Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Towards Citizenship > The physical green card
Click to log in with Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2011, 12:06 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
USDream2Dust will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb IT's Law to carry your shiny new GC in your pocket all the times

I just got my precious and it says we need to have it in pocket all the times. Just telling you all. Don't get caught without.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
airbusfan has much to be proud of airbusfan has much to be proud of airbusfan has much to be proud of airbusfan has much to be proud of airbusfan has much to be proud of airbusfan has much to be proud of airbusfan has much to be proud of airbusfan has much to be proud of airbusfan has much to be proud of airbusfan has much to be proud of
Default Paste it

Quote:
Originally Posted by USDream2Dust View Post
I just got my precious and it says we need to have it in pocket all the times. Just telling you all. Don't get caught without.
Dude people on here would paste it on their foreheads if they could, after what they've been through to get it!

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
peacock is a name known to all peacock is a name known to all peacock is a name known to all peacock is a name known to all peacock is a name known to all peacock is a name known to all

where does it say that?

Old 06-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
USDream2Dust will become famous soon enough
Default In the enclosing letter

Not in welcome notice. In the enclosing letter where they provide a small card holder as well. It is most likely to get unnoticed as the excitement is the card and card is outstanding unlike any card I have ever seen with big gold swipe on back side. I think I am falling in love with card

Old 06-11-2011, 07:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusfan View Post
Dude people on here would paste it on their foreheads if they could, after what they've been through to get it!
LOL! green

Old 06-12-2011, 12:03 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jaocanada has much to be proud of jaocanada has much to be proud of jaocanada has much to be proud of jaocanada has much to be proud of jaocanada has much to be proud of jaocanada has much to be proud of jaocanada has much to be proud of jaocanada has much to be proud of jaocanada has much to be proud of

Two examples of why (and where) one should carry the Green cards on person:
1) (Personal example): USCIS - ICE regularly sets up surprise check points along the inter-states on the southern border. While driving from San Diego to Phoenix, we were stopped and folks in our car who were green card holders then were firmly advised to always carry their GCs with them (they didn't have the cards on them that time but were let go, of course).

2) (From a news item in NYT recently): Border patrol has authority to check immigration status of people within 100 miles of US borders. They implement this authority on passenger trains that run along the northern border.

Good luck!

Old 06-12-2011, 12:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
dude people on here would paste it on their foreheads if they could, after what they've been through to get it!
rotfl!!!!

Total contibution to IV so far: $550.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaocanada View Post
Two examples of why (and where) one should carry the Green cards on person:
1) (Personal example): USCIS - ICE regularly sets up surprise check points along the inter-states on the southern border. While driving from San Diego to Phoenix, we were stopped and folks in our car who were green card holders then were firmly advised to always carry their GCs with them (they didn't have the cards on them that time but were let go, of course).

2) (From a news item in NYT recently): Border patrol has authority to check immigration status of people within 100 miles of US borders. They implement this authority on passenger trains that run along the northern border.

Good luck!
They do that check on the road as well(especially on I-87 from Montreal) on the northeastern border.

Total contibution to IV so far: $550.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:24 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jaocanada has much to be proud of jaocanada has much to be proud of jaocanada has much to be proud of jaocanada has much to be proud of jaocanada has much to be proud of jaocanada has much to be proud of jaocanada has much to be proud of jaocanada has much to be proud of jaocanada has much to be proud of

Quote:
Good one!!!

Old 06-12-2011, 06:29 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Botswana
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
isedkeem will become famous soon enough isedkeem will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by USDream2Dust View Post
Is there a documented instance of somebody being penalized for not carrying their Green card with them? If so what was the penalty?