Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Towards Citizenship > Life after Greencard
Click to log in with Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2010, 11:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jewelz is on a distinguished road
Default Travel to Cancun with Re-entry permit/green card-no passport

Hello,
I am sure this question has been asked before but please help me if you can. I would like to obtain information about entering Mexico for a 2 weeks summer vacation. I am a Lawful Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder) but I am unable to obtain a passport from my country of origin. I do have a re-entry permit and I would like to know if these documents will be enough to enter Mexico before booking my ticket. I have tried to contact various mexican consulates in the US but none of them picks up the phone. Your reply will be greatly appreciated.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2010, 11:25 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
IfYouSeekAmy is a jewel in the rough IfYouSeekAmy is a jewel in the rough IfYouSeekAmy is a jewel in the rough IfYouSeekAmy is a jewel in the rough

Don't know about entering Mexico but you will definitely need your passport to re-enter the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelz View Post
Hello,
I am sure this question has been asked before but please help me if you can. I would like to obtain information about entering Mexico for a 2 weeks summer vacation. I am a Lawful Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder) but I am unable to obtain a passport from my country of origin. I do have a re-entry permit and I would like to know if these documents will be enough to enter Mexico before booking my ticket. I have tried to contact various mexican consulates in the US but none of them picks up the phone. Your reply will be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelz View Post
Hello,
As far as I know, you will need a passport to re-enter U.S with the new WHTI. Please see the following links. To enter Mexico, you don't need a visa as you are a GC holder but, you may need the passport. If you are close to a Mexican consulate, go there in person and enquire (I know for sure the NY mexican consulate answers these questions over phone too).

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/...egulations.pdf

Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative

Total contibution to IV so far: $550.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.