Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Towards Citizenship > Life after Greencard
Click to log in with Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2011, 10:10 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Compare
InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future

tertip,

I have a friend who is in a similar predicament and we were discussing on phone the other day about the same issues you raised.

Please do not forget to share your experience at the PoE with us . Will be really valuable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tertip View Post
Thanks a lot for the replies guys. I guess I will have to follow MC's advise since that is the only choice I have. I am planning a trip in August 2011. That will be 5 months after receiving the GC and 16 months after leaving the USA. Wish me luck. I will post what happens at the time.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2011, 07:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
baldev.thakur is infamous around these parts baldev.thakur is infamous around these parts baldev.thakur is infamous around these parts baldev.thakur is infamous around these parts baldev.thakur is infamous around these parts baldev.thakur is infamous around these parts baldev.thakur is infamous around these parts baldev.thakur is infamous around these parts
Default another Q if someone can help me..

I am liking a gurl on F1 viza and I am on Green Card. Can I marry her ? and will she get Green Card or she have to go back to India and wait till she is current in line.
How I can stay with her and Husband .

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/15/2005
Chargeability
:
Turkey
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
tertip is a jewel in the rough tertip is a jewel in the rough tertip is a jewel in the rough
Default just arrived in the US

As I went through passport control, the agent asked me how long I was outside the US. I answered "around one year, but just received the GC 5 months ago" He forwarded me and my passport to the secondary inspection area, just like it was done with AP before. Another agent brought my passport and asked me if I was gonna stay in the US or was planning to go back to Turkey. He asked in a friendly manner but asked for it twice. I think this was critical. The answer was surely that I would stay. I went ahead and entered the US. That was my experience.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:46 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Compare
Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
As I went through passport control, the agent asked me how long I was outside the US. I answered "around one year, but just received the GC 5 months ago" He forwarded me and my passport to the secondary inspection area, just like it was done with AP before. Another agent brought my passport and asked me if I was gonna stay in the US or was planning to go back to Turkey. He asked in a friendly manner but asked for it twice. I think this was critical. The answer was surely that I would stay. I went ahead and entered the US. That was my experience.
I told you that nothing will happen. you are good now.

MC

Old 01-18-2012, 11:44 AM
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2005
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/04/2007
Compare
Hassan11 is a name known to all Hassan11 is a name known to all Hassan11 is a name known to all Hassan11 is a name known to all Hassan11 is a name known to all Hassan11 is a name known to all
Default Update?

Dear Tertip,

do you have any update on your case? did you keep coming to the US every 6 months? did you consult with a lawyer? I am in a very very similar situation as you are. I got my GC in the same month as you. how long are you planning to do this? do you have to finally live in the US before applying for citizenship? I would appreciate it if you keep me posted. I can share with you my experience as well.

Thanks

Quote: