Please take two minutes to call (202) 225-3072 to ask Congresswoman Lofgren to also bring up the Fairness bill for a vote.
Here is a sample call message-
1) My name is ____
2) I am calling because I will die in a 200-year discriminatory green card line only because I was born in India.
3) Congresswoman Lofgren is aware of the severe quality of life issues for my family caused by the 200+ years backlog which is solely because of the Per country limits.
4) There is a bipartisan bill from the last Congress that fixes this injustice- the Fairness for High Skilled Immigrants Act, which she championed for 10 years, and it passed the House and Senate last year.
5)When the House voted on immigration bills that passed the House in the last Congress, every immigrant group was considered except us. Don’t we deserve equality?
6) Why is Congress systematically discriminating against tax-paying law-abiding immigrants from India? Why is Congress not bringing up the Fairness for High Skilled Immigrants Act for vote?
7) Congress can pass the Fairness for High Skilled Immigrants Act bill if it is passing other immigration-related bills. Why are House Democrats discriminating against immigrants like me who are suffering due to a discriminatory legal immigration system?
8) We do not oppose bills to help undocumented, but the House is opposing equality in the immigration system by discriminating against my family from India.
9) Congresswoman Lofgren must bring up the Fairness for High Skilled Immigrants Act for vote.
10) Repeat 1) and 2) above and please encourage your friends and family to do the same!
Please share this message!