Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Visitor and business visa
Click to log in with Facebook
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 01:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sed_y is on a distinguished road
Default Visitor visa, urgent help neded

hi,

My Inlaws would be appearing for visa interview in new delhi for tourist visa. The
reason for visit is to help my wife during pregnancy. I read on this site that it is not a good idea
to tell about pregnancy help as it would be considered as depriving a US person from babysitting.
Would really really appreciate if my following queries are addressed:

1) Both of my inlaws have retired. They have a son in India . does this work in favour of getting visa with respect to not going as a potential immigrant?
2) should they tell / inform about pregnancy. if yes, how should they stress that they are
not going to cause problems for a US worker?
3) My mother in law wants to come in april, while father in law would come in May/June.
does this reduce the chance of getting visa with respect to they coming together?
4) how much of an average money I need to show in US bank to support their visit? Do the bank statements need to be notarized?

Thanks
sedy
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 04-02-2012, 10:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Prepare your inlaws for the interviewe

Find my answers to your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sed_y View Post
hi,

My Inlaws would be appearing for visa interview in new delhi for tourist visa. The
reason for visit is to help my wife during pregnancy. I read on this site that it is not a good idea
to tell about pregnancy help as it would be considered as depriving a US person from babysitting.

1) Both of my inlaws have retired. They have a son in India . does this work in favour of getting visa with respect to not going as a potential immigrant? Show strong connections in India, as how their son is dependent on your inlaws and would definelty want to come back to india after the trip, dont have intentions of settling down in US
a) Sons Education and dependent expenses are borne by your inlaws
b) have home and relatives and strong family connections in India.

2) should they tell / inform about pregnancy. if yes, how should they stress that they are
not going to cause problems for a US worker? NO, never give them a hint your inlaws are coming to help in pregnancy, show the reasons for visit
1) to Visit Niagara falls, Disney etc as its summer time and they can visit all the beatifull places
2) to get a glimpse of US culture
3) Infrastructure etc

3) My mother in law wants to come in april, while father in law would come in May/June.
does this reduce the chance of getting visa with respect to they coming together?There is no need to let them know your travel arrangements, like who is coming first and second, as they are concerned mostly on the reason for going and will the applicant come back after the time frame and are they financially sound.Let your inlaws carry a letter from you, addressed to US embassy Delhi telling them, how you are sponsoring their tickets, accomodations, insurance and you are going to take them to all the famous places in the country and will ensure they are back to India within the visa time frame.
4) how much of an average money I need to show in US bank to support their visit? Do the bank statements need to be notarized?
I think approximately 15K in savings should be sufficient and show all a continous inflow of salary funds to your account and do get them notarized at the bank( they will be doing it free of charge)I think

Thanks
sedy

Old 04-02-2012, 10:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/29/2012
Compare
smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
hi,

1) Both of my inlaws have retired. They have a son in India . does this work in favour of getting visa with respect to not going as a potential immigrant?
not going to cause problems for a US worker?
does this reduce the chance of getting visa with respect to they coming together?

Thanks
sedy
If you really want them to get the visa - don't mention pregnancy and make sure they appear for interview separately. This proves they have ties. 2 retired ppl going together to USA is not a god sign - ppl have got visa and have been rejected. Apply visa for ur mom-in-law first and once she gets, apply for FIL in a few months.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Thanks Sreedhar,
it really helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baleraosreedhar View Post
Let your inlaws carry a letter from you, addressed to US embassy Delhi telling them, how you are sponsoring their tickets,.
So, form I-134 should be sufficient?

Quote:
Originally Posted by baleraosreedhar View Post
I think approximately 15K in savings should be sufficient and show all a continous inflow of salary funds to your account and do get them notarized at the bank( they will be doing it free of charge)
BOA told they can give a reference letter but they did not notarize it. Is it very important to notarize ? can i send them the documents and they notarize in India?

sedy

Old 04-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Hi,
But the gentleman above says its does not matter that whether they come together or alone. The reason I was thinking they should come together is that if my mother in law comes, and later father in law has the visa rejected, We will be in a fix.

But, thanks for replying.
sedy

Old 04-02-2012, 10:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/28/2011
Compare
mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hi,
But the gentleman above says its does not matter that whether they come together or alone. The reason I was thinking they should come together is that if my mother in law comes, and later father in law has the visa rejected, We will be in a fix.

But, thanks for replying.
sedy
Just make sure all the paperwork are ready from your end and provide as much supporting documents as possible ... since your in-laws are retired, and if they have travelled to US or other countries before, it maybe a piece of cake to get USA Visa.

Here's the link to the checklist, just in case.
http://www..com/visitor-visa/sponsor-documents.html

Old 04-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Visitor Visas

I do not know from where people get this idea of saying that husband and wife should apply separate. I do not know how will US start thinking that the In-laws will take a job of a babysitter.
Does not make sense here.
a) US is not dependent on babysitting jobs.
b) Retired persons are over the age of 55, what will the US get if one applyies first and the other applies after and comes on different dates.

Think of this.... If mother applies first and the consulate things that she will be staying there for good and refuses it. They may think that she might become a nanny in the US and work illegally.

Everything is all made up stories.

Neither my parents nor my in-laws had a problem when both said that we were comming here to see my wife who is pregnant.

People say that one should travel within six months of getting the visa. My Uncle came to the US after two years of getting the visa(He had 10 years multiple).

Have your papers and everything will be fine.
GREENED ON 8/03/10
WAIT_FOR_EVER's - WAIT_IS_OVER

Old 04-04-2012, 02:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vmb7 has much to be proud of vmb7 has much to be proud of vmb7 has much to be proud of vmb7 has much to be proud of vmb7 has much to be proud of vmb7 has much to be proud of vmb7 has much to be proud of vmb7 has much to be proud of

Hey Sed_y,

Please see my response below...

1) Both of my inlaws have retired. They have a son in India . does this work in favour of getting visa with respect to not going as a potential immigrant? - I think its a good idea for them to take the interview in the language they speak using a translator.. This indicates to the VO that they are not potential immigrants without being able to speak English. Again, there is no guarentee if it will work or not.
not going to cause problems for a US worker? - No, they should sound like they are visiting US to see the great places in US and definitely not to help their daughter with the delivery.
does this reduce the chance of getting visa with respect to they coming together? I dont think they care about their travel plans.
4) how much of an average money I need to show in US bank to support their visit? Do the bank statements need to be notarized? - Not Sure

Old 04-05-2012, 10:06 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies on hijacking this thread. I have a related question (or two) on the topic of parent visiting. My mom is planning to visit this Summer. She and my dad are retired. They had a ten year multiple visa that expired Jan 2010. They never used it -- I'm not sure if that's going to be some sort of an issue.. In any case, is there some sort of standardized letter, and a list of financial documents I can provide to help strengthen her visa application and approval process? Appreciate if anyone with similar experience are kind enough to share thoughts. Thanks,

Old 04-05-2012, 11:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Thank You guys,
It really helps.

sedy

Old 04-05-2012, 11:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/16/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2012
Compare
velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute

I would strongly suggest them to go together for the Visa interview. Make sure they have documents to prove strong ties to India. The fact that their son is in India will help.
Also, i have seen cases, specifically in Hyd consulate, where women are being asked more questions than men who accompany them. So prepare them both for the interview.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2007
Compare
ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan View Post
Apologies on hijacking this thread. I have a related question (or two) on the topic of parent visiting. My mom is planning to visit this Summer. She and my dad are retired. They had a ten year multiple visa that expired Jan 2010. They never used it -- I'm not sure if that's going to be some sort of an issue.. In any case, is there some sort of standardized letter, and a list of financial documents I can provide to help strengthen her visa application and approval process? Appreciate if anyone with similar experience are kind enough to share thoughts. Thanks,
There was a change announced couple of weeks back that if you have a current (or expired within 4 years) visitor visa there is no need to come for personal interview for renewal. There are certain conditions but most people will get visa by mail without any interview.

US exempts interview clause for business, transit visa renewal - Economic Times

I have read the same at an official US site but can't seem to find the link. Google it and you will find it.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Closed Thread