Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Tax, Social Security and Financial Issues for Immigrants and Nonimmigrants
Click to log in with Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2008, 07:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
punjabi77 has a spectacular aura about punjabi77 has a spectacular aura about punjabi77 has a spectacular aura about
Default How to get loan in US for buying property in Home country

I know many people on this forum must have taken loan in US and used that money to buy property in India. I plan on doing the same, but need good advice regarding how to get the loan and from where and if this is legal.
I would appreciate if people can reply to this thread and give valuable information.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2008, 09:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/12/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
edaltsis has a spectacular aura about edaltsis has a spectacular aura about edaltsis has a spectacular aura about

As far as I know a bank in US wont give you loan for a home in India (or your home country other than US). You can only get a personal loan but the interest rate will be high (11% or so).

Old 09-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
saiimmi is a glorious beacon of light saiimmi is a glorious beacon of light saiimmi is a glorious beacon of light saiimmi is a glorious beacon of light saiimmi is a glorious beacon of light saiimmi is a glorious beacon of light

Not exactly sure. But if you own a house (or two) and have a sizeable equity then you can get a loan on the equity that you can use to buy property in India. But it is a double edged sword. Be careful.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/25/2005
Compare
DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute

use home equity line of credit if you own a home in US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punjabi77 View Post
I know many people on this forum must have taken loan in US and used that money to buy property in India. I plan on doing the same, but need good advice regarding how to get the loan and from where and if this is legal.
I would appreciate if people can reply to this thread and give valuable information.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/31/2007
Compare
GCWhru is a splendid one to behold GCWhru is a splendid one to behold GCWhru is a splendid one to behold GCWhru is a splendid one to behold GCWhru is a splendid one to behold GCWhru is a splendid one to behold GCWhru is a splendid one to behold

Get a personal loan on your vehicle..

Old 09-22-2008, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Not bank will do that...especially now

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertpinto View Post
my friend had done this using by taking a loan from citibank..I guess u need to find a bank like the above that has a branch in both countries
---
I had done some research on this few months back. Couldn't find a single bank which does that. Some banks loan for properties in Mexico, probably because of large Latino population etc but not in Asia. But look around, I might have missed something. Given the current sub-prime crisis this sounds more difficult.

The Citibank loan that is mentioned here is at much higher interest rates of around 11% or more and that loan will be owned by the Indian subsidiary of the multi-national bank even though you originate it in US. You might also have to put local co-borrower in local country where you are buying this property. Also the customer service will be spotty even though the bank may have local US office in your area because you will need to deal with the branch in local country.

Hope this helps. Sorry to disappoint you, no loan @ 3% or 4% in US for buying property in Asia and generating higher growth rates.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:06 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Home loan

Here is the break down -

if the home costs you 400k ..

You put in minimum 5% down - 20k

Closing costs - 16k

------------------------------
You need 40k ... minimum
------------------------

Right .. in your bank account you should see 50K .. to get a Loan ..

I believe you have it ... So for this advise i charge you

a contribution of $20 to IV ..

Good day

Synonyms for inJustice:
Abuse, breach, crime, damage, dirty deal, discrimination, encroachment, favoritism, grievance, inequality, inequity, infraction, infringement, iniquity, malfeasance, malpractice, maltreatment, mischief, negligence, offense, one-sidedness, oppression, outrage, partiality, partisanship, prejudice, raw deal, rotten deal, ruin, sellout, transgression, trespass, unfairness, unjustness, unlawfulness, villainy, violation, wrongdoing

Old 09-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute
Default You will see the offer in mail when you qualify

You will see the offer in mail when you qualify. Look for credit card offers with low APR for cash advance also. I got these offers starting from 2004 till last year and used many of them. Having said that it will be a dream in current market to expect any such offer from banks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punjabi77 View Post