Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Tax, Social Security and Financial Issues for Immigrants and Nonimmigrants
Click to log in with Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 01:40 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/04/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tough Economic Times. Help each other

Hi All,

By now, we all know of at least one person who lost his/her job recently. Unfortunately, this is a very tough time for all the people around the world, not just here in the US. But, we have to worry about our status here in the US.

This is the one community which helps people like us, who are still waiting to go GREEN!!!. No body is going to help you or me get a job when we lose one. We have to help ourselves. We have to help each other.

So, Friends, apart from sharing the bad news of layoffs with the community, please also share any job openings here. Let us try to help the ones here, without a job, to get one. I know it is not a job portal, but this is the one place, where we all immigrants come together. This is the time to help each other. So, Admins, can we create a separate thread to post known job openings that can help our friends here at IV.

Good luck to everyone and stay calm. Remember, there is always daylight after night. We will overcome this. Yes. We Can.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2009, 02:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
hankles has a spectacular aura about hankles has a spectacular aura about
Default Job Opportunity - Strategic Sourcing

Here is a job lead I received recently. If anyone's interested, send me a message and I will be glad to provide the contact details.

-------------------
I trust all is well. I am working with a small consulting client who may have a contract (1099) need in the next couple of weeks. This would be initially a few month project focused on identifying strategic sourcing opportunities with indirect spend. So we are looking for candidates with broad, indirect strategic sourcing experience. The travel would be something like 50% on site and 50% at home. The client is located in the San Jose area. Ideally we are looking for someone in either Atlanta or the Bay Area, but will consider all locations.

I was hoping you may know someone who would be interested in this opportunity. If so, please feel free to pass along this email. (For interested candidates, please email me a copy of your resume and we can set-up a time to talk.)
-------------------

Old 01-27-2009, 02:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
hankles has a spectacular aura about hankles has a spectacular aura about
Default Job Opportunity - Senior C++ Developer / Chicago

And one more

-------------------------

Hello,

I'm with BCI, and I was curious if you or someone from your professional network might be interested in this opportunity:

Title: Senior C++ Developer (Job Order: DM0556-001-811)

Responsibilities:
Proprietary trading firm focused on the application of advanced quantitative/algorithmic trading methods in financial markets seeks a Senior C++ Developer to assist in their high frequency trading operations. Current members of the team include experts in statistical modeling/machine learning/computer science/software development.
The primary responsibilities of this role will be to aid in research efforts.
They use Microsoft Windows, Visual C++, MFC and STL.

Experience:
Minimum 2-5+ years industry experience required
BS or MS in Computer Science is required
Strong background in object oriented programming/software development required
Programming using Visual C++ and MFC required
Experience with SQL and C# is a strong plus
Experience with any of the following would be strongly preferred: real-time systems/code optimization/numerical methods/scientific computing
Scripting experience using Python a plus

If you are interested in this opening, please email us a copy of your resume as an MS Word attachment.

-------------------------

Old 01-27-2009, 03:02 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. This is a good idea.
In these tough times we will allow people to create threads in this section to post their qualifications and also to post if they have any leads.
Let us try to help each other.
We have also started a social networking groups called 'IV Job networking' http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/group.php?groupid=1

You can also use that area to make friends.
Send me a PM if you have any ideas how we can improve our site to accommodate this need of our members.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 01-27-2009, 03:31 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/17/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
ashishgour is a jewel in the rough ashishgour is a jewel in the rough ashishgour is a jewel in the rough

Got another one in my Inbox...

A Global Investment Bank located in New York, NY has an immediate Full time opportunity for an experienced C++ Developer
Must have a Master Degree in IT and no more than 6 years of professional experience!

Position
We are looking to recruit a mid-level developer for the Puma pricing system. The candidate must be a very strong C++ developer. Ideally the candidate will have experience of distributed server-side systems. Candidates should have good numerical skills and an interest in financial analytics.

We are looking to recruit a permanent member of staff.

Description of the project and team

Puma is a server-based pricing system for flow interest rate products. It runs as a distributed set of components over a number of servers in order to price these products as fast as possible. It has a front-end used by traders to view prices, control quotes and send orders to the markets.

The code is currently written in C++ including the front-end which uses MFC. We will be migrating parts of the system including the front-end to C# over the coming year.

The use of the system is growing rapidly across product types and geographical locations. Puma currently prices EUR, GBP and USD products, with recent developments for pricing credit instruments and CDS, mortgage products and TIPS.

The Puma team has 6 developers in London, with an additional team working on Credit development, and two based in New York. We are looking to recruit another developer for the New York team. As it is a small team, the role will encompass all aspects of Puma development. This is an excellent opportunity to be involved in all aspects of the project, and working in a small team makes the work of all team members highly visible. Candidates must be happy with the higher degree of responsibility that working in a small team brings. The role involves a certain amount of the support of the system. Candidates must be comfortable in a front-office environment, dealing with traders.

The key skill needed is very solid C++. This must include being familiar and comfortable with creating and using templates. Highly desirable skills include experience of developing distributed server-side systems.

Knowledge of financial analytics, particularly for bonds and swaps would be highly desirable but is not necessary. Experience with Excel would also be desirable.

The ideal candidate will have excellent personal and communication skills and the ability to work well under pressure, and both alone and with other developers.

Skills
`Must have` skills are:
- Excellent C++ programmer, including creation of templates

Highly desirable skills include:
-- C#
- Strong analytic skills and ability to prototype in Excel

Desirable skills include:
- Knowledge of financial products and pricing: particularly bonds and swaps.
- Familiarity with electronic markets
- Experience of distributed server-side systems
- Experience of real-time systems
- SQL

If you are qualified, available, interested, planning to make a change, or know of a friend who might have the required qualifications and interest, please send me an e-mail and please include a daytime phone number so I can reach you. In considering candidates, time is of the essence, so please respond ASAP. Thank you.

Old 01-27-2009, 04:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Compare
caforum2 is a jewel in the rough caforum2 is a jewel in the rough caforum2 is a jewel in the rough caforum2 is a jewel in the rough
Default Manager of Strategy

This position is in fast growing company based in Kansas City, MO
Specific Qualifications
• Demonstrated analytical horsepower in a fast-paced environment with senior leadership
• Experience in wireless technology, finance, or insurance industry preferred but not critical
• Ability to creatively gather external and internal research
• Ability to execute and manage multiple analytical tasks
• Ability to integrate multiple viewpoints and synthesize key messages
• Comfort with quantitative as well as qualitative elements of business issues
• Understanding of macro and micro economic trends in the domestic and international markets as well as in Wireless, Technology or Retail
• Experience in high-impact MS PowerPoint slide creation , Excel modeling and Access database manipulation
• Ability to present findings over the phone and in person in a simple and compelling manner

General Qualifications Requirements:
• Ideally two to three years of post-undergraduate experience at a top General Management Consulting firm, Investment Bank, or Fortune 500 internal strategy group
• Thoroughness and detail-orientation (with the ability to recognize the bigger picture)
• Comfort with teaming and working in a highly collaborative and fluid environment
• Superior personal productivity and time management skills
• Demonstrated creative problem solving and entrepreneurial character highly valued
• Understanding of the Wireless or Retail industry (helpful but not necessary)
• Willingness to travel up to 10-20% of time
Education:
• Bachelors degree in Economics, Finance or Sciences such as Engineering, Math, and Physics
• Masters degree a plus, but not necessary

Contact rmanjuna@gmail.com

Old 01-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/07/2007
Compare
greenguru has a spectacular aura about greenguru has a spectacular aura about
Default Full time posting, i heard from my friend.. this is in LA

Position: Sr. WebSphere Administrator ( WMB ) – 1816

Salary: $100,000 - $120,000/Year plus Excellent Benefits

Requirements: Senior-Level WebSphere Administration in Medium to Large-Scale Server Environments with WebSphere Message Broker (WMB) and/or WebSphere MQ Series (WMQ); WebSphere Application Server (WAS); Linux and/or UNIX; JACL and Shell Scripting; TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP, HTML, XML, J2EE, Apache/Tomcat, Secure Sockets Layers, Secure Certificates, Load Balancing, Firewalls, Multi-Tiered Architectures; DB2 Knowledge;
Plusses: RedHat Linux, Windows Servers, PM4DATA (now MIM), SQL and Oracle, JBOSS Administration, Steel-Belted Radius, Oracle on Linux

Description:
A manufacturer/distributor of medical devices located near Northridge California is hiring a full-time Sr. WebSphere Message Broker Administrator (WMB) and a full-time Sr. WebSphere MQ Series (WMQ) Administrator at an annualized salary of $100,000 - $120,000. The company has excellent benefits, some of which include: 401k, profit sharing plan, 3 weeks of vacation after 3 years of employment, stock purchase plan, and great medical/dental/vision insurance. The company also has excellent opportunity for professional growth.

Responsibilities:

Implementation of multi-tier applications in Linux and Windows operating systems environments
Building and maintaining WAS 6.0 server environment
Administration of WebSphere middleware technologies and JBOSS application server systems
Administration and troubleshooting of WebSphere MQ, MQ clustering and securing channels, and Message Broker deployments
Analyzing and documenting the current disaster/recovery (DR) environment in order to make enhancements
Deploying WebSphere MQ at an alternative data center using the enhanced DR plan/infrastructure
Mentoring junior members of the application integration team
Educating the application development teams
Testing of systems strategies
Configuration, installation, and documentation of systems programming applications
Troubleshooting of programming problems
Development of systems solutions
Helping the business teams understand technical capabilities as well as explaining business requirements to technical teams
Developing internet policies and procedures, project documentation, in addition to technical and business specifications
Rotating on-call support for enterprise systems
Technical support for systems project planning and training requirements.

Requirements include:

A minimum of six+ plus years of technical administration experience in a medium to large-scale server environment (250-500 servers)
5+ years experience analyzing, designing, and implementing integration solutions using Websphere Message Broker (WMB) and/or WebSphere MQ (WMQ).
Experience with WebSphere Application Server (WAS) and MQ Series environments with high availability, clustering, and security administration
Strong administration experience with IBM WebSphere Application Server (WAS) 6.0 with high availability horizontal and vertical clustering
Experience implementing proactive monitoring of a WAS and MQSeries infrastructure
Solid understanding of: TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP, HTML, XML, J2EE, Apache/Tomcat, Secure Sockets Layers, Secure Certificates, Load Balancing, firewalls, and multi-tiered architectures
JACL and shell scripting
Basic DB2 knowledge
Must be a team player with excellent oral and written communication skills.

Additional desired experience:

Administration of LINUX and high availability clusters
Knowledge of CommerceQuest’s Process Manager for Data (PM4DATA), now Metastorm’s Integration Manager (MIM)
SQL and Oracle knowledge
Administration of JBOSS
Knowledge of Juniper Steel-Belted Radius
On-call rotational support in a 24x7 operational production environment
Best practice trouble shooting, monitoring, capacity planning, and maintenance in a global organization
IBM WMQ (Websphere MQ) Certification and/or IBM WMB (Websphere Message Broker) Certification
Oracle running on Linux.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
Pallavi79 is a splendid one to behold Pallavi79 is a splendid one to behold Pallavi79 is a splendid one to behold Pallavi79 is a splendid one to behold Pallavi79 is a splendid one to behold Pallavi79 is a splendid one to behold Pallavi79 is a splendid one to behold

<Quote>ashishgour: Must have a Master Degree in IT and no more than 6 years of professional experience!</Quote>
Why do people does not want more than 6 years?? Highly curious about this.

Last edited by Pallavi79; 01-27-2009 at 09:37 PM.

Old 01-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/04/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 01-28-2009, 02:58 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/17/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
ashishgour is a jewel in the rough ashishgour is a jewel in the rough ashishgour is a jewel in the rough
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi79 View Post
<Quote>ashishgour: Must have a Master Degree in IT and no more than 6 years of professional experience!</Quote>
Why do people does not want more than 6 years?? Highly curious about this.
I have no idea abt that...thats the way the requirement was given to me...
I guess it might be not to have any over qualified cancdate so that they dont have to pay extra $$$$$$$$$$

Old 03-24-2009, 08:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
anjali.pap is on a distinguished road
Default looking for oracle DBA openings

i am looking for oracle DBA openings. ,anywhere in US

Old 03-24-2009, 08:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
GCNirvana007 has a spectacular aura about GCNirvana007 has a spectacular aura about GCNirvana007 has a spectacular aura about
Default Looking in Hyperion

Anybody?

Old 03-24-2009, 11:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/03/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
gsrknth is a jewel in the rough gsrknth is a jewel in the rough gsrknth is a jewel in the rough

Here is one in our company.

Senior Oracle Database Administrator

https://cswg.recruitmax.com//main/ca...dsToHighlight=

or look in http://www.cswg.com/careers/careers2.htm

Old 03-24-2009, 01:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/03/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
ramineni11 is on a distinguished road

Harvard university and boston University are looking for dbas. Go to their site and search.

I guess they do H1 sponcership too (if required)

Old 03-24-2009, 03:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/07/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/31/2007
Compare
Jerrome has a brilliant future Jerrome has a brilliant future Jerrome has a brilliant future Jerrome has a brilliant future Jerrome has a brilliant future Jerrome has a brilliant future Jerrome has a brilliant future Jerrome has a brilliant future Jerrome has a brilliant future Jerrome has a brilliant future Jerrome has a brilliant future

i have come across a website http://www.corp-corp.com/. It looks like it has lots of openings(esp for contract positions)

Please understand that i am not a owner,operator or promoter of this website. So don't blame me if this is not good.

If i am not supposed to provide any website links here, please delete this posting.

Last edited by Jerrome; 03-24-2009 at 03:48 PM.