Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Towards Citizenship > US Citizenship and its issues
Click to log in with Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2018, 07:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/05/2006
Compare
GCMangataHai is infamous around these parts GCMangataHai is infamous around these parts GCMangataHai is infamous around these parts GCMangataHai is infamous around these parts
Default My wife forgot to add Employment

My wife applied to citizenship (N-400) 2 weeks ago. She has biometric appointment next week. Unfortunately she did not put detail for one of the part time job from last year. This we realized it today only. We also forget to include W2 from the job which we did not include in N-400 form. Though we have filed taxes with one of her W2. I immediately called my CPA and asked him to file for amendments. I am not sure what are my option for her.

Is it good idea to withdraw application and then correct it and send it again.

Or wait till interview date and try explaining to officer.

Please advice.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-2018, 11:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
IfYouSeekAmy is a jewel in the rough IfYouSeekAmy is a jewel in the rough IfYouSeekAmy is a jewel in the rough IfYouSeekAmy is a jewel in the rough

No need to withdraw and reapply. Just update your copy of the application with the missing details and write a small note describing the oversight and attach that to the application. At the interview let the officer who interviews her about the oversight and handover the updated pages to her. Do this at the very beginning of the interview.

I forgot to include a foreign trip in my application and that was what I did. The officer just took the updated pages and attached them to her copy of the application. No issues.

People make honest mistake and USCIS will not penalize you for them as long as you bring it to their attention before they find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCMangataHai View Post
My wife applied to citizenship (N-400) 2 weeks ago. She has biometric appointment next week. Unfortunately she did not put detail for one of the part time job from last year. This we realized it today only. We also forget to include W2 from the job which we did not include in N-400 form. Though we have filed taxes with one of her W2. I immediately called my CPA and asked him to file for amendments. I am not sure what are my option for her.

Is it good idea to withdraw application and then correct it and send it again.

Or wait till interview date and try explaining to officer.

Please advice.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote