Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Towards Citizenship > Life after Greencard
Click to log in with Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2010, 10:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramreddy is infamous around these parts ramreddy is infamous around these parts ramreddy is infamous around these parts ramreddy is infamous around these parts ramreddy is infamous around these parts ramreddy is infamous around these parts ramreddy is infamous around these parts ramreddy is infamous around these parts ramreddy is infamous around these parts ramreddy is infamous around these parts ramreddy is infamous around these parts
Default HOW MANY OF YOU ARE IN THIS SITUATION and whats the best thing to do

I have a marriage on the rocks, that I need to fix back in India and I hope it turns out a quick divorce. We have land disputes in Hyderabad because we are tenants of and older style land lord system. My parents do not want to give up business and want to stay in India. They feel that US is like a 'sweet jail' . As of now I can get a job paying me 2X of what I am making now , if I leave my current GC sponsoring employer. I got GC already . Now I am in a dilemma - I have interests in Hyd that I have to take care of to give my parents relief as well as I dont want to loose status. So I am thinking of working only 6 months and stay in India.
How many of you have similar situation - need not be the same - buy round about same and how do you manage it ? what newer opportunities have to taken (e.g. some business ) after GC that will enable you to spend time equally between both countries....
please throw in your ideas ...friends ....
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

2 out of 9 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:00 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramreddy View Post
I have a marriage on the rocks, that I need to fix back in India and I hope it turns out a quick divorce. We have land disputes in Hyderabad because we are tenants of and older style land lord system. My parents do not want to give up business and want to stay in India. They feel that US is like a 'sweet jail' . As of now I can get a job paying me 2X of what I am making now , if I leave my current GC sponsoring employer. I got GC already . Now I am in a dilemma - I have interests in Hyd that I have to take care of to give my parents relief as well as I dont want to loose status. So I am thinking of working only 6 months and stay in India.
How many of you have similar situation - need not be the same - buy round about same and how do you manage it ? what newer opportunities have to taken (e.g. some business ) after GC that will enable you to spend time equally between both countries....
Buy a cheap condo..Do buy n sell stocks .This way you can stay in india as many months as you want.

Total contributions $120

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Chu**a...

0 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:17 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/24/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2007
Compare
ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute

I am confused. What your "rocky marriage" has to do with your business in India and maintaining status in US?

Let's focus on your problem of maintaining status. If USCIS notices pattern in your stay in US and determines that you don't have significant ties to US (Nope! Mere property in US is not considered "significant tie"), you will be asked to surrender your GC

Quote:

Old 10-02-2010, 03:45 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
China
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
blacktongue has a reputation beyond repute blacktongue has a reputation beyond repute blacktongue has a reputation beyond repute blacktongue has a reputation beyond repute blacktongue has a reputation beyond repute blacktongue has a reputation beyond repute blacktongue has a reputation beyond repute blacktongue has a reputation beyond repute blacktongue has a reputation beyond repute blacktongue has a reputation beyond repute blacktongue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You are ether an actor or someone with some disorder. Looks at the past threads you have written:

Strange Situation - need Help . I-94 and Passport Stolen

Salary pending for 4 months desi bloodsuckers Plz Help!! DOL complaint

Can we buy a gun to protect our family with pending AOS?

Out of country for 4 months - How can i save my 485 ?

going back in India while 485 is pending

Campaign for justice for Ruchika

is it worth waiting or should I go to India.EB2 badly conjested

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute
Default first thing first..

first thing first, I think you need to up your medication..

Quote:
485 status - Rotting in NSC with a single RFE
Lost H1, working on EAD. Invoked AC21 twice.
Attended DC Rally and contributed to IV many times.
Renewed EAD 3 times and AP 4 times
Total cost from the H1 days (new h1, extension, ead, ap, 140, 485 etc - $22000)
Total cost if I had bought a labor certification those days and having a GC by now - $15000
Not knowing if GC is this worth - Priceless.
R2I'd in Feb 2011.

Old 10-02-2010, 08:40 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute
Default your wife (or ex-wife) is right

I think your wife has taken the right decision to divorce you.

Quote:

Old 10-03-2010, 01:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramreddy is infamous around these parts ramreddy is infamous around these parts ramreddy is infamous around these parts ramreddy is infamous around these parts ramreddy is infamous around these parts ramreddy is infamous around these parts ramreddy is infamous around these parts ramreddy is infamous around these parts ramreddy is infamous around these parts ramreddy is infamous around these parts ramreddy is infamous around these parts

@narendra_Mody that Lund calling himself after modi ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by narendra_modi View Post
Chu**a...
old Chinese saying...a picture is better than thousand words......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lbc.jpg (16.0 KB, 119 views)

Last edited by ramreddy; 10-03-2010 at 01:10 PM.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktongue View Post
You are ether an actor or someone with some disorder. Looks at the past threads you have written:

Strange Situation - need Help . I-94 and Passport Stolen

Salary pending for 4 months desi bloodsuckers Plz Help!! DOL complaint

Can we buy a gun to protect our family with pending AOS?

Out of country for 4 months - How can i save my 485 ?

going back in India while 485 is pending

Campaign for justice for Ruchika

is it worth waiting or should I go to India.EB2 badly conjested
Attached Images
File Type: jpg up_yours.jpg (16.0 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by ramreddy; 10-03-2010 at 01:07 PM.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:40 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Uma and Ark
I appreciate ur help sirs. Ur probably Americans disguised as desis..... can 't be desi's ....who come down to their blood. You are the 2 lone souls who dont fit the "desi " stereotype.
-- hypocrites
-- back stabbers
-- opportunists.
-- leg pullers
I have seen them 9 years ....all 9 yards, though I happen to be a desi too. ( No I don't feel proud .....u can call me whatever...I care a fig's worth )

Nonetheless, lets come back to your points....

I think that is a good idea...I can delve into this further. The ones I have are doing reasonably well. About Property - I had thought of it but prices could slump down further , so gotta hold my finger there .
My parents are not well...and I don't think I can stay and work in US more than 6 months probably lesser than that . I read there was some option to stay out of US for like 2 years with permission. Maybe do something like that ....if I cannot afford to spend time there .
I know in theory ..USCIS can cancel green card if you remain in US for a short time etc etc but In reality how frequently have they pulled up GC holders....I wonder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by uma001 View Post
Buy a cheap condo..Do buy n sell stocks .This way you can stay in india as many months as you want.

Last edited by ramreddy; 10-03-2010 at 04:50 AM.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:14 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
PHANI_TAVVALA has a brilliant future PHANI_TAVVALA has a brilliant future PHANI_TAVVALA has a brilliant future PHANI_TAVVALA has a brilliant future PHANI_TAVVALA has a brilliant future PHANI_TAVVALA has a brilliant future PHANI_TAVVALA has a brilliant future PHANI_TAVVALA has a brilliant future PHANI_TAVVALA has a brilliant future PHANI_TAVVALA has a brilliant future PHANI_TAVVALA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Uma and Ark
............ I read there was some option to stay out of US for like 2 years with permission. Maybe do something like that ....if I cannot afford to spend time there .
I know in theory ..USCIS can cancel green card if you remain in US for a short time etc etc but In reality how frequently have they pulled up GC holders....I wonder...

You can apply for a reentry permit and be out of U.S for up to 2 years. But I don't think you can keep repeating this forever though.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Post Green Card is just Green for you ..what about your family.

@PHANI_TAVVALAThanks again....
I am not getting a clear direction for the Green Card holder "Ambitious plans" because we have assets in India and situations that we have to attend to that need attention to and parents can't be at the brunt of it..till those are resolved..I am just "pulling on"..... and want to pull on 6 months here ...if situation permits me to and work 6 months remotely or find some job there .......that way I can be besides them.
I was not able to rephrase my point too well.....and invited some mood spoiling assholes here..... getting Greened is Celebration for the single man ..who wants to build his family ..and has no other worry from across the shores .....and whose family in India is "ready to join in" minute you say come here ...but that same Green Card is a family breaker .....when it pulls just you like a magnet and not your entire family ( except for your wife whom you can file for ) and then it becomes a "tale of 2 countries " ....till the time , you decide one one place.
the reason I opened up this thread was to see how many people were in similar situation...what ultimately happened to their situations ...and how did they manage this situation in the interim.

Last edited by ramreddy; 10-03-2010 at 01:14 PM.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb3retro View Post
first thing first, I think you need to up your medication..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lbc.jpg (16.0 KB, 49 views)

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1techSlave View Post
I think your wife has taken the right decision to divorce you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lbc.jpg (16.0 KB, 34 views)

Old 10-04-2010, 12:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/07/2007
Compare
vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of

Ok. You can certainly opt for a one time AP for 2 yrs that way you can stay back in India.

If you live in Dallas area or if you can call there is an attorney who answer all your questions. I think its 7:40-8:30 every Tue & Thurs & Sat 3 - 4. # to call is 972-235-5555

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.