Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Towards Citizenship > Life after Greencard
Click to log in with Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 04:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Actually this is the problem. It is a typical forum conversation or someone playing to the crowd to gain publicity. All it takes is blame the agency, create fear and confusion. Why?

Why can't we question everything, ask for proof and do our own research before accepting anything?
I understand what you mean. 95% of the Information I have regarding immigration is from forums, most of which could have arised out of someone playing the crowd to gain publicity.

I like to question everything, but don't know who to ask for proof and really don't even know where to begin my research. So far forums is the best place where I have found information. Official government sites only chalk down rules... Rules with technical jargons which are so hard to understand. Even my attorney says at times that these rules can be interpreted in any way. Hence the fear and confusion... and the short race back to forums.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2013, 05:13 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_aswani View Post
I understand what you mean. 95% of the Information I have regarding immigration is from forums, most of which could have arised out of someone playing the crowd to gain publicity.

I like to question everything, but don't know who to ask for proof and really don't even know where to begin my research. So far forums is the best place where I have found information. Official government sites only chalk down rules... Rules with technical jargons which are so hard to understand. Even my attorney says at times that these rules can be interpreted in any way. Hence the fear and confusion... and the short race back to forums.
If I we paying or some professional is handling paperwork that is so critical to our lives, there seems no harm in questing it and seeking more information. Why should we take everything blindly. If you ask people to share experiences of their screw ups in applications, we might get many to tell their tale. Often times answer is available if we search on google, get the exact memo, rule of DOL or USCIS or read the specific section law ourselves. We will be better equipped to deal with our applications and some work can be done ourselves saving us hard earned money.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 03-01-2013, 06:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
If I we paying or some professional is handling paperwork that is so critical to our lives, there seems no harm in questing it and seeking more information. Why should we take everything blindly. If you ask people to share experiences of their screw ups in applications, we might get many to tell their tale. Often times answer is available if we search on google, get the exact memo, rule of DOL or USCIS or read the specific section law ourselves. We will be better equipped to deal with our applications and some work can be done ourselves saving us hard earned money.
How true! Guess I will see things in a new light from now on. Makes perfect sense. Thx.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute

Good news..Don't worry about what to do next..things will happen for good . Take a long vacation and chill out.

I am happy for you and for myself too ( Why cos one more application done so my number inches I guess 1 donkey week closer.)

BTW donkey week is my comparison to speed of light (light years)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailoor View Post
Hello All IV members,

Received my GC after 12+ yrs of journey.

Nov 2000 - Applied Labor from Employer 1
May 2001 - Changed Employer
Mar 2002 - ReStarted the GC process
Nov 2002 - Applied Labor - EB3 category
July 2007 - Filed the I-485
Sept 2007 - Received the first EAD and AP.
Nov 2008 - Changed the Employer again
Sept 2010 - Changed Employer again
Aug 2012 - Reapplied 4th set of AP and EAD card.
Feb 2013 - Received GC.

After waiting for 12+ yrs and going through multiple stages/process/employers/cities, there was NO much ENTHU / EXCITEMENT when I received the GC card.

Now, I need to really think, what is that I really need to achieve by having the GC for which I waited so long ?.

Wish you ALL good wishes for your GC wait.

I will be part of this team/group forever.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
AKH is on a distinguished road

I am in a same boat as you.. Priority Date - Nov 22nd EB2 India..

Old 03-01-2013, 10:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
AKH is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKH View Post
I am in a same boat as you.. Priority Date - Nov 22nd EB2 India..
sorry Typo - I meant Priority Date - Nov 22nd 2002 EB3..

Old 03-02-2013, 02:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/06/2013
Compare
SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute

I got text and email today, Sat March 2, 2013 stating that the EAD & AP have been approved and card production has been ordered.

One step more closer to the GREEEEEEN Light.
I140 Receipt Date:Jul 26, '07
I140 Approved Date:Apr 8, '08
2nd I140 Receipt Date:Jul 22, '11
I140 RFE Date:Mar 6, '12
I140 Approved Date:May 23, '12
I-485 Mailed Date:Feb 6, '13 Finally
I-485 Receipt Date:Feb 7, '13
I-485 Notice Date:Feb 12, '13
EAD & Advance Parole Approval:Mar 2, '13
EAD & Advance Parole Combo Card Recd Date:Mar 8, '13 (valid for 1 year)
Finger Print Notice date:Mar 29, '13

Old 03-05-2013, 02:52 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunil9911 is infamous around these parts sunil9911 is infamous around these parts sunil9911 is infamous around these parts sunil9911 is infamous around these parts sunil9911 is infamous around these parts sunil9911 is infamous around these parts sunil9911 is infamous around these parts sunil9911 is infamous around these parts sunil9911 is infamous around these parts sunil9911 is infamous around these parts sunil9911 is infamous around these parts
Default You are better warrior than GAJINI MOHAMMED

Congrats, you proved that you are better warrior than GAJINI MOHAMMED who tried 18 times.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
deecha is on a distinguished road

The real moron here was Prithviraj Chauhan who let GAJINI MOHAMMED attack 17 times and didn't kill him the first time and on the 18th time got humiliated and killed by him ! How stupid is that ?

This is a lesson to be learned for all Indians and stop being to passive and scared and grow a backbone to fight against oppression and injustice.

Do unto others before they can do unto you ! <--- Quote from Jesus Christ himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil9911 View Post
Congrats, you proved that you are better warrior than GAJINI MOHAMMED who tried 18 times.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Mirage_GC is infamous around these parts Mirage_GC is infamous around these parts Mirage_GC is infamous around these parts Mirage_GC is infamous around these parts Mirage_GC is infamous around these parts Mirage_GC is infamous around these parts Mirage_GC is infamous around these parts Mirage_GC is infamous around these parts Mirage_GC is infamous around these parts
Exclamation Amen!

In traditional lobbying I have noticed that the front end staff sits with the IV volunteers from the US Congressional Offices.

They are not policy stalwarts, and hence we have no clue on how the Senators and Representatives are thinking.

The right first approach is to request a meeting of several Senators and Representatives in a big town-hall setting and then get their feel.

Right now it is a tug of war between the lo-skilled undocumented and overstays, and the hi-skilled queued up. And, the ratio is 11-19 million (Wikipedia) lo-skilled to 1 million hi-skilled workers.

IV should consider sponsoring a Town Hall of Capitol Hill Leaders during the advocacy days. If no to lo response that would reset the gauge of expectations from the CIR.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
istrategist is a splendid one to behold istrategist is a splendid one to behold istrategist is a splendid one to behold istrategist is a splendid one to behold istrategist is a splendid one to behold istrategist is a splendid one to behold istrategist is a splendid one to behold istrategist is a splendid one to behold
Default Correct quote

The correct wording is "Do to others as you would have them do to you." - not what you said below... In a nutshell that means: treat others as you would like to be treated
Luke 6:31 NIV - Do to others as you would have them do - Bible Gateway

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecha View Post

Do unto others before they can do unto you ! <--- Quote from Jesus Christ himself.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2004
Compare
GC_Govinda is infamous around these parts GC_Govinda is infamous around these parts GC_Govinda is infamous around these parts GC_Govinda is infamous around these parts GC_Govinda is infamous around these parts GC_Govinda is infamous around these parts GC_Govinda is infamous around these parts GC_Govinda is infamous around these parts GC_Govinda is infamous around these parts GC_Govinda is infamous around these parts GC_Govinda is infamous around these parts
Default If not for the July/Aug 2007 visa bulletin Fiasco you could have got in 2008.

But that is what that ill fated bulletin did to many EB3-I applicants whose PD was in year 2002. Many of those could be applying for Citizenship - if not every one was made current!!
But, in the end, it helped many others too !!!

Old 03-10-2013, 11:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I was trying to be subtly sarcastic, but I guess you didn't catch that one. What I was saying is that if someone is out to harm you, defend yourself first (sometimes by harming them first, if the enemy isn't capable of mercy or humanity).

Either way the first reference to the Golden rule is from the book of Matthew, Chapter 7 and verse 12 from the new Testament.

(Disclaimer: I am not a Christian, nor am I a religious person).

Quote:
Originally Posted by istrategist View Post
The correct wording is "Do to others as you would have them do to you." - not what you said below... In a nutshell that means: treat others as you would like to be treated
Luke 6:31 NIV - Do to others as you would have them do - Bible Gateway

Old 03-11-2013, 07:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecha View Post
The real moron here was Prithviraj Chauhan who let GAJINI MOHAMMED attack 17 times and didn't kill him the first time and on the 18th time got humiliated and killed by him ! How stupid is that ?

This is a lesson to be learned for all Indians and stop being to passive and scared and grow a backbone to fight against oppression and injustice.

That was Mohammad Ghori not Gazni.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I stand corrected.

In defence of Prithviraj though, he did end up killing Ghori even though he was captured and blinded by Ghori. :-) I guess every cloud has a silver lining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BharatPremi View Post
That was Mohammad Ghori not Gazni.