Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   Life after Greencard (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum95-life-after-greencard/)
-   -   Carry GC in your wallet/purse ?? (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum95-life-after-greencard/539286-carry-gc-in-your-wallet-purse.html)

rb_248 09-10-2009 08:23 PM

Carry GC in your wallet/purse ??

Friends,

Are we required to carry GC with us all the time ? :confused:

My attorney says we must. What if I lose it or damage it ? Can we carry a photocopy ?

McLuvin 09-10-2009 08:29 PM

Its not a problem dude...

You can either carry it with you or make a color photocopy (like how we used to do with our indian license) or just shove it up ur A$S....

Dude are you trying to rub salt????

BR

485Mbe4001 09-10-2009 08:29 PM

Dude, if i had a GC i would hang it on my neck like flavor flav 24/7.... :)

anyways, congrats on your GC

return_to_india 09-10-2009 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rb_248 (Post 874800)
Friends,

My attorney says we must. What if I lose it or damage it ? Can we carry a photocopy ?

Yes, the rule is to carry the original. If lost, apply for a new one. So, i preached.
I never carry it, one day one immigration officer is going to catch me and grill me.

rb_248 09-10-2009 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karthik.sankarasubbu (Post 874801)

You can either carry it with you or make a color photocopy (like how we used to do with our indian license) or just shove it up ur A$S....

BR

Karthik - That was a genuine question. I lose a lot of stuff. So, I had to ask. May be my timing was not good with VB releasing today and all. I am not trying to rub salt. Anyways, good luck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 485Mbe4001 (Post 874802)
Dude, if i had a GC i would hang it on my neck like flavor flav 24/7.... :)

anyways, congrats on your GC

Ha ha ha ..... that's funny and thanks.

hebbar77 09-10-2009 08:55 PM

If I had one I would keep it in a bank locker... to make sure I dont loose it:mad:

Ramba 09-10-2009 09:07 PM

As per law, one must always carry the original GC with them, like DL. You can see this instruction in 485 approval notice/welcome letter. I am doing it.

InTheMoment 09-10-2009 09:08 PM

I haven't and don't plan to in the future to carry it in my wallet like my DL...considering where I live.

I just have my A# memorized...but maybe those who travel in Border areas or usual Border Patrol checkpoints or frequent travelers might have to.

sledge_hammer 09-10-2009 09:11 PM

1. When you were a student did you carry your I-20 with you all the time?
2. When you were on H-1B did you carry it around?

If your answer is yes, then do carry your GC too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rb_248 (Post 874800)
Friends,

patiently_waiting 09-10-2009 09:24 PM

It is so pathetic that there are so much people waiting in EB3-I category.

This Guy just applied in Dec 2004 and got GC. His question is whether i need to carry ?

it is only karma.

GCNirvana007 09-11-2009 01:02 AM

Technically we are supposed to carry our original passport and visa papers, how many of us do it.

Personally i dont and i dont think they gonna make you accountable for that.

Ennada 09-11-2009 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patiently_waiting (Post 875056)
It is so pathetic that there are so much people waiting in EB3-I category.

This Guy just applied in Dec 2004 and got GC. His question is whether i need to carry ?

it is only karma.

I feel for you buddy. You can't be hating the player....you got to hate the game. This is exactly how I felt when 2006 PDs were getting approved last year. You are totally right....GC depends on your Karma.

trramesh 09-11-2009 12:33 PM

Why this hatred?

Quote:

BR

Someone told me that taking color photocopy of PR is illegal just like you cannot take color photocopy of currency. Maybe a B&W copy is an alternative.

Btw, why is this hatred towards someone that just walked out of the queue? Blame the system, not the poor individuals who have also waited like everybody else. Instead of venting out on innocent people, do something constructive to help yourself and others. As a donor, pls post responsibly. Guys, give me red if it is wrong to say that.

bobzibub 09-11-2009 01:38 PM

Then the law is an ass.

How 'bout when you're swimming?

sdrblr 09-11-2009 01:53 PM

Nobody is rubbing salt out here. It is all about perception. Dont blame the individual for that.

If you cannot tolerate reading such posts, please do not read those. The title was VERY SPECIFIC about the content.

Quote:

BR