Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Towards Citizenship > Life after Greencard
Click to log in with Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2011, 12:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Compare
InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future

If you decide to naturalize and fill out the N-400, this log will make your life much easier!

You won't have to decipher the haphazardly located and possibly unreadable stamps in one or multiple passports.

Secondly, if you visit Canada and return, there is no stamp in the PP as the PP is not required for Canadian visits from the US (I have made several and do not have a single stamp in the PP - never needed to present it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcmangtai View Post
First BIG thanks for putting this detailed list of DOs and DONTs.
Question related to # 5. Passports have stamps of when a county is entered US or visiting/home country. I guess my question is, is there any reason/advantage maintaining a seperate log except it would be handy?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheMoment View Post
If you decide to naturalize and fill out the N-400, this log will make your life much easier!

You won't have to decipher the haphazardly located and possibly unreadable stamps in one or multiple passports.

Secondly, if you visit Canada and return, there is no stamp in the PP as the PP is not required for Canadian visits from the US (I have made several and do not have a single stamp in the PP - never needed to present it)
Canada thing certainly makes sense... Thanks InTheMoment!

Old 07-22-2011, 12:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB1A
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/16/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheMoment View Post
great point indeed !
Donated $200 (after receiving Green Card)
US Citizen Sep '14

Old 07-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Compare
tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute

Just curious ..

Like in H1B , do we need to be working all the time ..??? In h1B there is time gap of 10 days to look for another job…does this exist with GC to ..???

Is there is limit in how many hours/week we can work when we do multiple jobs ?

We have two futures; future of desire and future of faith. Man has not learnt to reconcile both.

Old 07-22-2011, 03:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/30/2004
Compare
nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabletpc View Post
Just curious ..

Like in H1B , do we need to be working all the time ..??? In h1B there is time gap of 10 days to look for another job…does this exist with GC to ..???

Is there is limit in how many hours/week we can work when we do multiple jobs ?
Nope. No requirement that you need to be working all the time. In fact, if you are laid off, you can collect unemployement also from Govt

There is no limit in hours. You can work multiple jobs and in any job that is no longer relevant to your labor based on GC.

You are free from all restrictions, except for to be in USA at least for 6 months or more to maintain continuous residency.

Thanks

Old 07-24-2011, 09:02 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute
Default # 6 Update

For #6 : About keeping all documentation of arrests and citations. The following rule applies.

if you have been arrested or convicted of a crime, you must send a certified copy of the arrest report, court disposition, sentencing and any other relevant documents, including any countervailing evidence concerning the circumstances of your arrest or conviction that you would like USCIS to consider. Note that unless a traffic incident was alcohol or drug related, you do not need to submit documentation for traffic fines and incidents that did not involve an actual arrest if the only penalty was a fine of less than $500 or points on your driver's license.