Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Towards Citizenship > Life after Greencard
Click to log in with Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of
Default Excellent idea for a feature film - What Next?

Sooner or later many of us will find ourselves at the same crossroads in life. It's easy to say "What? Me? No way! Never! I'm way too smarter than that... ". But after you realize that the best years of your life have passed you by in the hopeless chase of a green card, when you do finally get it your mojo to go out and rule the world simply isn't there any more. The creativity is gone. And so has the inspiration.

Yes, you've been assimilated to a certain way of life! You exist, but don't live. And unfortunately the ideas that make a Twitter or a Facebook or a YouTube simply don't seem to be making that connection with your brains any more.

That's when you ask yourself. I"ve got this green card. What next?

Sounds like an excellent theme for a feature film. Any volunteers? Budding scriptwriters?

OK - back to your sand castles and believing green card is the holy grail.

jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomachan72 View Post
Of all the posts that were out there, for "some" reason this is the one that really caught my attention.
Come on guys, some of you are yelling at this poor guy. He/she is in a desperate situation.
He/she has a GC and is now confused about what to do. You will also notice that he/she has a job in a job scarce place like Detroit and is confused about that too. How much desperate an individual can be and we guys (atleast some of us) are bashing this person?? Now pretty soon he/she will start a business and............ OH yeah....then what??? So will we bash him/her then too?? Show some pity to this poor discontent soul. All that is being sought for in this initial post is a bit of compasion and pity. We should be willing to donate that. Remember that he/she is also well poised to come to your door step and kick some part of the body denoted by the code ###. so we have to take that too into consideration too.
Anyway the bottom line is "some souls are always destined to be happy and they spread that wherever they go". I chose not to say the opposite.
Best of luck on your business (whenever you start that) and then???
Proud member of IV California/NorCal
I was in Washington, D.C.

on Sep 18th 2007

---------------------------------------------

Last edited by JazzByTheBay; 10-22-2009 at 04:25 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-22-2009, 05:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hebbar77 is just really nice hebbar77 is just really nice hebbar77 is just really nice hebbar77 is just really nice hebbar77 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomachan72 View Post
Serious but still very funny reply. Particularly the segment about "feeling like retired". You are absolutely right. I met a friend recently who got greened and now he cannot sleep due to fear of being layed off. Living in the US without a decent job is the mose terrifying aspect I guess. Anyway best of luck to those who are feeling retired with a green card in hand.
Yes sir, You must reside in US for 6 months in a year to maintain GC and without job one could do the math. With the cost of flying one would stay in US if he were to loose job!!