Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Towards Citizenship > The physical green card
Click to log in with Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 08:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
psam is a jewel in the rough psam is a jewel in the rough psam is a jewel in the rough psam is a jewel in the rough
Default Try another Infopass for getting I-551 stamped

Hopefully you get a different officer. In my case they officer stamped I-551 on passport which was valid for six months for travel purpose and 1 year for employment.

Other online links suggest to talk with your congressperson so see if you get lucky.
Green Card Lost in the Mail - What to do When Your Green Card is Lost in the Mail
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2011, 12:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/07/2007
Compare
foobar2001 has much to be proud of foobar2001 has much to be proud of foobar2001 has much to be proud of foobar2001 has much to be proud of foobar2001 has much to be proud of foobar2001 has much to be proud of foobar2001 has much to be proud of foobar2001 has much to be proud of foobar2001 has much to be proud of foobar2001 has much to be proud of
Default USCIS now tracking important mailings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejk View Post
My 485 got approved 3 months back. Once the status showd "Card Production Ordered". Then changed to "Post Decission Activity". I received the Welcome lettter that i have been grnated permanent resident statusI called USCIS some 45 days back. They mentioned the card has been mailed and file another I-90 mentioning my card is lost. I told them i have not received it at all and asked why i need to spend money and file I-90 again when i did not receive it at all. They said file I-90, thats all. I took infopass appointment. The IO at infopass gave same answer. We mailed the card, its lost, we did not receive it back, file I-90.
I asked if my EAD is valid until i get the green card. The officer asked if he can see my EAD. I had both me and my wife's EADs in a cover and gave both to him. Once he took it, he said he cannot give it back. I asked what should i do now and how should i show my status/ work authorization. He said your only option is to file I-90. Come back after filing I-90 and submitting fingerprints, then we will stamp on your passport. I have been cornered.

I have never missed a single mail. When i mentioned same in the post office, they said its absurd when i receive all mails except the card and that something is wrong with the sender. USCIS is making some blunder in sending the cards and forcing people to spend money and go through the hassle of applying for a new one. They dont check any further information other than bluntly saying "We mailed it, we have not received it back". Such important documents should have a tracking number so that we know that they have actually mailed. There is no way to know if they really mailed it.
Seen this? Seems like USCIS is starting to track delivery confirmation for important docs via USPS (not sure since when though):
MurthyDotCom : Secure Mail Initiative for Green Cards and EADs

Old 03-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
deejk is on a distinguished road
Default USCIS now tracking important mailings..

They started it from March 4, 2011. I have asked the USCIS representative when i called today about when they are starting the Secure Mail Initiative to track Green Card/EAD. The procedure is still the same, if its lost in mail, you will have to file I-90. But atleast you will know if it has been mailed, to which city, state, zipcode it has been mailed to.

Old 08-02-2011, 01:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
grumpy_american can only hope to improve
Default Never got the Green Card in the mail

This is out of control. It just happened to a friend. Their spouse got the Green Card ok, but she didn't. We called and they said it was sent. We then get a letter stating that because the mail was never returned to them that we would have to complete an I-90 and pay the fee.

When I looked up the fee for my friend I went ballistic. $450 !! you are kidding me right?
Some bozo mailman puts it in the wrong box and you want $450 to send another one?

They have the information on computer, they know it's legit. All they need to do is push a button to generate another and send it, BUT NO!!! Not the government that's too easy.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.