Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Towards Citizenship > Life after Greencard
Click to log in with Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 06:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chiraj has a spectacular aura about chiraj has a spectacular aura about chiraj has a spectacular aura about
Post Employment after Green Card

I got my green card last year 2008. I am have been on /off with my pay roll’s. I am still with my Green card sponsored company.

I am getting employment opportunity from other companies. I want to change to new employer.

But at the same time I don’t want to jeopardize my N-400(Citizenship). I know that I have to be with the GC Sponsored Company for 6 months – 1year minimum. My question is

How does USCIS consider 6mon - 1yr ? Is it Pay roll wise (or) the length of contract with the employer…?

Can any body thow some light on it….

Last edited by chiraj; 04-28-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2009, 11:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/06/2007
Compare
yestogc has a spectacular aura about yestogc has a spectacular aura about yestogc has a spectacular aura about

If you got your GC (from labor to 485) from your current employer (whom you want to leave) then you are fine no issues, leave him anytime.

Why people suggest 6 months to 1 year is so that there is no intent of fraud, you basically have to work for sponsoring company at some stage of your GC , if not then atleast after that.

Citizenship has nothing to do with Payroll.

Old 05-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chiraj has a spectacular aura about chiraj has a spectacular aura about chiraj has a spectacular aura about
Lightbulb change of employer after GC

Do we have to Submit our W2's

Old 05-01-2009, 04:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
kittu1991 is a jewel in the rough kittu1991 is a jewel in the rough kittu1991 is a jewel in the rough
Default Is that true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yestogc View Post
If you got your GC (from labor to 485) from your current employer (whom you want to leave) then you are fine no issues, leave him anytime.

Why people suggest 6 months to 1 year is so that there is no intent of fraud, you basically have to work for sponsoring company at some stage of your GC , if not then atleast after that.

Citizenship has nothing to do with Payroll.
Are saying that if I have worked for the GC sponsoring company for the last 10 years, I can leave them the next day I get my GC, without any trouble at citizenship stage. And there is fraud.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

After getting Green card you need to work with the GC Sponsored Company for 6 months – 1year minimum so that you wont have problem at tihe time of Citizenship

I am have been on /off with my pay roll’s. I am still with my Green card sponsored company.
It’s almost 9 months since i got my GC. At the time of citizenship
How does USCIS verify the length of stay with the petition employer? Are they going to see the pay stubs or Length of the stay or a letter from employer….

Last edited by chiraj; 05-01-2009 at 10:15 PM.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:57 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiraj View Post
After getting Green card you need to work with the GC Sponsored Company for 6 months – 1year minimum so that you wont have problem at tihe time of Citizenship

I am have been on /off with my pay roll’s. I am still with my Green card sponsored company.
It’s almost 9 months since i got my GC. At the time of citizenship
How does USCIS verify the length of stay with the petition employer? Are they going to see the pay stubs or Length of the stay or a letter from employer….
come on man. dont think too much. If you are with him already for nine months after GC...whats your issue now.