Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Towards Citizenship > Life after Greencard
Click to log in with Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2014, 11:23 PM
Donor/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/04/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
coopheal has a reputation beyond repute coopheal has a reputation beyond repute coopheal has a reputation beyond repute coopheal has a reputation beyond repute coopheal has a reputation beyond repute coopheal has a reputation beyond repute coopheal has a reputation beyond repute coopheal has a reputation beyond repute coopheal has a reputation beyond repute coopheal has a reputation beyond repute coopheal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Traveling Thru UK - Have gone out of airport without transit visa

Has anyone recently gone thru UK and have gone out of airport without transit visa.

I looking to book a flight which has 12 hours of transit time at LHR. Would i would be allowed to got out of the airport?

Old 05-26-2014, 06:45 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/21/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopheal View Post
Has anyone recently gone thru UK and have gone out of airport without transit visa.

I looking to book a flight which has 12 hours of transit time at LHR. Would i would be allowed to got out of the airport?
If you are traveling on AP then you need it. As long as you have a GC or a valid visa stamped in your passport you are good. Otherwise they won't even let you board your flight in the US.
If its too much hassle then just cancel this one and fly emirates or Cathay. At the end of the day the difference between getting the transit visa and just cancelation feesvwill probably land up being maybe 50 bucks.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2014, 09:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2012
Compare
krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketkapur View Post
If you are traveling on AP then you need it. As long as you have a GC or a valid visa stamped in your passport you are good. Otherwise they won't even let you board your flight in the US.
If its too much hassle then just cancel this one and fly emirates or Cathay. At the end of the day the difference between getting the transit visa and just cancelation feesvwill probably land up being maybe 50 bucks.
Even with GC or valid US Visa, one cannot go out of the airport (that's what OP wants to do). OP, if you are a citizen of India, you need a visa to step out of airport. If you have a valid US Visa OR GC, you can transit through Heathrow but cannot step out of the airport.