Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Tax, Social Security and Financial Issues for Immigrants and Nonimmigrants
Click to log in with Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2013, 10:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of
Default PAN card in India

2. Citizen of India located outside India at the time of application for PAN

Proof of Identity
Copy of passport

Proof of Address
Copy of any one of the following
Copy of passport, Copy of bank account statement in country of residence, Copy
of NRE bank account statement **

** showing at least two customer induced transactions in last six months period
and duly attested by Indian Embassy / Consular office / Highcommission or
Apostille or by the manager of the bank in which the account is held. The
applicant may be a joint holder.

Please help me to interpret this: The two ** is for the copy of NRE ban account statement or for the any of these (Copy of passport, Copy of bank account statement in country of residence, Copyof NRE bank account statement **)

I live in Raleigh, NC and there is no Indian consulate and i use online bank and don't have any physical branches! Have anyone dealt with this issue ?

Thanks
Attended the Advocacy days in DC - 2011
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2013, 01:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2012
Compare
krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute

I have got PAN for my spouse a few years back. We did not have to get anything attested by Indian Embassy ... just sent Notarized (by a local Notary) copies.

As for address proof , send statements of your local bank. Even though it is online banking, you can print the statement (at least my bank -- Citizens Bank , loads PDF statements to my account). That has bank logo and is accepted. Better yet, take a color printout and ask Bank to attest/notarize it.

Also include copy of your Driving License