Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Visitor and business visa
Click to log in with Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2014, 02:39 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ArtL is on a distinguished road
Default Can I Get a L1visa

Good afternoon.
Me and my wife have a small business in Russia (travel agence, visa agency). We have different entities. Through my entity is passing about 10000-15000$. Through my wife's entity is passing about 200000-300000$. We have no employees. Can I get a visa l1 if I start a business in USA (visa, passport, travel agency). If it necessary we can hire an employee. It have to be me to start a business in USA, not my wife. Haw better can we start a process of getting a visa L1? Thanks for any advice.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2015, 05:45 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Rabby is on a distinguished road

The E2 visa is a good option for immigrating to the USA through opening a business. Through the E2 visa you can start a business in the US, work in the US (and your spouse can work too), enroll your kids in school, and you have flexibility to travel.
However, it is not easy - especially as Russia is not a country that has an investment treaty with the USA (this can make it easier to get the visa.) You also need to be able to keep the business going as if the business folds you cannot remain in the US. You also need to be able to speak English, and there may be quite high legal fees involved. I would certainly suggest, however, that you get good legal advice so you can find out about the options and the pros and cons.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote