Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Towards Citizenship > Life after Greencard
Click to log in with Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 03:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Greened after 12+ years.....

Hello All IV members,

Received my GC after 12+ yrs of journey.

Nov 2000 - Applied Labor from Employer 1
May 2001 - Changed Employer
Mar 2002 - ReStarted the GC process
Nov 2002 - Applied Labor - EB3 category
July 2007 - Filed the I-485
Sept 2007 - Received the first EAD and AP.
Nov 2008 - Changed the Employer again
Sept 2010 - Changed Employer again
Aug 2012 - Reapplied 4th set of AP and EAD card.
Feb 2013 - Received GC.

After waiting for 12+ yrs and going through multiple stages/process/employers/cities, there was NO much ENTHU / EXCITEMENT when I received the GC card.

Now, I need to really think, what is that I really need to achieve by having the GC for which I waited so long ?.

Wish you ALL good wishes for your GC wait.

I will be part of this team/group forever.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gulute is a splendid one to behold gulute is a splendid one to behold gulute is a splendid one to behold gulute is a splendid one to behold gulute is a splendid one to behold gulute is a splendid one to behold gulute is a splendid one to behold
Default Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailoor View Post
Hello All IV members,

Old 02-25-2013, 03:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of
Default Congrats

Congrats.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:05 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations. Good to see someone's wait in EB3I finally getting over.

People in line for a long time understand what it means to wait. HR3012 would have removed such discrimination if it was passed last year. Hopefully we should get something done this year to help many with endless wait.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 02-25-2013 at 04:11 PM.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hello All IV members,

Feb 2013 - Received GC.

After waiting for 12+ yrs and going through multiple stages/process/employers/cities, there was NO much ENTHU / EXCITEMENT when I received the GC card.

Now, I need to really think, what is that I really need to achieve by having the GC for which I waited so long ?.

Congrats!

Quote:

As for this, you changed the job twice with EAD. So you were already out of the hook for the issue that many people have, changing jobs when needed. So now GC gives you the same with thrust! Nothing more. Enjoy it anyways :-)

btw, did you use AC21 when changing jobs? What is the requirement here, when changing job on EAD and with no porting?

Old 02-25-2013, 04:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute

Well, you get to stand in a different line when entering the USA

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations. Hope you put the GC to good use.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Congrats..

This problem is like, "I forgot why I entered this room.. what was I looking for?". Hope you resolve it soon and forget your limbo state, and come out with all canons blowing!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold vijay_aswani is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk_2000 View Post
Congrats..

This problem is like, "I forgot why I entered this room.. what was I looking for?". Hope you resolve it soon and forget your limbo state, and come out with all canons blowing!
Lol, maybe he can wait for a few years and then stand in the citizen's line

Old 02-25-2013, 06:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!!!
Happy for you!

Go out and celebrate!

best way to celebrate is:: Do something good for self, for your people and for complete strangers as well :-)

Donated: $100 so far.
Done AI for HR3012 as well/Do.
Donated 11K airlines miles

Old 02-25-2013, 07:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future
Default Congrats :)

as Pappu said I am happy to see one of our EB3I Bro getting a GC - Hey you are out of "same or similar" rut - you can be anyone you want to be Man (pep talk ) - manager or director go work for any company or work for multiple jobs or start your own Biz - in worst condition you can work for Mcdonalds or get unemployment , I guess you can go to Mexico without stamping a visa - so my firend celeberate

Old 02-25-2013, 07:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Mirage_GC is infamous around these parts Mirage_GC is infamous around these parts Mirage_GC is infamous around these parts Mirage_GC is infamous around these parts Mirage_GC is infamous around these parts Mirage_GC is infamous around these parts Mirage_GC is infamous around these parts Mirage_GC is infamous around these parts Mirage_GC is infamous around these parts
Angry Exhausted? Time to entertain!

Quote:

Now, I need to really think, what is that I really need to achieve by having the GC for which I waited so long ?
This is the cost benefit analysis or risk/reward ratio that I have touched upon on my thread. A Green Card line, like a post office line, are very similar. If the line at the PO is long, we just don't care to mail, or if mail is important, we don't see the line.

Again, both the PO and the GC are means to an end, not an end in itself.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage_GC View Post
This is the cost benefit analysis or risk/reward ratio that I have touched upon on my thread. A Green Card line, like a post office line, are very similar. If the line at the PO is long, we just don't care to mail, or if mail is important, we don't see the line.

Again, both the PO and the GC are means to an end, not an end in itself.
Door banaayi thi manzil To raste mein hi shaam hui ... this is our story .. except that someone else moved our destination..

Old 02-25-2013, 08:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future
Thumbs up

Congrats! I cannot even begin to imagine the wait time you went through. Nobody should have to wait so long. Hope you continue the support whatever way you can.

Congrats again!

Old 02-26-2013, 07:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Quote:
Hello All IV members,

Feb 2013 - Received GC.

Hearty Congratulations!!! yes, it is nice to see someone in EB3 getting GC. It is good that you started to think again on your future goals. That is the first step to begin.
I wish you success in future endeavors!!!