Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Towards Citizenship > The physical green card
Click to log in with Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 02:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
monikakumari is on a distinguished road
Default How much I can delay joining sponsoring company after GC for future employment?

How much I can delay joining sponsoring company after GC for future employment?

I came from India on H1B filed by a consulting company A based in Atlanta in 2007. Was contracting on corp to corp postitions for first few years. My labor and perm were filed in 2008 thru the company A in Eb2. While working at client B, they converted me full time employee in Aug 2009 and I started working on thier H1. Company A agreed that they will not cancel my GC process and I can come back to work with them once the GC is approved. Now in Mar 2012, my GC got approved and B's attorney says I must have to go back to company A to work , if not I could face having my GC revoked for not being working for that company.

Now my question is like this:
How much time I have to go back to A. B's attorney says it must be done in a reasonable period of time like 30 days. A's attorney says its not defined the number of days but there must be intention to join the sponsoring company and few days here or there is fine.Though I was planning to join in 4-5 weeks time of GC approval, now I realie that If I spend 5 more months with B after the GC approval, I will get employer contribution to my 401K which is a very good amount and I am trying to find if I can postpone my joining A for these many months.

I do not have issue with staying with B for long time like a year or longer but just trying to complete three years at B.

To me it looks okay as GC is for future employment and as soon as GC is approved, I do not need to rush to join the company and I should take "some" time. Question is if this can be 5-6 months or it must but in days or weeks.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by monikakumari View Post

I came from India on H1B filed by a consulting company A based in Atlanta in 2007. Was contracting on corp to corp postitions for first few years. My labor and perm were filed in 2008 thru the company A in Eb2. While working at client B, they converted me full time employee in Aug 2009 and I started working on thier H1. Company A agreed that they will not cancel my GC process and I can come back to work with them once the GC is approved. Now in Mar 2012, my GC got approved and B's attorney says I must have to go back to company A to work , if not I could face having my GC revoked for not being working for that company.

How much time I have to go back to A. B's attorney says it must be done in a reasonable period of time like 30 days. A's attorney says its not defined the number of days but there must be intention to join the sponsoring company and few days here or there is fine.Though I was planning to join in 4-5 weeks time of GC approval, now I realie that If I spend 5 more months with B after the GC approval, I will get employer contribution to my 401K which is a very good amount and I am trying to find if I can postpone my joining A for these many months.

I do not have issue with staying with B for long time like a year or longer but just trying to complete three years at B.

To me it looks okay as GC is for future employment and as soon as GC is approved, I do not need to rush to join the company and I should take "some" time. Question is if this can be 5-6 months or it must but in days or weeks.
You must join asap...USCIS is doing random audit of cases like yours. You are picked up for audit, you would lose you GC.
# Contact the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ice.gov) by telephone at (866) DHS-2-ICE. The hotline is designed specifically to accept immigration violation reports. You can complain anonymously.

Fraud Detection and National Security (FDNS) Directorate
111 Massachusetts Ave., NW Suite 7002,
Mail Stop 2280 Washington,
D.C. 20529-2280
FDNS@dhs.gov
filing without current PD

Old 04-16-2012, 09:41 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/12/2012
Compare
frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute

With many uncertainties in I485 applying/approval timelines, USCIS cannot push someone to join a company within short time. Some people are waiting for 15 years for GC so why USCIS can't wait for 6 months. Better call USCIS for this, if you think calling USCIS is risky, ask another GC holder to call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monikakumari View Post