Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (
-   Tax, Social Security and Financial Issues for Immigrants and Nonimmigrants (
-   -   Paying back relocation assistance to employer upon termination (

jnr 07-14-2014 01:16 PM

Paying back relocation assistance to employer upon termination
I am posting this question on behalf of my friend since he didn't get the email to activate his account yet and his query is urgent.

Thank you

His question below..

I got my H-1B while I was in India. My employer made me sign an agreement (while I was in India) that if I leave the company before 2 years I will have to pay back 14K worth of relocation assistance (includes air tickets from India for my family, hotel expenses, per diem and car rental). I have an opportunity from another company and want to know if I am legally bounded to pay back the 14K? If yes then am I bound to also pay for the airfare he paid for me to get me to US from India

bracelet80 07-14-2014 01:37 PM

Generally it is 1 year agreement between employee and employer

but anyway, He is bound to pay the amount if he leaves before 2 years. This is very common relocation agreement in every company. Nothing new

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.