Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Towards Citizenship > US Citizenship and its issues
Click to log in with Facebook
View Poll Results: Help reduce the 5 year wait
Yes I can help and donate $25 or more to this cause 26 70.27%
Yes I can help but I am unable to donate money 11 29.73%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/03/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/03/2005
Compare
gctest is infamous around these parts gctest is infamous around these parts gctest is infamous around these parts gctest is infamous around these parts gctest is infamous around these parts gctest is infamous around these parts gctest is infamous around these parts gctest is infamous around these parts gctest is infamous around these parts gctest is infamous around these parts
Default Reduction of the stipulated 5 yr wait

What can we do to reduce the five yr wait that is necessary before one can apply for citizenship.

Friends/EBs.. we need to get going on this. You might be stuck now.. but one day you will be approved.. and any effort we put here will be useful in you getting your citizenship that much faster

Please vote on the poll.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2004
Compare
anshuman is infamous around these parts anshuman is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apume View Post
Join US military, it reduces to 1.5 years...
or merry a us citizen, it reduces the wait to 3 years.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:48 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Georgia
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
geogeo is on a distinguished road

so... I waited for four years before my employer started the permanent residency process. Don't ask me what they were doing before that. They were starting the process for four years. Well they started and the PERM is pending and it will be pending for how long is up in the air.

After reading this forum I understand people have been waiting 3-4 years for labor certification. 2 more years are needed to get the actual green card and 5 more years to get the citizenship. So, I will be hitting 50 by the time I will be US citizen??? OMG!

As an H1B holder of 'extraordinary abilities', with two masters digrees.. I have been serving my term for a salary of a security guard. Can it get worse than that? Ha ha ha

Old 11-20-2008, 09:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2008
Compare
kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogeo View Post
so... I waited for four years before my employer started the permanent residency process. Don't ask me what they were doing before that. They were starting the process for four years. Well they started and the PERM is pending and it will be pending for how long is up in the air.

After reading this forum I understand people have been waiting 3-4 years for labor certification. 2 more years are needed to get the actual green card and 5 more years to get the citizenship. So, I will be hitting 50 by the time I will be US citizen??? OMG!

As an H1B holder of 'extraordinary abilities', with two masters digrees.. I have been serving my term for a salary of a security guard. Can it get worse than that? Ha ha ha
And then you will be glorified in American media (some local newspaper) as american dream come true and how hard you struggled but never gave up. And how generous the country was to you to grant citizenship and make you feel one of her citizens. I aint putting up with any of this crap.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
n_2006 has much to be proud of n_2006 has much to be proud of n_2006 has much to be proud of n_2006 has much to be proud of n_2006 has much to be proud of n_2006 has much to be proud of n_2006 has much to be proud of n_2006 has much to be proud of
Default Now I understand why you got all those reds

Now I understand why you got all those reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by gctest View Post
What can we do to reduce the five yr wait that is necessary before one can apply for citizenship.

Friends/EBs.. we need to get going on this. You might be stuck now.. but one day you will be approved.. and any effort we put here will be useful in you getting your citizenship that much faster

Please vote on the poll.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:05 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Georgia
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
geogeo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshitijnt View Post
And then you will be glorified in American media (some local newspaper) as american dream come true and how hard you struggled but never gave up. And how generous the country was to you to grant citizenship and make you feel one of her citizens. I aint putting up with any of this crap.
haha! exactly! The more I live in this blessed country the more I realize that immigrants are shouldering the worst of all. My education and honors and whatever not, would be enough for several people. Nevertheless, here I am, working my arse off for a plumber's salary and thanking GOD every day for this opportunity.
But again, life is the choices we make

Old 08-14-2009, 09:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
GCNirvana007 has a spectacular aura about GCNirvana007 has a spectacular aura about GCNirvana007 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
now this one cracked me up

Old 08-14-2009, 01:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/28/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogeo View Post
haha! exactly! The more I live in this blessed country the more I realize that immigrants are shouldering the worst of all. My education and honors and whatever not, would be enough for several people. Nevertheless, here I am, working my arse off for a plumber's salary and thanking GOD every day for this opportunity.
But again, life is the choices we make
Very true Uncle Sam neither invited us nor promised GCs within a short period.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2006
Compare
BECsufferer is infamous around these parts BECsufferer is infamous around these parts BECsufferer is infamous around these parts BECsufferer is infamous around these parts BECsufferer is infamous around these parts BECsufferer is infamous around these parts
Default So said the truth ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus777 View Post
Very true Uncle Sam neither invited us nor promised GCs within a short period.
Very true ... GC/ Citizenship is a privielage not a right, unless you are born in USA. Let's stop ranting about how highly qualified one is and how miserable your career had been, just beacuse of you not having GC. This is simply an excuse to ones own failures and blaiming others. How did a plumber or security gaurd take away your salary? ... truth is you were weak to ask for raise or not competent to get one.

I know you are going to vent out your furstation by giving me red dots, but little do I care. But remember my bottomline, when you point a finger at someone (thing) three of your own point back at you. If this doesn't work, use "if you spit on sky, it will fall on your face."

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
GCNirvana007 has a spectacular aura about GCNirvana007 has a spectacular aura about GCNirvana007 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BECsufferer View Post
Very true ... GC/ Citizenship is a privielage not a right, unless you are born in USA. Let's stop ranting about how highly qualified one is and how miserable your career had been, just beacuse of you not having GC. This is simply an excuse to ones own failures and blaiming others. How did a plumber or security gaurd take away your salary? ... truth is you were weak to ask for raise or not competent to get one.

I know you are going to vent out your furstation by giving me red dots, but little do I care. But remember my bottomline, when you point a finger at someone (thing) three of your own point back at you. If this doesn't work, use "if you spit on sky, it will fall on your face."
Green/Red is a childish concept, neverthless i gave a green for you bud

Old 09-06-2009, 04:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute

Right on man, the longer you wait for your GC the more respect you get from the immigration community, lets say you get your GC after 15yrs, people will say, enjoy your GC, it was worth the wait !!!, when you see that happening, you questions your choices and analyze others for their decision to come here. As long as the dollar is the reserve currency, people will flood here, wait for eons, if not perish and burn waiting for the GC, and the altruistic corporations will squeeze every last piece of blood/happiness out of you, posthumously you will be seen as a ideal immigrant, unrelenting to the cause of freedom, liberty and happiness

Quote:

Old 09-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
simple1 has a spectacular aura about simple1 has a spectacular aura about
Default part of LTR years must be counted as part of residence requirements.

some countries allow part of LTR years to be counted as part of citizenship "residence requirements". For example in australia.
"Up to three (3) years of temporary residence will count towards the four (4) year residence requirement for citizenship."

We need to convince the law makers to ammend the INA to allow some years (approx 45 months out of 60. like 75% as it is in australia 3 out of 4 years) of LTR years (legal temp residence like h1b, l1b etc) to be counted as part of residence requirements for citizenship.

Atleast some part of AOS/I485 to GC dates are counted.

Last edited by simple1; 09-06-2009 at 09:48 PM.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/22/2006
Compare
Aah_GC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopheal View Post
It is ironic for a person with user ID BECsufferer is saying others should not express there concerns.
There is no irony, he is very right. The only injustice with Indians and Chinese is with the comparison to other countries. After all America belongs to its citizens, they come first before the frigging H1b body shops and outsourcing pimps. Personally, am just grateful to have been a student of American economy and Technology consulting (although there is lot one can do to improve there).

For those who want to give me Red, please do so . I have two words for you .. the first starts with F and the last ends with U.

Contributed $700 and made calls to Senators

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of

Once I485 is approved, It will be nice if I140 approval date can be used to start the clock.
But GC/ Citizenship is a privielage.

Is there per country limits in citizenship process also?

Old 09-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
upconvert is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple1 View Post
some countries allow part of LTR years to be counted as part of citizenship "residence requirements". For example in australia.
"Up to three (3) years of temporary residence will count towards the four (4) year residence requirement for citizenship."

We need to convince the law makers to ammend the INA to allow some years (approx 45 months out of 60. like 75% as it is in australia 3 out of 4 years) of LTR years (legal temp residence like h1b, l1b etc) to be counted as part of residence requirements for citizenship.

Atleast some part of AOS/I485 to GC dates are counted.
Great idea. I will support this. With endless wait for GC, having some portion of the wait time being counted towards citizenship is not too much to ask at all.