Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   Tax, Social Security and Financial Issues for Immigrants and Nonimmigrants (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum99-tax-social-security-and-financial-issues-for-immigrants-and-nonimmigrants/)
-   -   Transfer money to parents from US to India - Max Limit (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum99-tax-social-security-and-financial-issues-for-immigrants-and-nonimmigrants/2353016-transfer-money-to-parents-from-us-to-india-max-limit.html)

belmontboy 12-28-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xyz0011 (Post 3085395)
I do not understand why people send so much money outside. Here the country has given us job and education and we should be thankful for that. In this economy, it is everybody's duty to spend money inside USA, for the country which gives us bread and butter and a decent life. Sending a few hundreds are ok; but thousands of dollars outside is absolutely insane in my opinion. Just think how lucky you have a job when millions of Americans don't.

Knowing what to do with their hard earned money is one's own business. Stop preaching them.

thomachan72 12-28-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belmontboy (Post 3085958)
Knowing what to do with their hard earned money is one's own business. Stop preaching them.

Let me put it in a different way; Let them (the govt) make our situation more stable/certain by passing our bills (3012) then, yes, we will consider investing or spending or whatever. Until then this so called patriotism on part of Indian EB folks is pure hypocrisy. It most often comes from those who are already greened or are very close to it. They dont care about the 10+ years that lot of "very qualified" folks stuck in EB3 are waiting. In fact many of the major leaders of IV are EB3!! As soon as you see this kind of talk you know it is a desi and he/she is now focused on how to now make situation better for themselves. Come on lets be a bit more selfless friends :D:D:D

unluckydude 12-28-2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xyz0011 (Post 3085395)
I do not understand why people send so much money outside. Here the country has given us job and education and we should be thankful for that. In this economy, it is everybody's duty to spend money inside USA, for the country which gives us bread and butter and a decent life. Sending a few hundreds are ok; but thousands of dollars outside is absolutely insane in my opinion. Just think how lucky you have a job when millions of Americans don't.

Lets go back a little bit. Many of us came here as a "Temporary worker (H1B)". While the govt. called these so called high skilled resources as "temporary worker" and not extending a permanent resident status for decades, why would anyone want to spend all the resources they have earned on a country which is trying to accommodate them only temporarily?

floridasun 12-28-2011 04:14 PM

Amen !
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thomachan72 (Post 3085981)
Let me put it in a different way; Let them (the govt) make our situation more stable/certain by passing our bills (3012) then, yes, we will consider investing or spending or whatever. Until then this so called patriotism on part of Indian EB folks is pure hypocrisy. It most often comes from those who are already greened or are very close to it. They dont care about the 10+ years that lot of "very qualified" folks stuck in EB3 are waiting. In fact many of the major leaders of IV are EB3!! As soon as you see this kind of talk you know it is a desi and he/she is now focused on how to now make situation better for themselves. Come on lets be a bit more selfless friends :D:D:D

Agreed 200%. let me give a practical example that happened to someone I know really well - this poor dude spent a decade and half in this great Country and earned a Masters degree and was working for a good company with clean history. the consulate officer found a tiny tiny problem in his employment history (not a problem according to immi lawyers and USCIS - probably caused by the officer's lack of knowledge). But anyways, when he replied with the same answer, officer says so - "YOU ARE ALIEN IN USA AND ARE EXPECTED TO FOLLOW THE LAW - KNOWN AND UNKNOWN (!). YOUR STAY IN US IS TEMPORARY. BLAH BLAH BLAH".
"Well tell you what Ms. Officer, I am not going to invest even a penny in your Country then" :mad: (He wanted to say that but he did not for obvious reasons :p)

xyz0011 12-30-2011 01:02 AM

i understand the point of being temporary status. but, when you are planning for permanent residency you have a moral right to contribute to this country. my post was specifically about those sending over large amount (>100k) outside. you can invest here and later take that outside in case you do not stay permanently.

Quote:

Originally Posted by unluckydude (Post 3086002)
Lets go back a little bit. Many of us came here as a "Temporary worker (H1B)". While the govt. called these so called high skilled resources as "temporary worker" and not extending a permanent resident status for decades, why would anyone want to spend all the resources they have earned on a country which is trying to accommodate them only temporarily?



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org