Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Towards Citizenship > Life after citizenship
Click to log in with Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2011, 12:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/09/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/09/2004
Compare
pkak is a splendid one to behold pkak is a splendid one to behold pkak is a splendid one to behold pkak is a splendid one to behold pkak is a splendid one to behold pkak is a splendid one to behold pkak is a splendid one to behold pkak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project_A View Post
I believe India allows 6 months extended validity (beyond the expiration date ) per agreement with courtiers like USA, please check into that by contacting the nearest Indian consulate. Since this arrangement is reciprocal, USA also allows 6 months extended validity for Indian citizens. Google for 9 FAM 41.104 EXHIBIT I.

-Project_A
Yes, if this is true, that is the best option for you. Bear in mind that even if you get the new US passport, you may have to get the PIO card endorsed with the new US passport number, and that looks like one heck of a procedure too....

https://indiavisa.travisaoutsourcing...y-requirements
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2011, 12:37 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
mmillo has much to be proud of mmillo has much to be proud of mmillo has much to be proud of mmillo has much to be proud of mmillo has much to be proud of mmillo has much to be proud of mmillo has much to be proud of mmillo has much to be proud of
Default Pio

That is what I was thinking when I bought the flight ticket.
ďAs long as PIO card is there, Indian Visa is not necessaryĒ
I didnít visit India. Only my daughter and wife. The one which I wrote was practical experience by my family.
I also donít want to discourage gcseeker2002

Old 10-04-2011, 01:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
gcseeker2002 has a spectacular aura about gcseeker2002 has a spectacular aura about gcseeker2002 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmillo View Post
That is what I was thinking when I bought the flight ticket.
ďAs long as PIO card is there, Indian Visa is not necessaryĒ
I didnít visit India. Only my daughter and wife. The one which I wrote was practical experience by my family.
I also donít want to discourage gcseeker2002
mmillo, your case seems to be different than mine, you had a valid passport and PIO but no visa stamping right ? your problem was probably ignorance on part of indian immigration . my kid has used PIO 3 times so far with no issues anytime. i guess it differ for every person who works in indian immigration

Old 12-13-2011, 09:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/09/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/09/2004
Compare
pkak is a splendid one to behold pkak is a splendid one to behold pkak is a splendid one to behold pkak is a splendid one to behold pkak is a splendid one to behold pkak is a splendid one to behold pkak is a splendid one to behold pkak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcseeker2002 View Post
My son's US passport expires in December and he has a PIO valid for few more years. we have a trip planned to India in 2 weeks and suddenly started thinking if my son's US passport needs to be renewed before going to India. We are returning well before the passport expires, so just wanted to ask if anybody else have travelled to India with US passports that were expiring soon and if they had any issues at boarding or immigration in India. TIA .
Hi gcseeker2002,

Please share the experience of your India visit. Did you face any issues because of your son's passport having validity less than 6 months?

Old 12-14-2011, 07:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
gcseeker2002 has a spectacular aura about gcseeker2002 has a spectacular aura about gcseeker2002 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkak View Post
Hi gcseeker2002,

Please share the experience of your India visit. Did you face any issues because of your son's passport having validity less than 6 months?
We had absolutely no problems, we even stopped over in France for a day. We just renewed the passport by regular process, and got it renewed in 2 weeks.

Old 12-14-2011, 11:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/09/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/09/2004
Compare

Thanks gcseeker2002.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcseeker2002 View Post
We just renewed the passport by regular process, and got it renewed in 2 weeks.
This was after you returned from India trip. Right?

Old 12-14-2011, 05:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkak View Post
Thanks gcseeker2002.

This was after you returned from India trip. Right?
yes

Old 02-28-2012, 10:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute
Question US passport renewed

Hello,

I have an urgent question. This is about my daughter who has a PIO card and US passport.

My daughter's US passport was expiring and we have renewed it. So now we do have her new (renewed) US passport.

Question: We are going to India next month, do I need to endorse her new passport from Indian consulate?

I am getting mixed feedback from different persons. Some say i can carry all 3 (old passport, new passport and her PIO card) and there should be no issues. However some say that it could be a problem if I don't get her new passport and PIO card endorsed with updated information.

If at all endorsement is needed, how do I do this? I am in CA and looking at CGISF website but could not find any direct link for information.

appreciate in advance. Thank you

Old 02-29-2012, 12:24 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/18/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by addsf345 View Post
Hello,

I have an urgent question. This is about my daughter who has a PIO card and US passport.

My daughter's US passport was expiring and we have renewed it. So now we do have her new (renewed) US passport.

Question: We are going to India next month, do I need to endorse her new passport from Indian consulate?

I am getting mixed feedback from different persons. Some say i can carry all 3 (old passport, new passport and her PIO card) and there should be no issues. However some say that it could be a problem if I don't get her new passport and PIO card endorsed with updated information.

If at all endorsement is needed, how do I do this? I am in CA and looking at CGISF website but could not find any direct link for information.

What is the need for endorsing a US Passport @ Indian Consulate ?

For entry to India, you are using her PIO card. juz carry the OLD passports, you should be good.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
zapper is on a distinguished road
Default I think you Need to get new PIO card

I think you need to get a new PIO card as US Passport has changed. When i applied for my daughter they said its good till the current US passport expires. Just check with Indian Consulate. If you need to get a new one it take 1 week else you can use the old one

Old 02-29-2012, 10:26 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/22/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by addsf345 View Post
Hello,

Just carry old US passport along with new you should be good. Couple of weeks ago my daughter travelled with the same no issues.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute

He shouldn't have any problem as long as he has valid PIO card. My shuttled between Hyderabad and New York for about 7 times just with the PIO card.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chiranth is on a distinguished road

Glad you could travel peacefully. These journeys can be difficult. A word of caution for your future travels - carry your child's old passport (the one that has the PIO/OCI stamp) in addition to the current one and the PIO/OCI card when you travel.