02-20-2009, 06:15 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/25/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/18/2007
Compare
rvr_jcop has a brilliant future rvr_jcop has a brilliant future rvr_jcop has a brilliant future rvr_jcop has a brilliant future rvr_jcop has a brilliant future rvr_jcop has a brilliant future rvr_jcop has a brilliant future rvr_jcop has a brilliant future rvr_jcop has a brilliant future rvr_jcop has a brilliant future rvr_jcop has a brilliant future

Thank you anilsal and sathweb.

The airport website says there is a bus between T1 and T3. I will see if some more information is available and also hoping for other members input..
I-485: RD-07/19/2007, LUD:11/26/2007, 02/10/2009

Old 02-20-2009, 06:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ups has a spectacular aura about ups has a spectacular aura about

It's so big airport and even if your connecting flight is from the same terminal they make you to go through whole security checkin again. I missed my connecting flight at heathrow and had to stay in London for 24 hours. I can't even imagine how difficult it would be for my parents if they were in my place. I would never take connecting flight through UK.

Old 02-20-2009, 06:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/22/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/22/2004
Compare
priti8888 will become famous soon enough priti8888 will become famous soon enough
Default Any thoughts on Frankfurt airport

Any thoughts on Frankfurt airport? Will my mom need a transit visa? She is an Indian citizen but holds a Green card