Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Towards Citizenship > US Citizenship and its issues
Click to log in with Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2017, 09:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
zrasheed is on a distinguished road
Default Working outside USA with Green Card

Hi,

I am a permanent resident (green card holder). I have a plan to move back to my country but at the same time I like to keep my green card valid until my citizenship.

One of the requirements for US citizenship is that you need to stay at least 30 months between your green card and US citizenship application. I am planning to stay at least 30 months after my green card and then planning to visit US every 6 months just to keep my green card valid.

My question is if I keep my above plan, would there be any problem with my US citizenship application. I also have a small business setup here in USA which I will keep running even if I am outside the US.

I appreciate your comments in this regard.

Best,
ZR
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote