IMPORTANT NEW ACTION ITEM:
In 2 weeks, the U.S. House will vote on piecemeal Immigration bills.
It is very important for you to please call (202) 225-3072 to ask Congresswoman Lofgren to also bring up the Fairness bill for a vote.
Here is a sample call message-
- My name is ____
- I am calling because I will die in a 200-year discriminatory green card line only because I was born in India.
- Congresswoman Lofgren is aware of the severe quality of life issues for my family caused by the 200+ years backlog which is solely because of the Per-country limits.
- There is a bipartisan bill from the last Congress that fixes this injustice- the Fairness for High Skilled Immigrants Act, which she championed for 10 years, and it passed the House and Senate last year.
- In two weeks, the House is planning to vote on bills that passed the House in the last Congress and help everyone else except us.
- Why is Congress systematically discriminating against tax-paying law-abiding immigrants from India? Why is Congress not bringing up the Fairness for High Skilled Immigrants Act for a vote?
- Congress can walk and chew gum at the same time, meaning, Congress can pass Fairness for High Skilled Immigrants Act bill if it is passing other immigration-related bills for the undocumented. Why are House Democrats discriminating against immigrants like me?
- We do not oppose bills to help undocumented, but why is the House discriminating against my family from India?
- Congresswoman Lofgren must bring up the Fairness for High Skilled Immigrants Act for a vote.
- Repeat 1) and 2) above…