Canada Family Sponsored

From Immigration Wiki

Jump to: navigation, search
Canada Home | Immigration | Visas | Citizenship | FAQs | Wiki Cheat sheet | WikiHome | IV Home| Privacy Policy


CIC refers to the immigrants who are eligible to use this family sponsoring process as the Family Class. If you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, you can sponsor your spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, dependent child (including adopted child) or other eligible relative (such as a parent or grandparent) to become a permanent resident.

The sponsoring individual is responsible for a relative who comes to Canada as a permanent resident, for supporting the financial needs. As a sponsor, you must make sure your spouse or relative does not need to seek financial assistance from the government. The process to sponsor your family begins when you, as a citizen or permanent resident in Canada, apply to be a sponsor.

There are two different processes for sponsoring a family.

  1. For Sponsoring spouse, conjugal or common-law partner and/or dependent children. To apply for Sponsoring spouse or common law partner click here.
  2. For Sponsoring other eligible relatives. To apply for sponsoring other eligible relatives click here.
Personal tools

Copyright © 2005 - 2009