Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Towards Citizenship > Life after Greencard
Click to log in with Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 06:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
mrb98688 is on a distinguished road
Default Submit I-94 upon departure from U.S.?

I have recently received my green card (Sep '09). I was on my 6th year of H1-B which expires in Jan 2010. I have always travelled on my H1-B and received an I-94 every time I have entered the U.S.. I obtained my last I-94 in June '09, which is currently stapled on to my passport.

My question: Do I have to submit the current I-94 to the airline when I leave the U.S. next?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb98688 View Post
I have recently received my green card (Sep '09). I was on my 6th year of H1-B which expires in Jan 2010. I have always travelled on my H1-B and received an I-94 every time I have entered the U.S.. I obtained my last I-94 in June '09, which is currently stapled on to my passport.

My question: Do I have to submit the current I-94 to the airline when I leave the U.S. next?
no. your uscis record will be updated automatically. I-94 is only used to determine how long you stayed in the country between each entry and exit. once you get the GC, you are no longer required to have an I-94.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
mrb98688 is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks

Thanks for your replies.

I think the best course of action would be explain my situation and ask the airlines upon departure if they want the I-94. I am sure they must have come across similar cases. Personally, I would feel more comfortable if the airlines take the I-94 from me, but we shall see at the airport.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks for your replies.

I think the best course of action would be explain my situation and ask the airlines upon departure if they want the I-94. I am sure they must have come across similar cases. Personally, I would feel more comfortable if the airlines take the I-94 from me, but we shall see at the airport.
Just show your passport with I-94, they will usually take it - if not, ask them to take it; some airline counter geniuses don't understand what you are trying to convey, so don't explain anything

Old 10-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Compare
InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future

Quote:

Your current I-94 has no value, so just keep it with you for records. Whether you give or not, it has no effect as the document is null and void since you got your status adjusted to LPR!

The airlines would hardly care if you give it to them or not. Eitherways, there is no reason to give it them either.

Old 10-15-2009, 10:21 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future
Default Yes

I-94 have no value after getting the GC.
I did traveled to India this year for the first time after getting the GC. I didn't submit anything. Behaved like a normal GC person. Shown the GC to the airline. All my I-94 is at home.
After GC, I did tried to forget about H1B, I-94 nightmares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheMoment View Post
Your current I-94 has no value, so just keep it with you for records. Whether you give or not, it has no effect as the document is null and void since you got your status adjusted to LPR!

The airlines would hardly care if you give it to them or not. Eitherways, there is no reason to give it them either.