Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Towards Citizenship > The physical green card
Click to log in with Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2011, 09:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rampaadh@hotmail.com will become famous soon enough
Default gc not received , but having valid AP

I have received my Green card & My wifes green card during March. But I did not receive my daughter's (2 yrs old) green card even though it was approved
by Immigration on Feb 24th. I received welcome letter also during March.

When I called the USCIS helpdesk number, they said it was mailed to my address on Feb 28th and it might have been lost and I need to apply for I-90 to get replacement card.
There is no tracking number also. They also said my daughter can use valid AP to enter to USA.

Today I made an appointment through INFO PASS and talked to Immigration officer. He also said the same thing and also added that a Bio-metrics should be taken along with I-90 for my kid.

My daughter is currently in India and planning to come back on July4th. She has a valid advance parole till Jan 2012. But the officer told that she can not enter to USA with Advance parole since her GC was approved. He asked me to contact local US embassy to get some travel document so that she can travel.

I am confused now. Did anyone faced such situation ?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute

Murthy.com has some advice on this situation, please check their site. This is what I understand. Your daughter can board the flight to US based on the valid AP. Once she reaches US, she needs to inform the immigration officer that her GC was approved. The immigration officer has the authority to let her into the country after checking her records. Murthy has this scenario in detail.
And miles to go before I sleep.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

can you please give me the link? I searched Murthy's site, but could not find the link.
Today I called the uscis help line, they said the AP will be invalid if resident status is approved and I need to take "return resident visa" for my kid by contacting at the chennai consulate. I am going to call the chennai consulate tonight and let me see what they say.

Any suggestions?

Old 05-19-2011, 08:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I sent a detailed mail to Chennai Consulate yesterday for scheduling an appointment and got response in 2 hours! They said Transportation Letter is required for this case and i need to carry required documents to prove that my daughter's case was approved. Fee is around $175. Initially I thought I should apply for Returning resident visa, but they said it is not necessary and Transportation letter is fine.

Transportation Letter - U.S. Consulate General Chennai, India

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute

MurthyDotCom : I-485 Approval Possibility Issues: International Travel
And miles to go before I sleep.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:09 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
raj1998 is infamous around these parts raj1998 is infamous around these parts raj1998 is infamous around these parts raj1998 is infamous around these parts raj1998 is infamous around these parts raj1998 is infamous around these parts raj1998 is infamous around these parts raj1998 is infamous around these parts raj1998 is infamous around these parts raj1998 is infamous around these parts raj1998 is infamous around these parts
Default 485 approved but no card

In the similar boat.. I received sms/email on 13th that 485 has been approved but have not received any welcome/approval letter till date. I am on H1b. It has expired and I don't have Advance Parole also. I need to travel urgently in first week of June 2011. I was thinking of getting my H1b stamped during the trip, but since that's not possible what are my options???
I called my lawyers office but really didn't get any sound reply... seems like that lost interest once I told them I am not filing EAD/AP and GC is approved

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/30/2004
Compare
nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj1998 View Post
In the similar boat.. I received sms/email on 13th that 485 has been approved but have not received any welcome/approval letter till date. I am on H1b. It has expired and I don't have Advance Parole also. I need to travel urgently in first week of June 2011. I was thinking of getting my H1b stamped during the trip, but since that's not possible what are my options???
I called my lawyers office but really didn't get any sound reply... seems like that lost interest once I told them I am not filing EAD/AP and GC is approved
Why don't you take an Info-Pass and check with an immigration officer? In case of GC approved but yet to be received at your end, there is a possibility that they can stamp your passport with temporary GC (I-551 i think) for urgent travel.

Try your luck!

Regards

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
raj1998 is infamous around these parts raj1998 is infamous around these parts raj1998 is infamous around these parts raj1998 is infamous around these parts raj1998 is infamous around these parts raj1998 is infamous around these parts raj1998 is infamous around these parts raj1998 is infamous around these parts raj1998 is infamous around these parts raj1998 is infamous around these parts raj1998 is infamous around these parts
Default waiting for approval letter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlssubbu View Post
Why don't you take an Info-Pass and check with an immigration officer? In case of GC approved but yet to be received at your end, there is a possibility that they can stamp your passport with temporary GC (I-551 i think) for urgent travel.

Try your luck!

Regards
I have booked an INFOPASS. I hope I receive welcome/approval letter well in time to take with me for I-551. I don't think they will entertain email print out

Old 05-19-2011, 07:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up intresting thread ! thanks !

I am also travelling with the family in June for a couple of months !

the murthy link and this thread over all is helpful !

Our company's lawyer mentioned that if the 485 gets approved while abroad then when I come back I just tell the officer at the entry point that I was out and do not have the card in hand. So I enter using AP.

I also asked him (and in another thread here ) if I can have the card mailed to India by a friend and he said yes, I can do that if I am comfortable with it.

On a different note , one other person mentioned to me that one has to be in the US when the 485 application is approved or else they can reject the application, but that does not sound true and nor I have heard anything like that from the lawyer or in any of the forums !!

Old 05-19-2011, 07:57 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca_immigrant View Post
I am also travelling with the family in June for a couple of months !

the murthy link and this thread over all is helpful !

Our company's lawyer mentioned that if the 485 gets approved while abroad then when I come back I just tell the officer at the entry point that I was out and do not have the card in hand. So I enter using AP.

I also asked him (and in another thread here ) if I can have the card mailed to India by a friend and he said yes, I can do that if I am comfortable with it.

On a different note , one other person mentioned to me that one has to be in the US when the 485 application is approved or else they can reject the application, but that does not sound true and nor I have heard anything like that from the lawyer or in any of the forums !!
Then whats the purpose of AP....?
# Contact the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ice.gov) by telephone at (866) DHS-2-ICE. The hotline is designed specifically to accept immigration violation reports. You can complain anonymously.

Fraud Detection and National Security (FDNS) Directorate
111 Massachusetts Ave., NW Suite 7002,
Mail Stop 2280 Washington,
D.C. 20529-2280
FDNS@dhs.gov
filing without current PD

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts

Dude snathan,

I am not responding to you for this response, I have seen your responses before.

You definetly need to consider taking this How to Communicate with Diplomacy, Tact and Credibility

Take it easy buddy, trying to help you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by snathan View Post
Then whats the purpose of AP....?

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:10 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCmuddu_H1BVaddu View Post
Dude snathan,

I am not responding to you for this response, I have seen your responses before.

You definetly need to consider taking this How to Communicate with Diplomacy, Tact and Credibility

Take it easy buddy, trying to help you....
Thanks for the link...Btw are you taking the same class...
# Contact the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ice.gov) by telephone at (866) DHS-2-ICE. The hotline is designed specifically to accept immigration violation reports. You can complain anonymously.

Fraud Detection and National Security (FDNS) Directorate
111 Massachusetts Ave., NW Suite 7002,
Mail Stop 2280 Washington,
D.C. 20529-2280
FDNS@dhs.gov
filing without current PD

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts

I have completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snathan View Post
Thanks for the link...Btw are you taking the same class...

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:00 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCmuddu_H1BVaddu View Post
I have completed.
Thank you for spreading my teachings to you.

Old 05-20-2011, 10:55 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Recieved Card

Its been real fast. Yesterday I received my Approval letter, today I received my Card in mail.
Application was approved on 13 may after opening SR on 6th may. So canceling INFOPASS...