Canada Skilled Workers And Professionals

From Immigration Wiki

Jump to: navigation, search
Canada Home | Immigration | Visas | Citizenship | FAQs | Wiki Cheat sheet | WikiHome | IV Home| Privacy Policy


Canada invites Skilled professionals from the world to immigrate to Canada as permanent residents based on their education, work experience, knowledge of English and/or French term papers, and other criteria that have been shown to help them become economically established in Canada.

Your application goes through following steps:

1. Your application is eligible for processing if any of the below applies:

  • You have an offer of arranged employment
  • You are a foreign national who has been living legally in Canada for one year as a temporary foreign worker or an international student.
  • You are a skilled worker who has at least one year of experience in one or more of the 38 occupations listed here.

Financial Managers Computer and Information Systems Managers Managers in Health Care Restaurant and Food Service Managers Accommodation Service Managers Construction Managers Financial Auditors and Accountants Geologists, Geochemists and Geophysicists Mining Engineers Geological Engineers Petroleum Engineers Specialist Physicians General Practitioners and Family Physicians Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologists Occupational Therapists Physiotherapists Head Nurses and Supervisors Registered Nurses Medical Radiation Technologists Licensed Practical Nurses University Professors College and Other Vocational Instructors Chefs Cooks Contractors and Supervisors, Pipefitting Trades Contractors and Supervisors, Carpentry Trades Contractors and Supervisors, Heavy Construction Equipment Crews Electricians (Except Industrial and Power System) Industrial Electricians Plumbers Steamfitters, Pipe fitters and Sprinkler System Installers Welders and Related Machine Operators Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanics Crane Operators Drillers and Blasters – Surface Mining, Quarrying and Construction Supervisors, Mining and Quarrying Supervisors, Oil and Gas Drilling and Service Supervisors, Petroleum, Gas and Chemical Processing and Utilities

2. You must also meet the following minimum requirements to qualify as a skilled worker:

  • You have at least one year of continuous full-time paid work experience or the equivalent in part-time continuous employment, AND your work experience must be Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or Skill Level A (professional occupations) or B (technical occupations and skilled trades) on the Canadian National Occupational Classification list, AND you must have had this experience within the last 10 years.

3. If you meet the minimum requirements, your application will then be processed according to the following 6 factors.

  1. Education
  2. Abilities in English and/or French, Canada’s two official languages
  3. Work experience
  4. Age
  5. Employment letter or your ability to arrange employment.

Click here for Self Test: Click here for application package:

Personal tools

Copyright © 2005 - 2009