Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Towards Citizenship > Life after citizenship
Click to log in with Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2014, 09:25 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
VisaAndOCI is on a distinguished road
Default Can I apply for my kids visa even if they have OCI?

Hi all,

Thank you for all the great information on this forum. Without it lot of us will be completely lost

Here is my problem/dilemma:

My kids have new US passports but due to time constraint we are unable to get the OCI stamped in the new passports in time for our India travel on June 25, 2014. Can I apply for Indian Visa for them? I have tried calling the CGI New York and the new provider Cox & Kings Global Services but no response.

I am thinking of travelling to New York with all the documents to apply for the visa and see how it goes. But there is another problem while filling the online application form. It asks if you have travelled to India before and when you say yes (as my kids have on their OCI and previous passports), you have to fill in the visa number and all the details as all this information is required. I thought of putting the OCI visa info there but it might totally invalidate the application.

Anyone in the same boat or have had any experience with regards to a similar situation.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-03-2014, 06:21 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute

Is the OCI a separate document like the PIO card? If yes and if you are talking about endorsing the OCI on the new passport, it is not required. You just need to carry your kid's old passport (that has the endorsement) also.

Old 06-05-2014, 02:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sak is on a distinguished road
Default In the exact same boat!

Hi,

I am in the exact same boat. Kids have new (Canadian) passports, travelling to India on June 25th and no time to apply for transfer of OCI sticker to new passports (even though that process has started).

I decided to go through the tourist visa route and would apply on June 9th - no appoints before that date On the online application, I selected Entry Visa in the list of options and then provided the OCI details (number, date and place of issue).

Keeping fingers crossed they would accept this and send the visa before June 25th!!!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote