Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Towards Citizenship > Life after Greencard
Click to log in with Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2008, 11:44 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute
Default DHS wants green card holders' fingerprints

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10126625-38.html
Millions of green card holders will be fingerprinted and photographed every time they enter the United States as part of an expansion of a controversial biometric program, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security announced on Thursday.
The expansion of the US-VISIT program to permanent residents--also known as green card holders--takes effect on January 18, 2009. At the moment, the program's biometric requirements apply to foreign citizens with a non-immigrant visa or those traveling as part of the so-called Visa Waiver program.
Anyone screened as part of the US-VISIT program must provide digital fingerprints and a photograph at the border, plus date of birth, address while in the country, and other information that the U.S. government deems appropriate. The information is checked against a government database of known terrorists and criminals. Refusing to give prints of all 10 fingers will result in being denied entry to the country.
"Expanding enrollment in US-VISIT is a positive step forward in a process designed to further improve public safety and national security while ensuring the integrity of the immigration system," the DHS said in a statement. "Linking a person's biometric information to his or her travel documents reduces the risk that a traveler's identity or documents could be intentionally misused by someone attempting to gain entry into the United States."
The program has been controversial. Government auditors have concluded that US-VISIT has "significant information security control weaknesses that place sensitive and personally identifiable information at increased risk of unauthorized and possibly undetected disclosure and modification, misuse, and destruction." Privacy groups have called it the "most elaborate system of identification in the United States."
Some visitors to the U.S. will continue to remain exempt, including non-U.S. citizens younger than 14 or older than 79, as well as Canadian citizens on short-term visits under B visas. US-VISIT stands for United States Visitor and Immigrant Status Indicator Technology.
The program was implemented in 2003, but a report (PDF) released by the Government Accountability Office this month details the shortcomings of the program, noting that "program planning and execution limitations and weaknesses...confront DHS in its quest to deliver US-VISIT capabilities and value in a timely and cost-effective manner."
The report said the DHS has not taken action to address some of the program's risks, even though they have been known for years. While the department has taken many steps aimed at improving the management of US-VISIT, the report said, more needs to be done, or else "program performance, transparency, and accountability will suffer."
Privacy and security are two of the main challenges facing US-VISIT, its chief information officer said at a biometrics conference in October. However, the program has virtually erased the once-prominent problem of document fraud at U.S. borders, its director said.
The Department of Homeland Security has not announced any plans to fingerprint U.S. citizens at the border. When going through the green card process, current applicants are required to be fingerprinted.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-27-2008, 04:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
bharol is a glorious beacon of light bharol is a glorious beacon of light bharol is a glorious beacon of light bharol is a glorious beacon of light bharol is a glorious beacon of light bharol is a glorious beacon of light

http://www.itexaminer.com/us-wants-t...d-holders.aspx

This link suggests it is only for Indian nationals!

Old 12-27-2008, 01:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2005
Compare
Green_Always has a brilliant future Green_Always has a brilliant future Green_Always has a brilliant future Green_Always has a brilliant future Green_Always has a brilliant future Green_Always has a brilliant future Green_Always has a brilliant future Green_Always has a brilliant future Green_Always has a brilliant future Green_Always has a brilliant future Green_Always has a brilliant future
Default Why Crazy?

Before they issue GC they have taken all 10 finger prints and Bio-metrics, without this they wont issue Physical GC right ?

Now what again they need finger prints when ever we go out and come to this country ?

someone changing fingers out side this country ?

PD - EB3 - Oct 2001
485 - RD 06/2005
1st FP - 07/13/2005
1st SR - 08/04/2006 - Shame Background check pending responce
Transfer to V to T on 03/15/07
2nd FP - 05/08/07
2nd SR - 06/28/2007 - Shame Background check pending responce
FBI NC Cleared - 10/09/2007

Waiting for 485 AD - <no ideia what date to put in here>

I was left out when my PD was current all the times.

Finally 485 Approved on -- 05/10/2008

==========================

Old 12-27-2008, 04:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Bangladesh
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gc4me is a splendid one to behold gc4me is a splendid one to behold gc4me is a splendid one to behold gc4me is a splendid one to behold gc4me is a splendid one to behold gc4me is a splendid one to behold gc4me is a splendid one to behold gc4me is a splendid one to behold

Finger printing expires. So it makes sense for DHS to ask for finger printing for GC holders. Not a big deal. I think this is even better for US security.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Always View Post
Before they issue GC they have taken all 10 finger prints and Bio-metrics, without this they wont issue Physical GC right ?

Now what again they need finger prints when ever we go out and come to this country ?

GC Approved on 01/2/2009

Old 12-27-2008, 05:26 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Always View Post

That's funny

Old 12-27-2008, 08:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
kittu1991 is a jewel in the rough kittu1991 is a jewel in the rough kittu1991 is a jewel in the rough
Default Why only for GC holders

I totally agree that this is better for US security. Then why don't they do the same for US citizens. If GC holders can be threat to US security, US citizens can certainly be, especially in these times of depression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc4me View Post
Finger printing expires. So it makes sense for DHS to ask for finger printing for GC holders. Not a big deal. I think this is even better for US security.

Old 12-28-2008, 03:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
bharol is a glorious beacon of light bharol is a glorious beacon of light bharol is a glorious beacon of light bharol is a glorious beacon of light bharol is a glorious beacon of light bharol is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittu1991 View Post
I totally agree that this is better for US security. Then why don't they do the same for US citizens. If GC holders can be threat to US security, US citizens can certainly be, especially in these times of depression.
Idea of finger printing is not bad. But it should be done on citizens as well.

GC holders are future citizens. This does not make sense to me that I, or
somebody needs to be tracked when he/she is on GC and as soon as he/she gets citizenship, does not need to be tracked!

In fact GC holders are supposed to notify of address change when they move,
citizens are not supposed to do so. GC holders go through FBI name check as well before they get GC.
So GC holders are scrutinized more than natural born citizens anyway!

Old 12-28-2008, 12:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
conundrum has a reputation beyond repute conundrum has a reputation beyond repute conundrum has a reputation beyond repute conundrum has a reputation beyond repute conundrum has a reputation beyond repute conundrum has a reputation beyond repute conundrum has a reputation beyond repute conundrum has a reputation beyond repute conundrum has a reputation beyond repute conundrum has a reputation beyond repute conundrum has a reputation beyond repute

I guess they are implemening it in stages. Now it is for GC holder, maybe in a few years everyone including citizens might have to be fingerprinted.
I-485: Notice Date - Sept 11, 2007
RFE: Aug 03, 2008
Responded to RFE: Aug 26, 2008
LUD: Case resumed - Aug 28, 2008
Soft LUD: Sept 03, 2008; Spet 04, 2008
I-485 Approval Notice - Dec 11, 2008
Card Production Ordered - Dec 11, 2008
Card Received - Dec 19, 2008

Old 01-27-2009, 08:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
solaris27 is infamous around these parts solaris27 is infamous around these parts solaris27 is infamous around these parts solaris27 is infamous around these parts
Default for security

they just want to secure us and as a gc hholder i don't have any problem.

but do they have resource ?

Old 01-27-2009, 11:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute

Why people are so much furious about even finger printing? It is one of the security related regulations and how does it hurt most of us (those who are not planning to be a criminal or allow somebodyelse to enter usa with our GC/visa)?

Old 01-27-2009, 11:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/09/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold

Just be patient and allow them to do watever they want, finger print, leg print, mouth print or any print..... all they can do is just for 5 years after that you are citizen then whatever applies to otehrs apply for you.........

So just go with the flow....

If they say they will give GC tomorrow, i am ready to give finger prints daily also

Old 01-27-2009, 11:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute

I do not mind giving finger prints any number of time, but first give me my green card pls...

Old 01-27-2009, 12:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcdreamer05 View Post
Just be patient and allow them to do watever they want, finger print, leg print, mouth print or any print..... all they can do is just for 5 years after that you are citizen then whatever applies to otehrs apply for you.........

If they say they will give GC tomorrow, i am ready to give finger prints daily also
Never let anyone discriminate you.
When the holocaust happened, Jews were actually in denial.

And even if you are doing it, dont say it is OK.
bcos it is NOT OK.

Old 01-27-2009, 02:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of
Default It will continue always... until u die...

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog View Post
Never let anyone discriminate you.
When the holocaust happened, Jews were actually in denial.

And even if you are doing it, dont say it is OK.
bcos it is NOT OK.
Once you get citizenship it will say all naturalized citizens will need to give FP.. So we'll always be descriminated.. Live with it.. But its NOT OKAY... and we shouldn't accept it even it we cooperate (no choice here :-)) its still not acceptable to get descrminated... anyone and everone is a potential threat.. so make a more sensible and humane rule/law...

Old 01-27-2009, 02:33 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute
Default very funny

fully agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcdreamer05 View Post

- Member of MI IV Chapter
- Contributing $25 monthly since 2007
- Several one-time contributions totalling over $1,500
- Participated in ALL Advocacy Efforts in Washington DC & San Jose since JUL 2007
- I am doing my part, have you done yours to advance our mutual cause?

* If you have the Faith of a Mustard Seed You can say to the Mountain 'Be Moved', and it WILL be Moved!!

** Faith without Action is Futile.

- The Bible