Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Towards Citizenship > Life after Greencard
Click to log in with Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2009, 12:56 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayantan76 View Post
Originally Posted by gcdreamer05
Just be patient and allow them to do watever they want, finger print, leg print, mouth print or any print..... all they can do is just for 5 years after that you are citizen then whatever applies to otehrs apply for you.........

So just go with the flow....

If they say they will give GC tomorrow, i am ready to give finger prints daily also

I think its views like this which have made GC and Citizenship such seemingly precious commodities that the grantors of such privileges (USCIS/ DHS etc) have come to believe that they can do whatever they want (delays/ arbitrary rules etc) and still there will be enough willing applicants in line for them to choose from to grant these "precious" privileges.........

I have had a GC now for 2 years - i dont think its made any material change in my life....i still work for the same company i used to before i got GC.........i was never discriminated against in the workplace prior to GC so nothing changed post GC either........the only advantage to me has been that I can visit Canada (which i have to often for business) without a visa.........
If a person has to wait for several years the story can be different.

We all want that greencards be given without much wait, (like in your your case) so that people can focus on their profession and personal lives and live it better. While it may not bring any material change, as you still need to do a job and bring food to the table, it certainly gives some peace of mind and the ability to explore and try new possibilities in career. H1 and L1s are very prohibitive and the temporary nature of the visa makes a person feel very uncertain, fearful and tied.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 03-23-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2009, 01:06 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcdreamer05 View Post
Any idea why this post is coming in red color font on the home page, i was under the impression that only posts which IV wants everyone to notice like the FOIA funding drive come in red color, but why is this post coming in red color on the homepage, is it a bug or am i seeing it different on my pc ?
All threads started by Admins/Moderators will show up in red. We have done this so that all action items and important posts are easy to identify.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 03-23-2009, 01:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/28/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by drak70 View Post
Went to india 2 days after getting GC and returned (with temporary I-551 stamp) via EWR newark

I stood in US citizen/LPR line
They asked me to take fingerprints on electronic scanner just like the credit card scanner you see at the grocery store. You put all the 4 finger together ,then thumb separately repeat it for other hand then take you snap. It took less than 2 min

for my wife they just took one single scan of one hand,when I asked the POE CBP office why? he said thats all the system asked to take.

My take is we still owe allegiance to a foreign passport so we should not be too touchy about extra security arrangement like FP scans
FP for returning permenent Residents is effective from Jan-18 of this year.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wahwah can only hope to improve

did you wait in the US citizens/LPR line or were you directed to the Visitors line at JFK POE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealsnet View Post
They took my fingerprint and photo on my arrival from India 3 weeks back. It was at JFK airport. I didn't ask why. I put the fingers, they didn't satisfied and took another set of finger prints.!!!
It was my first return to US after getting the greencard last year July. Even after getting GC, I felt like in H1B.

Old 03-23-2009, 04:03 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future
Default Green card

I did stand on LPR line. For citizens, a separate line. One guy announced, 'people with small plastic card stand on that line.'
The person took finger print, photograph and also asked me what is my profession and what I am doing. Enquired about my visit. I told him that I did visit my relatives. It is a 2 week visit. One guy before me (look like middle east) came with me by Kuwait Airways, they interviewd him for 5 minutes and they took him inside for another inspection/interview. I did overheard saying he is going to Chicago. He is also a GC holder around 50 years old.
I am surprised, usually these questions asked for H1B people. I thought no questions for GC people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahwah View Post
did you wait in the US citizens/LPR line or were you directed to the Visitors line at JFK POE?

Last edited by dealsnet; 03-23-2009 at 04:13 PM.

Old 03-23-2009, 05:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wahwah can only hope to improve

i think in the long term, there will be 3 queues now - one for US citizens, one for LPR's and one for visitors.
this probably hasn't been implemented at all the POE's so i guess they're asking the LPR's to join the visitor's line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealsnet View Post
I did stand on LPR line. For citizens, a separate line. One guy announced, 'people with small plastic card stand on that line.'
The person took finger print, photograph and also asked me what is my profession and what I am doing. Enquired about my visit. I told him that I did visit my relatives. It is a 2 week visit. One guy before me (look like middle east) came with me by Kuwait Airways, they interviewd him for 5 minutes and they took him inside for another inspection/interview. I did overheard saying he is going to Chicago. He is also a GC holder around 50 years old.
I am surprised, usually these questions asked for H1B people. I thought no questions for GC people.